Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Informed

United States

#837 Feb 9, 2013
Check Again wrote:
Nepotism
Article VII, Section 6 of the Missouri Constitution states the following:
"Any public officer or employee in this state who by virtue of his office or employment names or appoints to public office or employment any relative within the fourth degree, by consanguinity or affinity, shall thereby forfeit his office or employment.
There you go, you just made yourself look ridiculas. You can reprint a statement but you DO NOT UNDERSTAND what is says.

This is NOT what happened at Fox. Linda Nash did not "name or appoint to public office. She was NOT involved in the discussion nor did she vote.

This does NOT (REPEAT) NOT say relatives of board members cannot be hired by the rest of the board.

READ CAREFULLY.
Informed

United States

#838 Feb 9, 2013
Tim wrote:
Again, I see posts on here most likely from the current administration. Talking about how there's a policy about stepping out of the room and not voting, thereby allowing your friends on the board to vote in your relative. This is wrong, kinda like insider trading. If you want to be on the board or in administration, you should be in only to serve the students and not your family. Lets take away the "untouchable and beyond reproach " attitude and improve this district now!
Again, you may not like the fact that relatives get hired but it is NOT (repeat) NOT against ANY laws. All school districts (with a very few exceptions) do hire relatives of board members and administrators.

If people are that upset, contact DESE and have them rewrite the policy.
Attend Meetings People

Arnold, MO

#839 Feb 9, 2013
That's OK you arrogant sons of beaches, hire as many burger flipping relatives as you like, educate them at the taxpayers expense and keep defending your right to do so. It's worked for you so far, so why stop now?
Informed

United States

#840 Feb 9, 2013
Attend Meetings People wrote:
That's OK you arrogant sons of beaches, hire as many burger flipping relatives as you like, educate them at the taxpayers expense and keep defending your right to do so. It's worked for you so far, so why stop now?
Yes, why stop now. We have only one of the top rated schools in Missouri with 12 years of "School of Distinction". Yes it is because of the teachers. Those same teachers that were hired by the same people who hired Nash. Instead of going off half cocked, see what this hire does and then judge them; you cannot judge a book by it's cover. This may well not work out. If so, then we need to hold those responsible accountable.
Live it

Republic, MO

#841 Feb 9, 2013
Scooter wrote:
This district is doing well because of many factors: concerned and dedicated teachers, support staff, students, their parents, administrators, Board members, etc.
This forum wreaks of negativity. I support those that continue to fight for the students day-in-day-out and not give another thought to those that have personal agendas and seek to destroy positive things that are happening. I hope those that are so angry find peace. Geez-come on already.
You forgot grade changing to get credit and number fudging to bring down the dropout rate.
anonymous

United States

#842 Feb 9, 2013
Anyone can look up record and see the real facs don't really match the claims of a top rating.
I pay taxes too

Arnold, MO

#843 Feb 9, 2013
I pay taxes for many things. The local police, fire department, paramedics, mail man and yes our schools. What I find funny on here is the complaining, whining and bitching about our schools. Why don't we go harass the cops for issuing us tickets or the paramedics for saving anyone on the brink of death? Or better yet when the mail man loses an important package? I find it so ironic that the tax based paid employees fly under the radar, but you people want to attack the schools. Why is that? Never mentally matured past school age maybe?
Evelyn

Arnold, MO

#844 Feb 9, 2013
Everyone knows that neoptism occurs in most workplaces.

The regime at Fox is no exception.

Critchlow is free to hire unqualified relatives & unqualified friends.

When Critchlow leaves, so should the unqualified family & friends she brought in.

The next Superintendent should ensure that any relative or appointee of Critchlow's, is terminated on Day One of the New Boss, after implementing a new "NO NEPOTISM" policy.
Behavior Modification

Saint Louis, MO

#845 Feb 9, 2013
Scooter wrote:
This district is doing well because of many factors: concerned and dedicated teachers, support staff, students, their parents, administrators, Board members, etc.
This forum wreaks of negativity. I support those that continue to fight for the students day-in-day-out and not give another thought to those that have personal agendas and seek to destroy positive things that are happening. I hope those that are so angry find peace. Geez-come on already.
FOX C-6 has recently made some changes, they are scared! We can now directly contact individual Board members, they also want our help in choosing the best attributes in an assistant super,and this is thanks to the "negativity" of a very vocal community! The district is scared, and for good reason, the walls are crumbling down around them! Thank God for the "angry" negative "agendas" that are voiced here!
We Do Care

Arnold, MO

#846 Feb 9, 2013
Informed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, why stop now. We have only one of the top rated schools in Missouri with 12 years of "School of Distinction". Yes it is because of the teachers. Those same teachers that were hired by the same people who hired Nash. Instead of going off half cocked, see what this hire does and then judge them; you cannot judge a book by it's cover. This may well not work out. If so, then we need to hold those responsible accountable.
You seem to not understand, I and many others don't care to see what this hire does and then judge. The fact is, the hire was a burger flipper and not qualified for the position when hired for it. It is not the district's job to pay for the education of Board Member Nash's daughter in law at the expense of the taxpayers and students. No one who is complaining is going off half-cocked, they have all chambers loaded and the fact that she did not meet standards was all over the media. You're right I can't judge a book by it's cover, but if I pay for War and Peace and get One Fish, Two Fish, I'm not going to be very happy. It's not whether it works out or not down the road, they should be held accountable NOW. This is happening NOW. It should not have been allowed to happen in the first place. The person hired for the job should have possessed all of the required qualifications WHEN HIRED.
not too dum

