Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Hmmm

Imperial, MO

#918 Feb 17, 2013
Just because NEA has backed a couple of candidates, it doesn't mean that they're the best ones for the job.

I'd rather have a couple of candidates that do not have any affiliation with the school district--no children attending, no family members working there running. Another preference of mine would be that the candidates running not have any political affiliation with the City of Arnold whatsoever. That city is a mess!

All we need is one or two new school board members that will be somebody's puppet. And I GUARANTEE that one of the two that were backed by NEA will be somebody's puppet, and if elected will be using the power for some kind of edge, particularly at Seckman High School.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#919 Feb 17, 2013
Honestly, no offense intended in any way but I am neither a student or a teacher. I can not say with any certainty that the NEA has the taxpayers best interest in mind. For me it is important that the candidate has children in the district but preferably no family members working for the district, unless they publicly state they are opposed to nepotism and willing to institute new and tougher nepotism restrictions. I do not know about the questionnaire but I know I have asked that very nepotism question face to face and those that have said they would be willing(when there are enough new members) to vote in favor of no nepotism will get my vote. I do not know Mr. Kroupa's position on that,has any one actually talked with him?
Be informed

Belton, MO

#920 Feb 17, 2013
Holloway will be at the next board meeting. He will answer any questions patrons of the district may have.
Wow

Saint Louis, MO

#921 Feb 17, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Which one will put STUDENTS firsts! NEA has backed losres before and are not ther smartest org in the world. Screw them. Pick a total outider that cares more about the kids than how much they gonna be fed and get power! Clean out the board and admin! Putting one or two new member in is not enough. Espeshally if u expectin another insider candidate to make a difference! Don't be fools again! That's how we got this mess to begins with. Geez! And superfloozy need to quit postin on here like we don't know! Lol!
Wow! "Screw Them"? Screw the teachers that take care of your children? Disregard the opinion of the men and women in the trenches every day dealing with all of the fallout of the nepotism and favoritism and still smiling and planning and teaching your child? This is why soon there will be NO ONE LEFT TO TEACH YOUR OFFSPRING. Teachers in America are so disrespected. I'm surprised anyone wants to do this job any longer. Most leave within the first 5 years because of bullshit like this.
Blah

San Jose, CA

#922 Feb 17, 2013
Well, I can say as a former teacher, that the bullshit is in every school district. The lack of respect for teachers and education in general is in every school district. And yes, a lot of teacher leave within the first 5 years, and the lucky ones don't get blackballed and can actually find another teaching job.

And who is responsible for most of the bullshit? Not the teachers. It's the administrators. I'm not defending Diane and her administrative posse in any way here, but the bullshit does happen in EVERY school district. In the Fox C-6 District the bullshit starts and ends with Diane.

If you don't like the nepotism, get her out. Pay her off if you want her out faster. I'm sure she won't mind.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#923 Feb 17, 2013
I do not think anyone is saying screw the teachers. But it seems valid to ask these questions. Has the NEA ever backed a candidate that is currently a board member? If they are "in the trenches" and most affected by what nepotism has done then they should have been leading the charge for change years ago. I believe the administration itself is made up of "teachers" but I do not think they have the sole right of understanding and authority concerning who is the best candidate anymore than the NEA does. If you can say that the NEA has never backed the people who are now the problem then I will gladly stand corrected. Plus what do I do if I know there are teachers who support the two incumbents, they are also in the trenches and affected by nepotism? Also there are a ton of employees that are not teachers, who, believe it or not are also affected by bad policy. We all admire teachers, and even some who are currently administrators, but the "same ole, same ole" will not work anymore when it comes to the Board. They are there to serve the taxpayers!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#924 Feb 17, 2013
Has anyone thought to ask those passed over food service employees who they think is the best candidate? I bet the NEA did not ask them. Seems to me they were most recently hurt by this Board more than all of the rest of us. Would not their opinion be as important as the NEA. Yes it's a bit silly and unrealistic of me to suggest it, but still, my point is simply there is more to this than one voice.
Yeah Right

Imperial, MO

#925 Feb 17, 2013
Now Sam, why would NEA ask the food service employees anything? They're not teachers and not under any jurisdiction of the NEA. Why would anyone bother to ask them anyway? On the totem pole, there at the bottom with the custodians and the bus drivers. I don't think the administrators really care that much for them either as long as the kids don't get food poisoning, the schools are relatively clean, and the bus drivers don't cause a lot of accidents.

Although as a parent, I think the above employees of our fine school district are VERY important, because really it takes everyone to make a school district successful. I don't think the administration, the NEA or the teachers in general really care too much about them.
anonymous

United States

#926 Feb 17, 2013
Love teachers and loves education!!! Do not like what unionz have become on the bax of teachers, aids, and other schools workers! IF the nea was truly for chnages its a powerful enuff org to have made better thingz happen alredy but they got same ol same ol peeps in there!!! I'm gonna say it and I have the right to say so!!! Besides firemen and militaries, teachers are most respected in the world!!! No one hatin on teachers. Calm down!!! Buts let's gotta ask where the heck have the voices of teachers been on thre bad problems in the disrricts and boards! Where??? Jus let the crap happen even when it bad fo the kidz???
Live It

