Freedom

Saint Louis, MO

#1343 Mar 21, 2013
I am a concern taxpayer and while driving home the other night I noticed the sign on the back of a truck, stating STOP NEPOTISM, VOTE OUT FOX B.O.E. and vote for MARK JONES! I wasn't sure what was going on so I read up on it. The FOX B.O.E and Crutchlow need to GO!!! I graduated from the Fox district and can't believe what is going on. I have no doubt that the men and women expressing their feeling on Topix have been bullied, demoralized, and made to look like they are the BAD GUYS!!! They have a right to state what they believe. After what I have read I believe it is TRUE. In Government Class at Fox we learned about the LAW and FREEDOM of SPEECH. They should be allow to express their opinion. I do believe that if these people were not WRONGED, they would not be speaking out!! So I believe this is true. All taxpayers should be aware of the daughter-in-law of the President of Fox B.O.E. She should not have been hired for a job she was so unqualified for. Also why would we hire Ex-Desoto Superintendent to be ANOTHER Assistant Superintendent when Desoto B.O.E. paid him to leave!!! I remember going through school and noticing how we NEEDED updates in our schools and WE the taxpayers are paying for 2 new STATE of THE ART Football fields instead of education and up grades of our schools. There are many other issues at FOX District as well. I probably wasn't going to vote until I discovered these FACTS. NOW I will make sure EVERYONE I know in the school district will be aware of this and I guarantee I will be at the poll to vote and my Family and Friends will be there as well. FOX B.O.E. must go and then get rid of Crutchlow. To the man with the sign on his truck, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!! The Fox District Taxpayers need to open their eyes about these issues. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
anonymous

United States

#1344 Mar 21, 2013
Do you all think nepotism is the only serious issue? What about violations of actual laws? Just asking! As for sign stealing? It happens every elecrtion cycle and some say they've seen nash and hermann types doing it themselves! Just saying!
anonymous

United States

#1345 Mar 21, 2013
Also: a few of those asst suptdts, other admins, etc (and boe) will keep blindly following because they're getting paid six figures each with auto raises every year! Or other benefits for themselves.... Who is putting students first?!
anomoly

Arnold, MO

#1346 Mar 21, 2013
Robert B wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Teachers do have a voice as well as others in the district. I work in the district and have gone to a board member several times and that board member has been my voice.
2. Do your homework, over 95% of people hired are related to NOONE.
3. Board members do not "hire" they approve of the administrator's candidate for hire. If they are told by 5/6 administrators this is the best candidate unanimously selected by us then the board members will almost always choose him/her for the position.
4. Being "investigated" doesn't mean guilt. Wait for RESULTS before you reach any conclusions.
I still say Pete and RuthAnn get re-elected in April. Any bets? Who is going to run against them. Spend thousands of dollars to campaign and then lose. Even if you win there is no pay for the job. I think board members are nuts for even wanting these headaches.
this will happen!!!
soooo what can be done

Arnold, MO

#1347 Mar 21, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course was another unanimous vote by the BOE. Do these guys question anything? April 2nd can not come quickly enough.
This must be a good friend of Crutchley. He also came from DeSoto
anomoly

Arnold, MO

#1348 Mar 21, 2013
The Big Picture wrote:
The meeting tonight brought in about twenty five upset tax payers. We can do better, if you'll want change continue to voice your concerns to the State, not just on topix.
Absolute and complete BS. top to bottom. theres 5 people stirring the pot. the other 3500 parents are happy.
soooo what can be done

Arnold, MO

#1349 Mar 21, 2013
Voice_of_a_Teacher wrote:
While I'm sure it doesn't make her feel any better our assistant food service director now has company. She was passed over for the top spot so the unqualified but "enthusiastic" daughter-in-law of Linda Nash could be hired. Now at least three inside candidates for assistant superintendent can sympathize after they were passed over so a guy from Desoto who was paid $200K to go away could be hired.
Dianne's response to the new criticism? He was "BY FAR" the best candidate for the job. I bet that statement made parents all over the district feel warm and fuzzy about leaving their children in the hands of Fox administrators so unqualified that they weren't even any competition for a fired guy from another district!
I don't know any of them well but I wonder how the passed over candidates feel? Screwed because Dianne - again - arranged for the hiring of an outsider instead of Fox employees who'd worked years to put themselves in a position to compete for the position? Angry because now they know they should have raised their voices when the BOE's d-i-l was hired and maybe the same thing wouldn't have happened to them? Sickened that Dianne takes credit for the work they do to make Fox a school of distinction and now expects them to be good soldiers and defend her even though she's effectively killed their careers at Fox?
What are the odds that one or more of them will quit worrying about defending Dianne and instead start spending that energy job hunting?
Dianne, you've got to know that you're killing our morale. We are proud of the school we've built but we are not so blindly loyal that we won't look after our families first.
All falls on deaf ears!

