|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Sam Ferry wrote:
Well I will say it...What The Hell!!!
As soon as I am done with this posting I am going to e-mail the board members and ask them if they have a clue as to this? Are you telling me that a couple of kitchen managers proposed an idea, it was accepted and then the original posting for an "assistant director" was scraped? How is that possible? Why don't people do that with every hiring? It is a crock!
On top of that it requires that the applicants must "currently" be kitchen managers? Does that mean this posting went out to kitchen managers only? How many would that be? Has food services been hijacked or what? Did either one of the two new supervisors apply for the position that Kelly Nash currently has?
I would be willing to bet that the two managers that proposed this will be the two that have already gotten the jobs. I also bet if there would of been an assistant that was liked and approved by the powers that be then these two jobs would not exist!
It will be interesting to see on Tuesday if this is a unanimous vote!
This is a true statement and guess who got the jobs......YOU GUESSED IT!
So What can be done

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

So What can be done wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a true statement and guess who got the jobs......YOU GUESSED IT!
17 SCHOOLS, 17 KITCHEN MANAGERS.....HOW MANY ACTUALLY APPLIED???
Interviews were held all on one day and a decision was made that same day, but no one could know who it was before June 25 meeting...???
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Pay Attention wrote:
<quoted text>
What is funny about that? The audience should be able to hear
what the board members are saying. Also those meetings should
be videotaped and available for public viewing on the Fox website.
Pay Attention wrote:
<quoted text>
be videotaped and available for public viewing on the Fox website.
Basically I agree with you, but BOE meetings are so tightly scripted it hardly matters. When was the last time something happened at a school board meeting that you couldn't have predicted weeks or months in advance? Concerned citizens talk for 3 minutes while the Board ignores them like the ugly girl at a cool kids' party. When time is up Dianne blasts them but refuses to allow a rebuttal. If the citizen has the temerity to talk back to her Barney Fife starts wandering over. Then some plant in the audience (and I mean that in every sense of the word) stands up on cue and says "I love you Board! Keep it up!" What exactly they're supposed to keep up is left a mystery but nonetheless the BOE graciously thanks them. Then they all look over at Dianne like a dog expecting a treat for doing a simple trick particularly well.

After the self-adulation part of the meeting is over the Board unanimously approves whatever it is that Dianne tells them to. Then everyone goes into closed session. Critical matters are hammered out in these sessions like whose turn it is to have a relative/lover/best friend hired this month. Once that gnarly question is resolved a motion is made and is unanimously agreed upon. If there was any real disagreement it's pushed under the rug so the kids (read, us) don't see the grown-ups fight. Then the members walk out and promptly disappear like smoke from a crack pipe. Later that night the qualified but unconnected people who applied for jobs actually thinking they might get one (hahahahahahahahaha!) receive calls saying that they were thisclose to being hired. Unfortunately there was another candidate too good to be true who totally by coincidence was named Critchlow or Nash or Palmer.

What part of the scenario I've just described could you not have predicted? The whole damn meeting could have been handled with sock puppets manipulated by Dianne. In fact I'm almost convinced that sometimes they are. No real human being, much less a public servant would display the absolutely shameless behavior they do.

Turning off their mics is a kindness to the folks in the audience. Otherwise we'd have to listen to those sanctimonious small-time despots. I've heard that song waaaay too many times.
say what

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>Pay Attention wrote, "<quoted text>
be videotaped and available for public viewing on the Fox website."

Basically I agree with you, but BOE meetings are so tightly scripted it hardly matters. When was the last time something happened at a school board meeting that you couldn't have predicted weeks or months in advance? Concerned citizens talk for 3 minutes while the Board ignores them like the ugly girl at a cool kids' party. When time is up Dianne blasts them but refuses to allow a rebuttal. If the citizen has the temerity to talk back to her Barney Fife starts wandering over. Then some plant in the audience (and I mean that in every sense of the word) stands up on cue and says "I love you Board! Keep it up!" What exactly they're supposed to keep up is left a mystery but nonetheless the BOE graciously thanks them. Then they all look over at Dianne like a dog expecting a treat for doing a simple trick particularly well.

After the self-adulation part of the meeting is over the Board unanimously approves whatever it is that Dianne tells them to. Then everyone goes into closed session. Critical matters are hammered out in these sessions like whose turn it is to have a relative/lover/best friend hired this month. Once that gnarly question is resolved a motion is made and is unanimously agreed upon. If there was any real disagreement it's pushed under the rug so the kids (read, us) don't see the grown-ups fight. Then the members walk out and promptly disappear like smoke from a crack pipe. Later that night the qualified but unconnected people who applied for jobs actually thinking they might get one (hahahahahahahahaha!) receive calls saying that they were thisclose to being hired. Unfortunately there was another candidate too good to be true who totally by coincidence was named Critchlow or Nash or Palmer.