Saint Louis, MO

#927 Feb 17, 2013
Yeah Right wrote:
Now Sam, why would NEA ask the food service employees anything? They're not teachers and not under any jurisdiction of the NEA. Why would anyone bother to ask them anyway? On the totem pole, there at the bottom with the custodians and the bus drivers. I don't think the administrators really care that much for them either as long as the kids don't get food poisoning, the schools are relatively clean, and the bus drivers don't cause a lot of accidents.
Although as a parent, I think the above employees of our fine school district are VERY important, because really it takes everyone to make a school district successful. I don't think the administration, the NEA or the teachers in general really care too much about them.
I'm a teacher and care very much about food service, custodians, and bus drivers! They are the backbone of the organization; without them the teachers are nothing. Definitely NOT considered bottom of totem pole; each rung is very important to all the others.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#928 Feb 18, 2013
Boy oh boy, sometimes writing is so difficult. I do not, in any way, want to pit one group of people against another. I hope it is clear that what I am saying is that just because one group says "we support so & so" does not make them the authority on who I should vote for. There are alot of others, workers and parents, who are not teachers, that should carry the same respect when it comes to who to vote for. We are all in this together. As a custodian and a groundskeeper I was treated with the utmost respect from teachers and principals! I started my working life as a fireman in California, became an ordained minister, have lived in every corner of this country, and have never been as happy as I was at Fox. I said then, and still say, that was because of the caliber of the teacers and building administrators who treated me as part of the whole! But solely as a voter I want to make sure we put the best possible candidate into these Board positions. Someone who will represent the interests of the entire community, someone who cares for children and adults!
soooo what can be done

Saint Louis, MO

#929 Feb 18, 2013
It would be okay tolet her do her job if she knew what her job was. See just how often she is actually in her office during the school day .
Scooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...not exaggerating or anything are you? Red 5 - just to let you know your 12,000 number just shows your skills at trying to add some spark to a topic that has run its course. Yawn already. Apologist for no one. Let the woman do her job.
not too dum

Saint Louis, MO

#930 Feb 18, 2013
soooo what can be done wrote:
<quoted text>It would be okay tolet her do her job if she knew what her job was. See just how often she is actually in her office during the school day .
Well she is not in the elementary schools...
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#931 Feb 18, 2013
Just a heads up. The board meeting starts at 6:00 pm tommorrow night. Introductions and information about those running for the board.
Wanna_be_Dancer

Saint Louis, MO

#932 Feb 18, 2013
not too dum wrote:
<quoted text>
Well she is not in the elementary schools...
Her office, of course, is at Fox H.S. No one I know seems to have seen Kelly at Seckman. Maybe she's in Todd's office having her hand held. He's got to know that when Kelly goes home and complains to Linda about how hard her job is it ain't going to be Kelly or Dianne that get blamed.

On a more important note, is it true that Dianne is going to give lessons on how to do the Elliot Davis Dance tomorrow night before the meeting begins?
SHS

Imperial, MO

#933 Feb 18, 2013
She actually has been to Seckman HS. I happened to be leaving Seckman HS, when Candy and Kelly were walking in back in December. I don't know why they were there, but I did see them go into the school.

I can also tell you that my daughter has a class with Kelly at Jeffco Arnold campus. It's a night class. So, I'm guessing she's attempting to get at least an AA degree at the taxpayer's expense.
anonymous

United States

#934 Feb 18, 2013
Petitions need be passed out to unseats the boards and get an district audits!
Tim

United States

#935 Feb 18, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Petitions need be passed out to unseats the boards and get an district audits!
Bring a petition to the meeting, or start at Walmart . I'll be glad to sign
Simon

United States

#936 Feb 19, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
I do not think anyone is saying screw the teachers. But it seems valid to ask these questions. Has the NEA ever backed a candidate that is currently a board member? If they are "in the trenches" and most affected by what nepotism has done then they should have been leading the charge for change years ago. I believe the administration itself is made up of "teachers" but I do not think they have the sole right of understanding and authority concerning who is the best candidate anymore than the NEA does. If you can say that the NEA has never backed the people who are now the problem then I will gladly stand corrected. Plus what do I do if I know there are teachers who support the two incumbents, they are also in the trenches and affected by nepotism? Also there are a ton of employees that are not teachers, who, believe it or not are also affected by bad policy. We all admire teachers, and even some who are currently administrators, but the "same ole, same ole" will not work anymore when it comes to the Board. They are there to serve the taxpayers!
The NEA has backed Newman, Nicholas, Nash, Herman, and Laughlin in the past. I will not be voting for ANYONE who is backed by the NEA. They are interested in advancing THEIR AGENDA not what is best for the children.
Also, tell me ONE candidate who is running who does not have a vested interest in the schools (meaning they do not have someone related to them or have children/grandchildren in the schools). You will not find many who want to run who do not have some sort of connection.
remember when

United States

#937 Feb 19, 2013
Oh lovely DIL going to school at night to figure out how bad she is screwing it up all day.
Hoochy super WINS the stupid award of the year !!!!
Hope Elliot shows up at every meeting that duck and dodge dance was priceless !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindsay Owens (Jan '17) 45 min Lindsays Man 3
Neighbors Fighting At Bottom of Hill on Carter (Oct '16) 6 hr Learner Permit 76
News 7 Arrested for Stealing at Walmart in Arnold (May '13) 21 hr Ricardo montobomb 5
Building next to Wendy's Sun Fried Chicken 2
Jefferson County Allows Child Abuse! (Nov '12) Aug 19 janeDoe 11
War Against Memorial On Heads Creek Aug 18 Love You 58
the pisa group (Apr '12) Aug 18 Sherminator 5

Eureka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eureka Mortgages