Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1100 Feb 28, 2013
In 1985 I made a commitment to talk to 365 people who had never heard of the ministry about God. I lived in Jackson Mississippi at the time. That was the buckle of the bible belt so it was challenging to find anyone who had not grown up with the bible. I called it "one a day". It wasn't particularly brilliant or even revolutionary as far as evangelicals go, people had been doing "door to door" for years. But it was effective, and it made me be a doer and not just a hearer! For the next 30 days I will make it a point to talk with at least one person a day outside my normal sphere of influence about the board elections and the candidates Mark Jones and Steve Holloway. I encourage everyone who wants to really see change to do the same. We all have neighbors, are in lines somewhere, go to the post office, movie theater, Dr. office,somewhere that allows us to just ask the question, "are you voting April 2nd for Mark Jones or Steve Holloway". With the small % of voters that turn out for these elections it does not take that many to completely change an election. It is only scary the first couple of times, after that it's easy. But it is not near as scary as leaving the incumbents on the board. We can do this!
embarrassedtaxpa yer

Saint Louis, MO

#1101 Mar 1, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
In 1985 I made a commitment to talk to 365 people who had never heard of the ministry about God. I lived in Jackson Mississippi at the time. That was the buckle of the bible belt so it was challenging to find anyone who had not grown up with the bible. I called it "one a day". It wasn't particularly brilliant or even revolutionary as far as evangelicals go, people had been doing "door to door" for years. But it was effective, and it made me be a doer and not just a hearer! For the next 30 days I will make it a point to talk with at least one person a day outside my normal sphere of influence about the board elections and the candidates Mark Jones and Steve Holloway. I encourage everyone who wants to really see change to do the same. We all have neighbors, are in lines somewhere, go to the post office, movie theater, Dr. office,somewhere that allows us to just ask the question, "are you voting April 2nd for Mark Jones or Steve Holloway". With the small % of voters that turn out for these elections it does not take that many to completely change an election. It is only scary the first couple of times, after that it's easy. But it is not near as scary as leaving the incumbents on the board. We can do this!
Sam, great ideal.Will start immediately, have a great weekend.
embarrassedtaxpa yer

Saint Louis, MO

#1102 Mar 1, 2013
Welcome Arbeitman wrote:
From the Desoto newspaper(?)
De Soto school board hires law firm to navigate Arbeitman suspension
Posted June 8, 2012 at 9:51 pm
Simple Window Modal
Log-inUsername:
Password:
SubscribeUsername:
Password:
Email Address:
Already a subscriber? Log-in here
The De Soto Board of Education has hired the services of a law firm to guide it while it determines the fate of Superintendent Andy Jay Arbeitman.
Arbeitman was suspended from his position and placed on paid administrative leave on May 29.
The board voted unanimously at a June 5 special meeting to hire the Hillsboro-based Wegmann Law Firm to advise it while it decides its next move.
“There was no vote taken on any other issues,” said assistant superintendent Trish Burkeen, who is performing the superintendent’s duties in Arbeitman’s absence.
Burkeen said the Wegmann firm has been working with the district on a case-by-case basis, but board members figured “it would be better to have a contract in place to take care of this issue.”
In addition, the Leader has obtained a letter dated May 7 and sent to board members that outlines several grievances against Arbeitman. The letter was obtained through a request filed under the state’s Sunshine Law (the open meetings and records statute).
The authors of the letter, who did not sign their names but called themselves “Concerned De Soto Citizens,” define themselves as a group of “concerned patrons, parents and employees.”
Among the grievances registered against Arbeitman, the letter writers allege that he disregarded school policy, did not maintain professional confidentiality, took credit for others’ successes and ideas, made questionable ethical decisions and has poor communication skills.
Then He should be totally qualified for an ASST. SUPER job for FOX That is the qualifications the board demands. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!
anonymous

High Ridge, MO

#1103 Mar 1, 2013
At leest he aint rellated to no body en the bored. As fer as we no any way!
anonymous original

United States

#1104 Mar 1, 2013
Word.
HALT

Arnold, MO

#1105 Mar 1, 2013
embarrassedtaxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> Then He should be totally qualified for an ASST. SUPER job for FOX That is the qualifications the board demands. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!
For yee who are both unqualified and uneducated for this position and do not know this person shall not pass judgement - love, GOD
anonymous original

United States

#1106 Mar 1, 2013
Go Cougarz!
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#1107 Mar 1, 2013
HALT wrote:
<quoted text>
For yee who are both unqualified and uneducated for this position and do not know this person shall not pass judgement - love, GOD
God, after reading the Bible I gotta tell you that I sometimes feel You've sent very mixed messages about stuff. But this one I get! You're saying Kelly Nash and Todd Scott are the only two people at Fox qualified to judge the new guy?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1108 Mar 1, 2013
Always knew that this fight would have to move from the "complaint dept." to the delivery trucks. I am hoping to find a more effective way of reaching more of the community and am asking for your help. Please contact me with any thoughts, ideas, opinions, and concerns that you have about this school district. If you have personal stories of any kind about FoxC-6 feel free to send them anonymously. Make sure the return address is the same as the one I' m going to give though. I wanted to post this tonight but will tell you in detail what I'd like to get done and how we could better inform the community as a whole.

