Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Desoto guy

United States

#1704 Apr 19, 2013
hatred wrote:
The other night I was at the board meeting and saw the ex-Desoto Super there. Since then I can not get this HIRE out of my mind. I know it is old news,but the board voted to hire him as ASST. Super for FOX. I have tried to find anything positive about this man and can't. If this becomes a bad hire, CRICTHLOW and OLD BOARD should GO! If someone can explain the reason for the hire, please do so. Is he a relative of administration, friend or another bad decision by board. I guess time will tell.
Not a bad guy at all, have known him for some time and he is very well read and very smart. Had some disagreements in Desota and decided to leave.(much like Sam...hope that doesn't make him or you Sam bad people).

He is NO RELATION to anyone at Fox.
Sam Ferry

United States

#1705 Apr 19, 2013
Desoto guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a bad guy at all, have known him for some time and he is very well read and very smart. Had some disagreements in Desota and decided to leave.(much like Sam...hope that doesn't make him or you Sam bad people).
He is NO RELATION to anyone at Fox.
I didn't "decide to leave" I was fired, "much like" him is what most say. Good or bad is not the issue here. In his case the issue is were there qualified employees within this district that got overlooked for an outsider who had not given his blood, sweat and tears for this ditrict. The answer ir yes! He may be a regular Mr. Rodgers for all I know, my beef would be with the people that hired him.
Desoto Guy

United States

#1706 Apr 19, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't "decide to leave" I was fired, "much like" him is what most say. Good or bad is not the issue here. In his case the issue is were there qualified employees within this district that got overlooked for an outsider who had not given his blood, sweat and tears for this ditrict. The answer ir yes! He may be a regular Mr. Rodgers for all I know, my beef would be with the people that hired him.
Sam I think you said it ALL when you said "my beef would be with the people who hired him". You have a "beef" that is really showing and is soarly clouding your preception. Too bad.

I believe the district and the children in the district are served best when the "best" are hired regardless if in or out of the district. Like you said he may be the best but you don't care because you have prejudices for those already in the district; very similar to "nepotism".
Sam Ferry

United States

#1707 Apr 19, 2013
Desoto Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam I think you said it ALL when you said "my beef would be with the people who hired him". You have a "beef" that is really showing and is soarly clouding your preception. Too bad.
I believe the district and the children in the district are served best when the "best" are hired regardless if in or out of the district. Like you said he may be the best but you don't care because you have prejudices for those already in the district; very similar to "nepotism".
Yes beef as in complaint, not that hard to understand! You think my complaints are showing against my will? I want then to "really" show, that's the whole idea! I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING! There that really shows. A complaint, or a judgement does not cloud anything any more than praise does. Your lack of complaining has really clouded your perception....too bad. Do I actually have to go back through all of history for you and show you the benifits of those that have complained, or pointed out a particular problem? Learn to think and then speak. Now if you have an argument for Fox that shows they do not have a record of passing over qualified employees within their own district then make it!
Albert

Brighton, MO

#1708 Apr 19, 2013
Desoto Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me read in between the lines for Desoto Guy.
When you overlook qualified people already employed you create an atmosphere of dissatisfied workers. Which by the way is contrary to board policy of promoting from within, which retains employees. Did you not hear Critchlow on Tv we take care of our own here, except she left out the part only when it benefits me(Critchlow).
Sam Ferry

United States

#1709 Apr 19, 2013
Albert wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me read in between the lines for Desoto Guy.
When you overlook qualified people already employed you create an atmosphere of dissatisfied workers. Which by the way is contrary to board policy of promoting from within, which retains employees. Did you not hear Critchlow on Tv we take care of our own here, except she left out the part only when it benefits me(Critchlow).
That's not between the lines, that's just a better way of saying it. Thank you!
huh

Saint Louis, MO

#1710 Apr 19, 2013
Who were these overly qualified people that were passed over for this superintendent post? I'm having a tough time thinking of any.
Wow

Saint Louis, MO

#1711 Apr 19, 2013
huh wrote:
Who were these overly qualified people that were passed over for this superintendent post? I'm having a tough time thinking of any.
Dr. Tammy Cardona is one and Don Grimshaw is another. They are both qualified and have been long time employees of the district.
Albert

Brighton, MO

#1712 Apr 19, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Tammy Cardona is one and Don Grimshaw is another. They are both qualified and have been long time employees of the district.
I can name some more, but those two are sufficient!
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#1713 Apr 19, 2013
Dr. Cardona has her Superintendent certification. She is a smart, and has years of experience. Maybe we can get rid of Critchlow and her sups and promote her.
huh

Saint Louis, MO

#1714 Apr 20, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>Dr. Tammy Cardona is one and Don Grimshaw is another. They are both qualified and have been long time employees of the district.
I think you'll see Cardona with a nice promotion in the next year.
Sam Ferry

United States

#1715 Apr 20, 2013
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you'll see Cardona with a nice promotion in the next year.
Whether you have inside information to an upcoming promotion or not does not deal with the fact that you were having a hard time thinking of well qualified employees. Either they have hurt themselves by overlooking their own or they have not.
jw

Fenton, MO

#1716 Apr 20, 2013
Your wrote:
<quoted text>Right. A lot of custodians passed up the job because it was the dreaded grass cutting at Custodial pay grade. They would have been thrilled to earn more money on Maint pay grade, and stated as such. So now, it has possibly been upgraded and given to a relative? That is wrong; but realize it is just hearsay at this point.
I would have and I did put in for.
jw

Fenton, MO

#1717 Apr 20, 2013
Tim wrote:
Sam, the focus should also be on how the position turned into two, and where the extra money came from to fund that position.
Extra money came from not hiring any janitor when one gets fired or quits
Sam Ferry