United States

#847 Feb 9, 2013
We Do Care wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to not understand, I and many others don't care to see what this hire does and then judge. The fact is, the hire was a burger flipper and not qualified for the position when hired for it. It is not the district's job to pay for the education of Board Member Nash's daughter in law at the expense of the taxpayers and students. No one who is complaining is going off half-cocked, they have all chambers loaded and the fact that she did not meet standards was all over the media. You're right I can't judge a book by it's cover, but if I pay for War and Peace and get One Fish, Two Fish, I'm not going to be very happy. It's not whether it works out or not down the road, they should be held accountable NOW. This is happening NOW. It should not have been allowed to happen in the first place. The person hired for the job should have possessed all of the required qualifications WHEN HIRED.
I concur! What a wonderfully stated comment.
New Board

Saint Louis, MO

#848 Feb 9, 2013
Two new Board Members would be a step in the right direction!
Scooter

Fairfax, VA

#849 Feb 9, 2013
Live it wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot grade changing to get credit and number fudging to bring down the dropout rate.
Yeah Right, Live It...You have not a clue what you are speaking. Oh! I forgot since it is spoken on here that it is a fact. This forum is a joke. Strong accusations you make with not a thing to justify your comment.
Scooter

Fairfax, VA

#850 Feb 9, 2013
Behavior Modification wrote:
<quoted text>
FOX C-6 has recently made some changes, they are scared! We can now directly contact individual Board members, they also want our help in choosing the best attributes in an assistant super,and this is thanks to the "negativity" of a very vocal community! The district is scared, and for good reason, the walls are crumbling down around them! Thank God for the "angry" negative "agendas" that are voiced here!
They are definitely crumbling and scared! You hit a home run with that observation. Continue having your agenda and try keeping up with the negativity. I will not participate. I continue to support the district from top to bottom.
We Do Care

Arnold, MO

#851 Feb 9, 2013
Positive change requires exposing of the negative aspects of an organization. The first step is admitting you have a problem and C-6 has many,
Seriously

Chesapeake, OH

#852 Feb 9, 2013
This is the most stupid thread I have ever read. Not one thing ever gets said about students. It is all about what adult didn't get the job they wanted or who wants to make a jab because they are jealous and bitter. I support our district leaders and teachers. They get a better job done than most districts on a fraction of the cost. If you care so much about kids, step away from the keyboard and go spend some quality time with a child. When's the last time you read to a child, played catch or prayed with one? You want to see a positive change in this world, start with YOURSELF!
So What

Saint Louis, MO

#853 Feb 9, 2013
Scooter wrote:
<quoted text>
They are definitely crumbling and scared! You hit a home run with that observation. Continue having your agenda and try keeping up with the negativity. I will not participate. I continue to support the district from top to bottom.
Well then don' t participate, who cares. What a loss it is to taxpayers that you won't stand up to wrong doing. Some of us are not sheep!
You are not serious

Saint Louis, MO

#854 Feb 9, 2013
Seriously wrote:
This is the most stupid thread I have ever read. Not one thing ever gets said about students. It is all about what adult didn't get the job they wanted or who wants to make a jab because they are jealous and bitter. I support our district leaders and teachers. They get a better job done than most districts on a fraction of the cost. If you care so much about kids, step away from the keyboard and go spend some quality time with a child. When's the last time you read to a child, played catch or prayed with one? You want to see a positive change in this world, start with YOURSELF!
Maybe the students at your household make all the decisions and pay all the bills, not mine! I am a taxpayer, get out of your apathetic shell and actually do something! Only those that do not have an argument for the pathetic unqualified hire would try to drag the kids into this arena.
Haha

Chesapeake, OH

#855 Feb 9, 2013
You are not serious wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the students at your household make all the decisions and pay all the bills, not mine! I am a taxpayer, get out of your apathetic shell and actually do something! Only those that do not have an argument for the pathetic unqualified hire would try to drag the kids into this arena.
Imagine "pulling kids into this" you big idiot it should be all about the kids not what adult wasn't chosen for the job and is all jealous and ticked, or the Hoosier custodian that got fired or the hag ex wife. Imagine, actually thinking about kids in a forum about children's education.
not too dum

Maryland Heights, MO

#856 Feb 9, 2013
Seriously wrote:
Just 5 minutes ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) 28 min Eileen 1,425
Fox School (Jan '11) 30 min Eileen 230
Illegal Digging in Missouri (Sep '12) 17 hr Perverted 149
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Fri Fat Three Some 191
Who Are You Voting For Trump or Clinton Thu Open Eyes 19
Lacey (Apr '14) May 25 Yep 19
Officer Dan Maddocks passing (Nov '10) May 16 Walt Glaeser 41
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eureka Mortgages