Citizens For Change
P.O.Box 309
Arnold, MO 63010
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#1109 Mar 1, 2013
Dear Sam,
There are many people who would like to be on an email list. I have found that it works for me. Contact me, you should be able to find me easily enough.:) I'll share! You can either look me up on facebook or call me.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#1110 Mar 1, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
God, after reading the Bible I gotta tell you that I sometimes feel You've sent very mixed messages about stuff. But this one I get! You're saying Kelly Nash and Todd Scott are the only two people at Fox qualified to judge the new guy?
Wait a minute. I've just re-read my own last post and must apologize. I misinterpreted the Words of God.(It was the "yee" that confused me. I'm not used to seeing it used in the context of Fox C-6 administrators without the "haw" that usually accompanies it.) Halt's verse says that those who are "both unqualified and uneducated for the position and do not know him shall NOT" pass judgment. My bad.

Kelly, I regret to inform you that unless your mother-in-law intervenes you don't qualify to pass judgment for or against our new and much needed 43rd assistant superintendent.

Todd, I'm still on the fence about you. After careful slo-mo review of the Elliot Davis non-interviews I suddenly realized I've never observed you speaking without Dianne's hand up the back of your suit jacket. Nor do you make a sound when she's drinking a glass of water. Seeing that, I've come to the conclusion that you're just a stooge. When Dianne and the Board order you to hire all those people with names so remarkably similar to theirs you do as you're told and swing wide the doors to the public trough.

This is a tough call but given that you've gotten an education and worked hard and gained the experience you needed to deserve the title of Head of H.R. you can ... oh wait a minute - all that doesn't mean squat at Fox. Sorry I said anything. If it's okay with Dianne, judge away.
Barb

United States

#1111 Mar 2, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit whinning Barb. Besides names are not names without first and last, where's yours? If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem! Pick a side here no name!!
I pick a side...NOT YOURS!!! All you do is stir the pot and ask for change. You do not have the right parts to run yourself. Just go out and stir the pot. I am supporting Mark Jones and if you want to get him elected, I suggest you vote for just ONE...Mark Jones. Splitting your vote will get the incumbents re-elected every time. By the way my last name is Johnson (not that it matters). And if anyone has been whinning Sam it is you. Get on with your life.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1112 Mar 2, 2013
Barb wrote:
<quoted text>
I pick a side...NOT YOURS!!! All you do is stir the pot and ask for change. You do not have the right parts to run yourself. Just go out and stir the pot. I am supporting Mark Jones and if you want to get him elected, I suggest you vote for just ONE...Mark Jones. Splitting your vote will get the incumbents re-elected every time. By the way my last name is Johnson (not that it matters). And if anyone has been whinning Sam it is you. Get on with your life.
Well then I am proud for you Barb Johnson.
Michelle Tyler

United States

#1113 Mar 2, 2013
Call my hair purple, my butt big and refer to me as a lesbian. Do you really think I care?? Let's talk about the important issues here. The ones who are standing up to the board and administration aren't scared and we aren't going away. We will continue to talk and we will continue to encourage others in the district to go to board meetings. I am proud to stand and fight with others. We are done with corruption and nepotism and we are saying enough is enough!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1114 Mar 2, 2013
Michelle Tyler wrote:
Call my hair purple, my butt big and refer to me as a lesbian. Do you really think I care?? Let's talk about the important issues here. The ones who are standing up to the board and administration aren't scared and we aren't going away. We will continue to talk and we will continue to encourage others in the district to go to board meetings. I am proud to stand and fight with others. We are done with corruption and nepotism and we are saying enough is enough!
Bravo! I'll stand with you Michelle, any day of the week! I agree 1000%!
Demanding change

United States

#1115 Mar 2, 2013
Barb wrote:
<quoted text>
Barb, you're not splitting votes when two positions are open. Nicholas has lost his labor support, whether he knows it yet or not. As far as Newman, she knows it's time to retire permanently.
Connection

United States

#1116 Mar 2, 2013
Doris Borgelt and Sam Ferry ?
wipple

Saint Louis, MO

#1117 Mar 2, 2013
Connection wrote:
Doris Borgelt and Sam Ferry ?
Best mustaches in Arnold?
remember when

United States

#1118 Mar 2, 2013
wipple wrote:
<quoted text>
Best mustaches in Arnold?
Is that all you got you unequivocally defective shit for brains ?
At least they put their name to it !, At least they stand up for what's right ! Looks like you can't do either one.

I'll stand with them. Oh and you can get your behind I'm spreading the word.
leader

United States

#1119 Mar 2, 2013
I will stand with anyone working for positive changes! I know some who may be currently holding power think they are immune and they have everyone silenced/bullied. Not when everyone stands strong in defense. For the kids, I stand too. Sam,Doris, Ms. Tyler, Mr. Simpson, I will be in touch and so will a few others sent your way. Let's roll.
Don't think that a lot of workers and educators are sitting on their hands either. They may be quiet but they care!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C-6 Outlandish Lunch Debts 2 hr FredFromrnold 7
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Missouri... (Oct '10) 8 hr Lily 8
Telegraph road speed limit 16 hr luvhockey 3
She's PREGNANT 17 hr DoTheMath 4
Boy Scout Troop 450 Sale (May '10) May 2 John mitchell 2
Rand Paul for US President Apr 30 Andy 8
any single hot guys in the eureka area (Nov '12) Nov '14 Newtoarea 4
More from around the web

Eureka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]