Tim

United States

#938 Feb 19, 2013
Just a reminder to everyone, the meeting is tonight. Hope to see lots of people in attendance!
Demanding change

United States

#939 Feb 19, 2013
Tim wrote:
Just a reminder to everyone, the meeting is tonight. Hope to see lots of people in attendance!
In route to the meeting now.
Fed up

Camdenton, MO

#940 Feb 19, 2013
The only way that things will go on a path to definite change is if a petition by the community gets started requesting an audit of the district by the state!!!! Then all of their number dances and corrupt practices will come flying out into the open.
soooo what can be done

Arnold, MO

#941 Feb 19, 2013
Remember one thing, this new hire does not need to prove herself for anything. Why? All of the Nutrition Service employee's take pride in their jobs, know their jobs, and are well educated in their jobs. She (the new hire) only needs to manage the already well run and well respected Nutrition Services. There is no reason for her to have to direct anything pertaining to the program as her title says, she is afterall Director of Food and Nutrition Services, all she has to do is delegate everything she does not know to those who do know. The Food and Nutrition staff will carry her along, and even when she DOES fail, administration and mommy in law will never let that out of the bag.
anonymous

United States

#942 Feb 19, 2013
Evrybody people at the meetings! Talk to reporters!! Or the same craps keeps happenin!!
soooo what can be done

Arnold, MO

#943 Feb 19, 2013
not too dum wrote:
<quoted text>
Well she is not in the elementary schools...
That is because she is sitting at SHS for hours
Well

Arnold, MO

#944 Feb 19, 2013
Shes probably busy fixing the garbage and mess made by the prior person in that position. Don't be mad just because you weren't qualified. If you really want to make a change enroll at any institute of higher learning and begin your degree plan. Most people take anywhere from 8-10 years for them to get their bachelors, masters and doctorate. I'll listen to your nonsense when you have a truly educated voice. As a yng parent, I tend to listen to more educated people about my children's welfare, including their pediatrician, principal and district administration.
FeD uP

Arnold, MO

#945 Feb 19, 2013
Well wrote:
Shes probably busy fixing the garbage and mess made by the prior person in that position. Don't be mad just because you weren't qualified. If you really want to make a change enroll at any institute of higher learning and begin your degree plan. Most people take anywhere from 8-10 years for them to get their bachelors, masters and doctorate. I'll listen to your nonsense when you have a truly educated voice. As a yng parent, I tend to listen to more educated people about my children's welfare, including their pediatrician, principal and district administration.
Then your a messed up as they are. There have been several people throughout history who were geniuses and none of them had any formal education. Sorry if you feel I have insulted you intelligence, apparently your not as smart as you think you are.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#946 Feb 19, 2013
When Dan Smith asked the potentially new board members why they were running he could not have imagined Dan Kroupa's answer. "No offense but I am running because of this last hire that you guys did, it is a shame to see what is happening in Arnold, here and with the city council." The Board was dumbfounded, they had no rebutal of any kind. Quite honestly it was refreshing and rare to see that kind of nerve by anyone! The fact is no one, in any reasonable measure, can defend the hiring of a non qualified family member over qualified employees. If they could of they should of!
After the instructional part of that meeting was over I did some one on one with Dan Kroupa and Steve Holloway. I found them both to be very likeable and credible candidates. They both have relatives presently working in the district and both stated emphatically that if there ever arose even the appearance of a conflict of interest tha they would resign. In other words if it came up where their relative was qualified and eligible to take an administrative position then they as an active Board member would step down. I have absolutely no reason to doubt their sincerity!
I wonder how much money this administration has spent on legal fees in the last couple of months just to try and shut people up. I know of at least four letters that have been sent out. You would think that a district that just spent $65,000 on a high school diploma would be more careful about reckless spending of money. I mean a decent lawyer runs from $200-$450 an hour. It makes you wonder what their overall yearly legal fees must run.
Okay I admit I am not nearly as bright as I would like to be, and I try, but for the life of me I can not figure out how you can take the most difficult kids, with the lowest academic standards and put them in an accelerated program that has them "catch up " with the rest of the student body and do it with 100% proficiency or above.How is that possible, am I missing something? I mean are all the teachers at Bridges miracle workers or what? Truly, if that is possible then why not "accelerate" the entire student body, why do the best and brightest go at an average speed? Seems better to "slack off" because the result will be the same.
Timothy