What part of the scenario I've just described could you not have predicted? The whole damn meeting could have been handled with sock puppets manipulated by Dianne. In fact I'm almost convinced that sometimes they are. No real human being, much less a public servant would display the absolutely shameless behavior they do.

Turning off their mics is a kindness to the folks in the audience. Otherwise we'd have to listen to those sanctimonious small-time despots. I've heard that song waaaay too many times.
Peanuts
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Peanuts
Kelly, how many times do I have to tell you - you DON'T post your menu ideas on Topix! I know you're working at a disadvantage because your keyboard doesn't have pictures on all the keys like it did at McDonalds. Still, you've been there 6 months. You've had plenty of time to draw tiny pictures and glue them onto the keys so you'll always know which ones to push. Better get Todd down there to train you up. Neither of you wants anyone to get the wacky idea that you were hired for some other reason than your skill set.
say what

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>Kelly, how many times do I have to tell you - you DON'T post your menu ideas on Topix! I know you're working at a disadvantage because your keyboard doesn't have pictures on all the keys like it did at McDonalds. Still, you've been there 6 months. You've had plenty of time to draw tiny pictures and glue them onto the keys so you'll always know which ones to push. Better get Todd down there to train you up. Neither of you wants anyone to get the wacky idea that you were hired for some other reason than your skill set.
Peanuts
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Peanuts
Okay, okay, you can have peanuts Tuesdays and Thursdays. But I want double cheeseburgers and a large fry on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays.
Charles Schultz

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Peanuts
What does this mean?
say what

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Charles Schultz wrote:
<quoted text>What does this mean?
The peanut, or groundnut (Arachis hypogaea), is a species in the legume or "bean" family (Fabaceae). The peanut was probably first domesticated and cultivated in the valleys of Paraguay.[1] It is an annual herbaceous plant growing 30 to 50 cm (1.0 to 1.6 ft) tall.
Charles Schultz

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

say what wrote:
<quoted text>
The peanut, or groundnut (Arachis hypogaea), is a species in the legume or "bean" family (Fabaceae). The peanut was probably first domesticated and cultivated in the valleys of Paraguay.[1] It is an annual herbaceous plant growing 30 to 50 cm (1.0 to 1.6 ft) tall.
I don't get it...
Pete

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It all starts at the "top". BOE members are taught to "trust" their administrators and Superintendent to "run the schools. They are taught by The Missouri School Board Association and MUST attend the classes or loose their seat on the board. MSBA trains them to let their administrators make the decisions and then if those decisions turn out to be bad ones, then hold them accountable. So, the administrators/Sup. ARE supposed to run the operations and be held accountable for their decisions. Board members are trained NOT to micro manage the day to day operations.

If you want that to change, call MSBA or your legislators to get that training changed.
Tired of it All

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>It all starts at the "top". BOE members are taught to "trust" their administrators and Superintendent to "run the schools. They are taught by The Missouri School Board Association and MUST attend the classes or loose their seat on the board. MSBA trains them to let their administrators make the decisions and then if those decisions turn out to be bad ones, then hold them accountable. So, the administrators/Sup. ARE supposed to run the operations and be held accountable for their decisions. Board members are trained NOT to micro manage the day to day operations.

If you want that to change, call MSBA or your legislators to get that training changed.
Good for you Pete!! Very appropriately stated.
The Oaks Ignore The Pleas

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Ah, there is the word of the year. Micro manage, it is a word used when someone attempts to oversee something that some people do not want overseen! Cop out. Board members should still be able to discern right from wrong. If it sounds like it might be a questionable move, question it. Or you can do like two recent board members did and fall on the sword for going along just to get along.
Bored Member

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

The Oaks Ignore The Pleas wrote:
Ah, there is the word of the year. Micro manage, it is a word used when someone attempts to oversee something that some people do not want overseen! Cop out. Board members should still be able to discern right from wrong. If it sounds like it might be a questionable move, question it. Or you can do like two recent board members did and fall on the sword for going along just to get along.
Take off!
To the great white north!
Take off!
It's a beauty place to go!
Tax Payer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Now that the BOE has started to take care of administration issues, how about some of the pathetic grounds keeping and unkept workers.
Dropping off my kids at CKC, I wonder who hired these people to clean. Appearance speaks volumes to me!
Question3203

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

What is CKC?
Tax Payer

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Character kids club. It's childcare provided at the schools for payment.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Tax Payer wrote:
Now that the BOE has started to take care of administration issues, how about some of the pathetic grounds keeping and unkept workers.
Dropping off my kids at CKC, I wonder who hired these people to clean. Appearance speaks volumes to me!
Do you expect them to wear a tuxedo or khakis while cleaning or something? They are CLEANING. I wouldn't want to get chemicals on any decent clothes I wear.
Tax Payer

Spring Hill, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps you should observe before commenting.
Some appear not to know what a shower and a toothbrush are used for.
Odd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,181 - 2,200 of2,752
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Eureka Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Eureka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance