Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1464 Mar 28, 2013
Live It wrote:
<quoted text>
How does she know this if she doesn't read Topix!
Well of course I asked her the same question. She said someone had copied the Topix postings and showed them to her, "several" people as a matter of fact.
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1465 Mar 28, 2013
Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, Sam. Just teasing you a bit when I had the opportunity to.
(Screen Name)
Thank you. When I said "That's fair" I meant it!
jw

Fenton, MO

#1466 Mar 28, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. When I said "That's fair" I meant it!
So why did you get fired.
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1467 Mar 28, 2013
jw wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did you get fired.
I have repeatedly answered that question here. Look at page 24 it will give you the most detail. Jan. 16th I believe.
Time Out

Verona, MO

#1468 Mar 30, 2013
Have any recent jobs, been filled with central office relatives?
hatred

Saint Louis, MO

#1469 Apr 1, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
Had a one on one with Dr. Crithlow yesterday. It was mostly 'he said, she said' stuff, which included Topix, lawyers, cease letters and of course 'the hire'. It was very pleasant and cordial by both of us as we have a bit of a background. But by no means do we agree on things. I have to further evaluate the conversation about 'the letters' and will talk about that later.
I asked Dr. Critchlow if she "still stood by the decision concerning Kelly Nash". She told me that there was a (5 or 6) panel of people (including food service personnel), which she was not part of, that all agreed Kelly Nash was the best pick. "When it came across my desk I wondered if Linda Nash even knew her daughter in law had applied", she explained. So Dr.Crithlow called Linda Nash to tell her that Kelly was the top pick and from that moment on Linda Nash was never involved.
To which I said, "that is the least plausible explanation I have ever heard". I followed that with a simple question. "Why did Kelly Nash apply for the job"? Dr. Critchlow playfully laughed and said "Sam she is a member of the community, she has kids in the district". I said you misunderstood my question, it is one of human nature.[by this time Dr. Critchlow had already explained that she thought the wording of the posting could have been better, left open a bit more] Human nature dictates that if we know we are not even remotely qualified for a job we do not apply for it. "Why did Kelly Nash apply for a job she had no qualifications for, it does not make any sense unless she had an inside track". Before anyone could "change" the posting, before the interview process,why oh why would she apply? Dr. Critchlow's answer to that question was "well we will just have to agree to disagree on this Sam".
I told her I would never stop posting and she understood that. You make up your own mind if that "inside track" was nepotism or not. I say it was and is!
I also say that EVERY board member I spoke with stands shoulder to shoulder with Dr. Chritchlow on this hire, and that is why this board must be replaced! One by one they must go!
So, you are telling me that Linda Nash did not have knowledge that Kelley Nash was interviewing for the food service Director position.How did Kelly find out about the position??? Also she was not even QAULIFIED to apply for the position. Sounds like true definition of NEPOTISM. Vote for MARK JONES & STEVE HOLLOWAY for FOX B.O.E
Drrd

Chesterfield, MO

#1470 Apr 1, 2013
hatred wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are telling me that Linda Nash did not have knowledge that Kelley Nash was interviewing for the food service Director position.How did Kelly find out about the position??? Also she was not even QAULIFIED to apply for the position. Sounds like true definition of NEPOTISM. Vote for MARK JONES & STEVE HOLLOWAY for FOX B.O.E
how did the résumé of an unqualified applicant make it to the committee to even interview? A committee would assume the applicant was qualified if a screening process was in place and the application was forwarded for consideration. I agree with this being nepotism. There can be no other explanation! Why would an asst mgr from McD's even presume to think she was qualified without being given encouragement from inside sources! How did she even know the position was open?
hippity hoppity

United States

#1471 Apr 1, 2013
Drrd wrote:
<quoted text>how did the résumé of an unqualified applicant make it to the committee to even interview? A committee would assume the applicant was qualified if a screening process was in place and the application was forwarded for consideration. I agree with this being nepotism. There can be no other explanation! Why would an asst mgr from McD's even presume to think she was qualified without being given encouragement from inside sources! How did she even know the position was open?
She has a sibling that works in the district.
Addit

Republic, MO

#1472 Apr 1, 2013
hippity hoppity wrote:
<quoted text>
She has a sibling that works in the district.
And a mother-in-law:)
Kevn