United States

#947 Feb 20, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
When Dan Smith asked the potentially new board members why they were running he could not have imagined Dan Kroupa's answer. "No offense but I am running because of this last hire that you guys did, it is a shame to see what is happening in Arnold, here and with the city council." The Board was dumbfounded, they had no rebutal of any kind. Quite honestly it was refreshing and rare to see that kind of nerve by anyone! The fact is no one, in any reasonable measure, can defend the hiring of a non qualified family member over qualified employees. If they could of they should of!
After the instructional part of that meeting was over I did some one on one with Dan Kroupa and Steve Holloway. I found them both to be very likeable and credible candidates. They both have relatives presently working in the district and both stated emphatically that if there ever arose even the appearance of a conflict of interest tha they would resign. In other words if it came up where their relative was qualified and eligible to take an administrative position then they as an active Board member would step down. I have absolutely no reason to doubt their sincerity!
I wonder how much money this administration has spent on legal fees in the last couple of months just to try and shut people up. I know of at least four letters that have been sent out. You would think that a district that just spent $65,000 on a high school diploma would be more careful about reckless spending of money. I mean a decent lawyer runs from $200-$450 an hour. It makes you wonder what their overall yearly legal fees must run.
Okay I admit I am not nearly as bright as I would like to be, and I try, but for the life of me I can not figure out how you can take the most difficult kids, with the lowest academic standards and put them in an accelerated program that has them "catch up " with the rest of the student body and do it with 100% proficiency or above.How is that possible, am I missing something? I mean are all the teachers at Bridges miracle workers or what? Truly, if that is possible then why not "accelerate" the entire student body, why do the best and brightest go at an average speed? Seems better to "slack off" because the result will be the same.
The Board should have been "dumbfounded" at Kroupa's answer. If that is the reason for running for the BOE, then He should not be running. If you're not running to help the children get a better education and help the teachers do their jobs more effectively, while watching out for the taxpayers hard earned tax dollars (which was more in line with Mr. Holloway's answer) then you are running on an "agenda" which has no place in our school district.

The reason students do so well in Bridges is because they do get the one-on-one attention and focus needed to help them succeed. Not all do but the program is very beneficial for those who fall in the cracks and need this kind of program.

PS. Both Kroupa and Holloway are backed by the NEA union.
Parent AND Taxpayer

Fenton, MO

#948 Feb 20, 2013
We all must be on the same page! If we start splitting votes and letting the NEA vote their guys in, and we vote who we think should be in nothing will change! We will still have Ruth Ann Newman announcing that Rusty Wallace was inducted to the NASCAR Hall of Fame and telling us about the Chinese Calendar!
Igit Spotter

United States

#949 Feb 20, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
Sam, this is a problem with Federal law. These "alternative schools" are in every school district and run similarly at Rockwood, Zumwalt, parkway, etc. Fox has no choice but to run Bridges and MoOps.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#950 Feb 20, 2013
Timothy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Board should have been "dumbfounded" at Kroupa's answer. If that is the reason for running for the BOE, then He should not be running. If you're not running to help the children get a better education and help the teachers do their jobs more effectively, while watching out for the taxpayers hard earned tax dollars (which was more in line with Mr. Holloway's answer) then you are running on an "agenda" which has no place in our school district.
The reason students do so well in Bridges is because they do get the one-on-one attention and focus needed to help them succeed. Not all do but the program is very beneficial for those who fall in the cracks and need this kind of program.
PS. Both Kroupa and Holloway are backed by the NEA union.
Let me get this straight you are a board member? You are Dr. Critchlow? Because everyone else in that meeting(2 people) I knew and you are not them! You have no idea what was said in that meeting! What is it about the word "agenda" that people find fault with? Everybody, even you, has an agenda. I did not tell everything that Dan and Steve said simply because it takes too long. They both had concern for the district as a whole, children and adults, and were both opposed to certain forms of nepotism. I FOUND THEM BOTH TO BE CREDIBLE! My particular heritage finds honor in courage, something Mr. Kroupa did not shrink from! He said, to their faces, what very few in life ever do! He said exactly what he thought and it angered them, but you know that. I respect that personally. This is a district that is filled to overflowing with fear, people are afraid to say what they think. Topix is the ultimate example of people afraid to expose who they really are. So for me it is noteworthy when someone actually does it!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#951 Feb 20, 2013
Igit Spotter wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam, this is a problem with Federal law. These "alternative schools" are in every school district and run similarly at Rockwood, Zumwalt, parkway, etc. Fox has no choice but to run Bridges and MoOps.
Thank you for the heads up on that. That actually helped but I must say I do not like it. All that expense for those that do not do what is required in the first place. It seems like the students who do the most would get the best care. I would love to see a comparative on the ACT scores between Bridges grads and regular grads.
Haha