United States

#1718 Apr 20, 2013
jw wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have and I did put in for.
Are you saying the grass cutting position you put in for and did not get was at maintenance pay?
jw

Fenton, MO

#1719 Apr 20, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying the grass cutting position you put in for and did not get was at maintenance pay?
No custodian pay. So I wouldn't have to put up with John doing his grades every month
Mary J

Missoula, MT

#1720 Apr 21, 2013
Ssdd wrote:
Dr. Cardona has her Superintendent certification. She is a smart, and has years of experience. Maybe we can get rid of Critchlow and her sups and promote her.
Are you saying Ms Cordona has MORE experience than an assistant superintendant with many years of experience? I hope not because it simply in not true. And if you are saying she should be promoted just because of her name, isn't that the same thing your fought agaist with the Nash (name) being hired because of her name?

You can't have it both ways. Either the Administration hires the very best qualified or they don't.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#1721 Apr 21, 2013
I'm missing something. Who else is she related to? I know how good she is at her job because I've seen it throughout her career. She has been an asst. principal at Ridgewood, Fox, and Seckman high schools. She is an over qualified middle school principal. And in my eyes she's honest, trustworthy, and has the kids best interests at heart. Integrity. Truthful. Yeah she's definitely a better pick than those in CO.
agreed

United States

#1722 Apr 22, 2013
To be truthful I have posted on this page several times under another name. I agree with the nepotism talk. I don't approve of nepotism because I think the person who will do the best job for our kids should get the job. But the last few weeks posts have fallin into something that I disagree with. Talk of the job should go to whomever because of years of service is the same as nepotism. The job should go to the person who will do the best job. I didnt like the food service person hire because she wasnt the best choice based on qualifications. Thats it, I also dont think the assistant director should automatically get it either. From what I understand most the cooks didnt care for her either. The grass cutting job shouldn't go to somebody who worked 20 years in the district if that person has been an average employee. That should be used to break a tie if one exists. Now complaints about the new assistant super are on here. Well he had the most experience so and qualifications so I dont feel it needs to always be from within. For example, to be honest I like Dr. Cardona and have a child at her school, I see her name argued. Well if you think she should of got that job that is up to you, but I think that brings down our other arguement because its not facted based other then years of experience and if you like that Don Grimshaw had her beat and the guy they hired was only one with super experience, and more years then Dr. Cardona. It hurts our arguement because the position was for head of instruction and our school that she heads is last in almost every instructional category. I think she would do fine but lets not argue for basing on merit then argue about nepotism. Support the original post by saying the best person should get the job and say why. I admit I have little knowledge of the custodial grass cutter spot but I dont think anyone should automatically get the job because they already work here.
Sam Ferry

United States

#1723 Apr 22, 2013
agreed wrote:
To be truthful I have posted on this page several times under another name. I agree with the nepotism talk. I don't approve of nepotism because I think the person who will do the best job for our kids should get the job. But the last few weeks posts have fallin into something that I disagree with. Talk of the job should go to whomever because of years of service is the same as nepotism. The job should go to the person who will do the best job. I didnt like the food service person hire because she wasnt the best choice based on qualifications. Thats it, I also dont think the assistant director should automatically get it either. From what I understand most the cooks didnt care for her either. The grass cutting job shouldn't go to somebody who worked 20 years in the district if that person has been an average employee. That should be used to break a tie if one exists. Now complaints about the new assistant super are on here. Well he had the most experience so and qualifications so I dont feel it needs to always be from within. For example, to be honest I like Dr. Cardona and have a child at her school, I see her name argued. Well if you think she should of got that job that is up to you, but I think that brings down our other arguement because its not facted based other then years of experience and if you like that Don Grimshaw had her beat and the guy they hired was only one with super experience, and more years then Dr. Cardona. It hurts our arguement because the position was for head of instruction and our school that she heads is last in almost every instructional category. I think she would do fine but lets not argue for basing on merit then argue about nepotism. Support the original post by saying the best person should get the job and say why. I admit I have little knowledge of the custodial grass cutter spot but I dont think anyone should automatically get the job because they already work here.
The problem is there is a real history here of hiring for favor, whether it is a blood relative, a family member, or a close friend. Those hires have come at the expense of workers that were qualified and deserving based on their education and work history. So now every hire will automatically be viewed through the lens of 'existing employees that got screwed'. How can we argue with that? The rules and guidelines have been so twisted and bent to make sure "their guy" got a particular position that what is "best" no longer applies in logical concepts. According to those that hired Kelly Nash, including a 5-6 person panel, she was absolutely the best hire. But out of the same mouth we are willing to say that the asst. was not automatically the best hire? How can this be?

This is the result of a selfish and greedy administration coupled with a lazy and disconnected BOE. The only way to fix this over the long haul is to put people on the Board who will actually hold the administration's feet to the fire! I personally believe we need a new super and some different asst. supers., but without a strong BOE that is willing to correct the nepotism it is a lost cause!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
War Against Memorial On Heads Creek 7 hr Lady 84
Jefferson College, Broke and Expanding Wed High Ridge Resident 12
Neighbors Fighting At Bottom of Hill on Carter (Oct '16) Wed Concerned Parent 84
Roads on Ruth & Regina Terrible For School Buses Sep 14 Caroline 9
What happened to Kimmswick? (Jan '06) Sep 13 Kimmswick watcher 800
TROOP Identity to be Revealed (Mar '14) Sep 7 Lucky Charms 58
J.m marschuetz (Aug '16) Aug '16 Anonymous 1

Eureka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eureka Mortgages