There have been many postings for positions in the last few days, have not seen one for the Asst. Food Service Director. Wonder what they will do there? Is it not law that applications be kept on file for 1 year? Will they dare go outside of the district again?
Yet "we pride ourselves in hiring our own" quote-unquote
I believe God calls pride a sin. Which is what the district is becoming, "SINFUL"
Tim

Springfield, MO

#1350 Mar 21, 2013
anomoly wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute and complete BS. top to bottom. theres 5 people stirring the pot. the other 3500 parents are happy.
Anomoly.... Your figures are BS, why don't you take a poll at the local stores. You might get a clue.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1351 Mar 21, 2013
soooo what can be done wrote:
<quoted text>
This must be a good friend of Crutchley. He also came from DeSoto
I don't know, but I did notice that Mr. Crutchley was exceedingly happy to see him and I even commented to someone how strange it appeared, almost out of place. If they are friends then it tells me alot!
to oh my lod

Arnold, MO

#1352 Mar 21, 2013
I pray that the the carryig on and negative mentality of the folks posting on here will find another "happy place" after the election. I also pray for your souls who spit evil and venom. The congregation of these people is OVER! its always usual that good prevails over evil... in this case, as always, good and GOD wins. yee shall not prevail! paster i sshall always love my lord.
Observer

Columbia, MO

#1353 Mar 22, 2013
This is wack
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1354 Mar 22, 2013
I have just got to give the proper dues to Mark Jones after reading his viewpoints in the leader on what he wants to accomplish if he is elected! He obviously is a bold individual because nobody even came close to the first six reasons he listed under why voters should elect him. This election is not only about Nepotism but about getting someone in there that actually wants to tackle the tough issues that exist in the district. Someone who may have to stand alone for a while against a stubborn and unified front. The fact that he is willing to put into print those things that others seem to ignore speaks volumes to his courage. Seems like he will be able to withstand, even if he is alone!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1355 Mar 22, 2013
Observer wrote:
This is wack
More wacked ot than Troop?
anonymous

United States

#1356 Mar 22, 2013
Is anyone running focus on the students' needs and well being?
Or is it just "vote for us because we're new and not status quo"?
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#1357 Mar 22, 2013
anomoly wrote:
<quoted text>
Anomaly, don't make the mistake of confusing apathy with happy. There's a huge difference. You also failed to mention a third category of stakeholders, Fox employees who fear retribution if they speak out. Certainly silence does not equate with their level of satisfaction.
whatever

Ashburn, VA

#1358 Mar 22, 2013
Observer wrote:
This is wack
Isn't it bizarre?
Mark Jones

United States

#1359 Mar 22, 2013
Anon, There are those of us running that think the district needs new board members so the nonsense can be eliminated at the top and the focus and dollars be redirected to our students. And by focussing on our students I mean doing more than bragging about being a district of excellence and actually making hiring, budgetary and work environment decisions that are excellent. That's just the starting point. There are a number of other changes to be made from there that will help our students, but I'll speak with my actions if elected and not just talk about it here.
ajoke

Saint Louis, MO

#1360 Mar 23, 2013
anyone read Saturdays Post dispatch
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

#1361 Mar 23, 2013
Mark Jones wrote:
Anon, There are those of us running that think the district needs new board members so the nonsense can be eliminated at the top and the focus and dollars be redirected to our students. And by focussing on our students I mean doing more than bragging about being a district of excellence and actually making hiring, budgetary and work environment decisions that are excellent. That's just the starting point. There are a number of other changes to be made from there that will help our students, but I'll speak with my actions if elected and not just talk about it here.
Agree, and I want to remind everyone that you have an excellent staff of teachers that truly care about your kids. Everything the teachers do centers on the education and well being of the children.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#1362 Mar 23, 2013
“You don’t have the right to make up lies and defame someone’s character,” Critchlow said."

Two thoughts:

Do you think Dianne had Ernie write a letter to Troop? She might have been able to save taxpayers the cost of postage and hand deliver it.

Don't you have to demonstrate you have character before someone else can defame it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 4 hr ArnoldCC 659
Election in Ward 3 (Mar '12) 4 hr ArnoldCC 51
Plea to Arnold Sewer Customers 22 hr Oh Boy 167
Arnold Historical Society and Culvers Thu ArnoldCC 8
Flo supports Wes? Wed Gen-Y Voter 8
Obama Allows Ebola into the USA Wed Guy Williford II 9
Accident Wed Sad 4
Eureka Dating
Find my Match

Eureka Jobs