Imperial, MO

#952 Feb 20, 2013
I attended the board mtg last night..... I saw a few teachers rah, rah, rah the school board. I am neutral on the situation but would love to do an questionnaire asking the teachers what their opinions are without putting their names on them.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#953 Feb 20, 2013
Parent AND Taxpayer wrote:
We all must be on the same page! If we start splitting votes and letting the NEA vote their guys in, and we vote who we think should be in nothing will change! We will still have Ruth Ann Newman announcing that Rusty Wallace was inducted to the NASCAR Hall of Fame and telling us about the Chinese Calendar!
I agree and empatically state that I am voting for Mark Jones and for Steve Holloway. My personal goal is to now get the support of my neighbors for them!
anonymous chief

United States

#954 Feb 20, 2013
Doubting anything will change people have tried before. but not enough suppor in community people to change the bad stuff bunch of talk and no walk!!! sooperflooz gets away with it becauae the community allows it and won't get together organized too scared for jobs bullying wahwah how bad you want changes or not!? Its the kidz at stake and that should be number one what matters not how many dirty looks bypass on petty praise or raises for jobs!!! Amazin all the junk that's been happenin for years but THIS food service job was the straw breaking the buffalo back?!! If nothun gets done and no audit then evrybdoy deserve what gets. Don't say sooperflooz is embarrasssments if not willing to put up any fight for what's right. Siss boom bah was a ridiculous side show and totally fakery by districts employees kissin butt for favor or to be safe from boohoo bullyings! If enouh peoples stand together no bullyin will matter but that takes heart and braverys not sure how many in communitys got it to be trushful!!! Jus sayin
Igit Spotter

United States

#955 Feb 20, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for the heads up on that. That actually helped but I must say I do not like it. All that expense for those that do not do what is required in the first place. It seems like the students who do the most would get the best care. I would love to see a comparative on the ACT scores between Bridges grads and regular grads.
Not all kids are going to college, Sam. Most of those kids won't take the ACT. Public education is for all kids, not just those that are headed to four year universities.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#956 Feb 20, 2013
Igit Spotter wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all kids are going to college, Sam. Most of those kids won't take the ACT. Public education is for all kids, not just those that are headed to four year universities.
I am not trying to put anyone down, I get that, maybe I was one of those kids! BUT, it is reasonable to wonder if the time and money that is being spent on that actually produces the results they claim. Or is it possible, God forbid I should ask, that there are kids that are moved along simply to make the program look good? I simply ask that there must be some testing measure that could answer these questions. Or are you saying I should just take the administrations "word" for it! I spent six years of my life as a direct child care worker, trying to help teenagers who made the Bridges kids look like saints, on top of that I taught in the hardest hard core prisons and homes for troubled youth in Indiana and Maine. I am somewhat familiar with how government agencies work with some of these things. Here you have an administration that has been less than truthful across the board! On top of that they are BULLIES! So you see I do not trust what the "company" line is. That is understandable right?
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#957 Feb 20, 2013
Well wrote:
Shes probably busy fixing the garbage and mess made by the prior person in that position... I'll listen to your nonsense when you have a truly educated voice. As a yng parent, I tend to listen to more educated people about my children's welfare, including their pediatrician, principal and district administration.
Well, you say you tend to listen to more educated people about your children's welfare. Fair enough. You classify as "nonsense" the opinions of someone without a formal education. That's fairly snobbish, but for purposes of this discussion I'll give it to you.

If education is your litmus test for being competent to make decisions that directly affect your child, how is it that you can feel comfortable with a food service director who even according to Fox's HR department has only has these minimal qualifications: 1) a high school diploma, 2) 16 years working for McDonald's, 3) enthusiasm, and 4) is the daughter in law of the school board president? The former director had her bachelor's. The assistant director who was passed over for Kelly already has her bachelor's and the credentialing that Kelly won't have for two more years. There were registered dietitians who applied with 5 or 6 years of formal education who weren't even interviewed.

The next time your child picks up his or her tray in the cafeteria know that it is a high school educated, McDonald's trained, daughter-in-law of the school board president without a shred of experience in school food service nutrition that is directly responsible for what's on that tray. Perhaps instead of applying a litmus test based on the Board's collective education you should apply the smell test to the director's.

I have a bachelor's, a master's, and a doctorate. My kids take sack lunches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Wed astounded 908
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... Wed ZiessCamera 26
Fox High School Superintendent (Sep '10) Dec 23 WDCJ 1,473
Seckman Elementary parents...our problems are s... Dec 22 LittleLostLamb 10
Bad Neighbors (Mar '07) Dec 21 cup of sugar 8
fox athletics Dec 20 Warrior12 10
Why does a town the size of Byrnesmill need a m... Dec 18 cedar hill 13
Eureka Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web