Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
huh

United States

#1724 Apr 22, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>The problem is there is a real history here of hiring for favor, whether it is a blood relative, a family member, or a close friend. Those hires have come at the expense of workers that were qualified and deserving based on their education and work history. So now every hire will automatically be viewed through the lens of 'existing employees that got screwed'. How can we argue with that? The rules and guidelines have been so twisted and bent to make sure "their guy" got a particular position that what is "best" no longer applies in logical concepts. According to those that hired Kelly Nash, including a 5-6 person panel, she was absolutely the best hire. But out of the same mouth we are willing to say that the asst. was not automatically the best hire? How can this be?

This is the result of a selfish and greedy administration coupled with a lazy and disconnected BOE. The only way to fix this over the long haul is to put people on the Board who will actually hold the administration's feet to the fire! I personally believe we need a new super and some different asst. supers., but without a strong BOE that is willing to correct the nepotism it is a lost cause!
Put your money where your mouth is, Sam.
huh

United States

#1725 Apr 22, 2013
Sam Ferry should run
Sam Ferry

Saint Charles, MO

#1726 Apr 22, 2013
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Put your money where your mouth is, Sam.
Let's pretend for just a second here and say I can not actually read peoples minds. What exactly are you telling me to do?
huh

United States

#1727 Apr 22, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Let's pretend for just a second here and say I can not actually read peoples minds. What exactly are you telling me to do?
I believe the second post does answer your question.
Sam Ferry

Saint Charles, MO

#1728 Apr 22, 2013
huh wrote:
Sam Ferry should run
Why do you think I should run?
Patrick

United States

#1729 Apr 22, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is there is a real history here of hiring for favor, whether it is a blood relative, a family member, or a close friend. Those hires have come at the expense of workers that were qualified and deserving based on their education and work history. So now every hire will automatically be viewed through the lens of 'existing employees that got screwed'. How can we argue with that? The rules and guidelines have been so twisted and bent to make sure "their guy" got a particular position that what is "best" no longer applies in logical concepts. According to those that hired Kelly Nash, including a 5-6 person panel, she was absolutely the best hire. But out of the same mouth we are willing to say that the asst. was not automatically the best hire? How can this be?
This is the result of a selfish and greedy administration coupled with a lazy and disconnected BOE. The only way to fix this over the long haul is to put people on the Board who will actually hold the administration's feet to the fire! I personally believe we need a new super and some different asst. supers., but without a strong BOE that is willing to correct the nepotism it is a lost cause!
Don't we have a new president of the BOE? Who is he/she? Can they make new policy regarding nepotism? Has anyone talked with the new president regarding this matter?
dis

United States

#1730 Apr 22, 2013
Ssdd wrote:
I'm missing something. Who else is she related to? I know how good she is at her job because I've seen it throughout her career. She has been an asst. principal at Ridgewood, Fox, and Seckman high schools. She is an over qualified middle school principal. And in my eyes she's honest, trustworthy, and has the kids best interests at heart. Integrity. Truthful. Yeah she's definitely a better pick than those in CO.
I have to completely agree with you ssdd. I've known Tammy Cardona since my kids attended Antonia Elementary, where she taught 2nd and 4th grades to start. She was one of my son's high school principal at SHS, and my daughter's principal at SMS (until we were forced to move to AMS).

I found Dr. Cardona to be very bright, she has great people skills and have seen her deal with tough situations with respect and understanding. I find her both honest and trustworthy. I think she should be our next Super. I think she'd do a great job.
Sam Ferry

Saint Charles, MO

#1731 Apr 22, 2013
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't we have a new president of the BOE? Who is he/she? Can they make new policy regarding nepotism? Has anyone talked with the new president regarding this matter?
Yes the new BOE President is Mr. Smith. One of the new board members, Mr. Kroupa, brought up his desire to change the policy on nepotism in the special board meeting to take place in May. Or at least his desire to have it looked at when policy is revised.
Albert