Arnold, MO

#1473 Apr 1, 2013
Every employee ought to tell how many relatives that work there
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1474 Apr 1, 2013
Drrd wrote:
<quoted text>how did the résumé of an unqualified applicant make it to the committee to even interview? A committee would assume the applicant was qualified if a screening process was in place and the application was forwarded for consideration. I agree with this being nepotism. There can be no other explanation! Why would an asst mgr from McD's even presume to think she was qualified without being given encouragement from inside sources! How did she even know the position was open?
I agree! I don't know who's idea it is to run these applicants by a committee but is it really possible that the entire panel of 5 or 6 could all choose the only unqualified applicant as "the best". If the BOE would of done their job the district would not be in this mess. And I do not care which Board member whines and complains about how unfair they are treated here on Topix......they are all part of this nepotistic filth and all should be replaced. Make tommorrow count against them!
Would agree

Arnold, MO

#1475 Apr 1, 2013
Please vote out Ruth Ann Newman and Pete Nichols from Fox school board.
Time Out

Saint Louis, MO

#1476 Apr 1, 2013
Would agree wrote:
Please vote out Ruth Ann Newman and Pete Nichols from Fox school board.
Nicholas... Just making sure everybody knows who not to vote for.
angela

Camdenton, MO

#1477 Apr 2, 2013
2 new board members Kroupa and Holloway
LETS CLEAN HOUSE

Arnold, MO

#1478 Apr 2, 2013
Congrats Kroupa and Holloway!!! 2 down 4 to go!! The People have spoken! I would love to see the SMIRK now!!:)
Mark Jones

Fayetteville, GA

#1479 Apr 2, 2013
Congratulations to Steve Holloway and Dan Kroupa on their election to the Fox C-6 School Board.

I learned a lot of lessons in this, my first campaign, and made a number of new friends. I plan to become more vocal at the school board meetings over the next year. We all need to participate in the process more.

In April 2014 there will be three positions up for a vote. Time will tell if the name Mark Jones will appear on that ballot too. I wouldn't be surprised. We'll see what this next year brings us with these two new board members.

I want to thank everyone who volunteered, helped to spread the word and who contributed their hard-earned money. While the results aren't what you and I hoped for, I am thrilled that the two incumbents were replaced. In that sense, our mission was accomplished.

Now, Steve and Dan, keep your word and help bring about positive change for our school district.

God bless you all.
Time Out

United States

#1480 Apr 2, 2013
Mark Jones wrote:
Congratulations to Steve Holloway and Dan Kroupa on their election to the Fox C-6 School Board.
I learned a lot of lessons in this, my first campaign, and made a number of new friends. I plan to become more vocal at the school board meetings over the next year. We all need to participate in the process more.
In April 2014 there will be three positions up for a vote. Time will tell if the name Mark Jones will appear on that ballot too. I wouldn't be surprised. We'll see what this next year brings us with these two new board members.
I want to thank everyone who volunteered, helped to spread the word and who contributed their hard-earned money. While the results aren't what you and I hoped for, I am thrilled that the two incumbents were replaced. In that sense, our mission was accomplished.
Now, Steve and Dan, keep your word and help bring about positive change for our school district.
God bless you all.
Well said!
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#1481 Apr 2, 2013
Linda Nash ended the political careers of two of her colleagues tonight. Well, that's not exactly true. She actually did it months ago. They just didn't realize it until tonight.

I find it ironic - but altogether fitting - that by agreeing with Linda, Todd and Dianne that Kelly Nash was "by far" the best candidate Ruth Ann Newman and Pete Nichols became "by far" the worst.

I would say it's time to celebrate but knowing how much harm those people have done to the lives and careers of Fox employees that trusted them to do the right thing makes me sick to my stomach. In the coming days let's adopt the kinder, gentler policy of the school board and make our vote unanimous that all cowards that hide behind closed doors and all bullies that guard them also be dismissed.
Concerned parent

Saint Louis, MO

#1482 Apr 2, 2013
Amen! The public has spoken !!!!!
Concerned parent

Saint Louis, MO

#1483 Apr 2, 2013
Anyone know the count? I've seen the mayor and other results but can't find the results for BOE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Helicopter at heads creek church?? (Jun '13) 6 hr Hypocrites 13
Is fenton a racist city 9 hr No Problem 2
bryan weber (Feb '13) Tue captain schmuck 66
Jefferson County Allows Child Abuse! (Nov '12) Jul 24 Back Again 8
Who Are You Voting For Trump or Clinton Jul 24 Health Issues 24
Illegal Digging in Missouri (Sep '12) Jul 23 Perverted Games 168
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Jul 23 She Sucks 208

Eureka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eureka Mortgages