United States

#1732 Apr 22, 2013
agreed wrote:
To be truthful I have posted on this page several times under another name. I agree with the nepotism talk. I don't approve of nepotism because I think the person who will do the best job for our kids should get the job. But the last few weeks posts have fallin into something that I disagree with. Talk of the job should go to whomever because of years of service is the same as nepotism. The job should go to the person who will do the best job. I didnt like the food service person hire because she wasnt the best choice based on qualifications. Thats it, I also dont think the assistant director should automatically get it either. From what I understand most the cooks didnt care for her either. The grass cutting job shouldn't go to somebody who worked 20 years in the district if that person has been an average employee. That should be used to break a tie if one exists. Now complaints about the new assistant super are on here. Well he had the most experience so and qualifications so I dont feel it needs to always be from within. For example, to be honest I like Dr. Cardona and have a child at her school, I see her name argued. Well if you think she should of got that job that is up to you, but I think that brings down our other arguement because its not facted based other then years of experience and if you like that Don Grimshaw had her beat and the guy they hired was only one with super experience, and more years then Dr. Cardona. It hurts our arguement because the position was for head of instruction and our school that she heads is last in almost every instructional category. I think she would do fine but lets not argue for basing on merit then argue about nepotism. Support the original post by saying the best person should get the job and say why. I admit I have little knowledge of the custodial grass cutter spot but I dont think anyone should automatically get the job because they already work here.
Let's fill in some blanks for you. First the grass cutter/ custodial position is 8 months custodial 4 months grass cutting. So if Someone has 10 years as a custodian, cuts his or her own grass VS a sub custodian who has done that and cutting grass for about a year and a half who just happens to be related to someone in the administration building you do the math.
Next you can't base building performance compared to another building in the district, without taking into consideration certain economic deficiencies at some of the schools.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#1733 Apr 22, 2013
I'm not sure if what I was trying to get across came out right. Our current super needs to go. I know she has been applying else where so cross your fingers. In addition to her departure Dan Baker, Rizzi, Todd Scott, and Crutchley need to go. I do not include Crutchleys wife because she is amazing at her job. Those that work in schools see the necessity to have curriculum become fluid through all our buildings.

The new guy from Desoto? I'm still scratching my head as to what his purpose is. Have the other sups become tired of the forced resignation speech?

I believe we have made a great start. Next year we can get 3 more seats. We need people willing to stand up to a carte blanch yes man philosophy. Maybe Sam should run. That's up to him. I would vote or him because I respect his honor and integrity. Which is far more than I have for most of the of the other sups.

Now getting back to Cardona. Should any board this year or next get the opportunity to clear house I believe she would be a great person to lead our district. She is truthful, understanding and always puts kids first. She has many years of experience.

If ou were thinking we can get rid of the super and keep her drones and promote them that would be ludacris. This district as taken many years to get where it's gone. As a community it's time o reclaim the institution for our kids. No more non certified teachers, no more fry girls, and most of all teachers should have the ability to be heard if there are problems WITHOUT fear of job loss. Our district teachers work hard and so do the principals. They deserve better. And I think strong minded adults need to come together and fix the problem. We need term limits. 2 elections and your out.
Neighbor Friend

United States

#1734 Apr 23, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the new BOE President is Mr. Smith. One of the new board members, Mr. Kroupa, brought up his desire to change the policy on nepotism in the special board meeting to take place in May. Or at least his desire to have it looked at when policy is revised.
I go to church with Mr. Smith and I know him to be a man of integrity. He will do the right thing as President. I understand Mr. Smith is already working on a new nepotism policy. He really listens to others and tries to see all sides of an issue.
Sam Ferry

Saint Charles, MO

#1735 Apr 23, 2013
Ssdd wrote:
Our current super needs to go. I know she has been applying else where so cross your fingers.
Do you know about how long she has been applying other places?
huh

United States

#1736 Apr 23, 2013
Neighbor Friend wrote:
<quoted text>I go to church with Mr. Smith and I know him to be a man of integrity. He will do the right thing as President. I understand Mr. Smith is already working on a new nepotism policy. He really listens to others and tries to see all sides of an issue.
Was he on the BOE when his daughter was hired?
Sam Ferry

Saint Charles, MO

#1737 Apr 23, 2013
Neighbor Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
I go to church with Mr. Smith and I know him to be a man of integrity. He will do the right thing as President. I understand Mr. Smith is already working on a new nepotism policy. He really listens to others and tries to see all sides of an issue.
I do not know him personally, I know his record on the board though, and I believe he has to go. I have spoken to him personally on two occasions and I came to the same conclusion as you, "he reallly listens to others". Meaning he is blown about by the wishes of others. Being president does not a backbone make.His vote for Kelly Nash and his stubborn stand by that decision is undeniable. When I confronted him about a super and a district that would actually try and supress the free speech of citizens he told me to my face that I "could not criticise people for doing their job". The very fact that he can not stand on his own is the thjng I respect least about him!

Having said that, two encounters with someone hardly makes for good understanding of an individual. So if he actually is working on a new nepotism policy, and he has the influence to change the policy before the next election then I would be among the first to praise him.
huh

United States

#1738 Apr 23, 2013
I'm pretty sure Dan's daughter got hired at Fox while Dan was on the BOE. If he leads the board towards a new nepotism policy, it's a joke.
anonymous

United States

#1739 Apr 23, 2013
No one even mentions all the laws the district has violated where students are concerned. Do a sunshine request into all the complaints and ocr!!! All the talk is about hiring and people mad they didn't get hired!! Put you money where mouths are and show you care about the student!!!!
embarassedtaxpay er

Saint Louis, MO

#1740 Apr 23, 2013
Ssdd wrote:
I'm not sure if what I was trying to get across came out right. Our current super needs to go. I know she has been applying else where so cross your fingers. In addition to her departure Dan Baker, Rizzi, Todd Scott, and Crutchley need to go. I do not include Crutchleys wife because she is amazing at her job. Those that work in schools see the necessity to have curriculum become fluid through all our buildings.
The new guy from Desoto? I'm still scratching my head as to what his purpose is. Have the other sups become tired of the forced resignation speech?
I believe we have made a great start. Next year we can get 3 more seats. We need people willing to stand up to a carte blanch yes man philosophy. Maybe Sam should run. That's up to him. I would vote or him because I respect his honor and integrity. Which is far more than I have for most of the of the other sups.
Now getting back to Cardona. Should any board this year or next get the opportunity to clear house I believe she would be a great person to lead our district. She is truthful, understanding and always puts kids first. She has many years of experience.
If ou were thinking we can get rid of the super and keep her drones and promote them that would be ludacris. This district as taken many years to get where it's gone. As a community it's time o reclaim the institution for our kids. No more non certified teachers, no more fry girls, and most of all teachers should have the ability to be heard if there are problems WITHOUT fear of job loss. Our district teachers work hard and so do the principals. They deserve better. And I think strong minded adults need to come together and fix the problem. We need term limits. 2 elections and your out.
Well said and totally AGREE Sam would be a great choice for school board. I hope you are right that Cricthlow is looking for another job. She should be,the poor job of super. of FOX Distict.
Tim

United States

#1741 Apr 23, 2013
I wonder during all the new security measures at the schools, and the new fields if anybody thought to put cameras to catch vandalism. I bet the insurance rates are going up after watching the news this morning.
Sam Ferry

Saint Charles, MO

#1742 Apr 23, 2013
anonymous wrote:
No one even mentions all the laws the district has violated where students are concerned. Do a sunshine request into all the complaints and ocr!!! All the talk is about hiring and people mad they didn't get hired!! Put you money where mouths are and show you care about the student!!!!
Are you claiming you have knowledge of students that have been mistreated by this district, even to the point of laws broken and you are sitting on that information? Tell someone for goodness sakes. Better yet start a thread here where you actually point these things out. All the talk on this thread is about or directed around nepotism! I am sick to death of others claiming they have some superior care for students. I never met a single employee that did not care for children, some had more contact than others but they all cared! If you see violations as you claim then get off your but and do something about it!
Ron

United States

#1743 Apr 23, 2013
huh wrote:
I'm pretty sure Dan's daughter got hired at Fox while Dan was on the BOE. If he leads the board towards a new nepotism policy, it's a joke.
This is how bad information gets out there. I know for a "fact" Dan's daughter has taught in the district for 12 years. Dan has been on the BOE for 5+ years. If Dan says he will work on a new policy I believe he will.

You are the only joke on here posting things you know absolutely nothing about or you are intentionally misleading to make something look like something it is NOT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Traffic Camera Ticket - Need Advice (May '10) 9 hr No Amnesty 50
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Thu cleanhouse 1,267
Police illegally confiscate photographer's came... (Nov '14) Wed Body Cams 10
bryan weber (Feb '13) May 27 Bryan Weber 53
You know you're wife is too controlling when: May 27 Cow On A Roof 5
25 people Arrested on Federal Meth Charges (Sep '13) May 26 been there 41
Fox C-6 Outlandish Lunch Debts May 25 ArnoldCC 18
More from around the web

Eureka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE