|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

embarrassedtaxpayer wrote:
The old board and the SUPER will never admit WRONG DOING on the hiring practices(NEPOTISM) that have been going on for years. It has never been what's best for the employees,students,and taxpayers. The decisions are based on what's best for the SUPER/administration and boards self-interest. These people think they can't be replaced,but they sure can "STAY TUNED".......
This stuff has been going on as long as we've had a school district. Look at all the past supers that have had kids hired into the district. Heck, the person that Kelly Nash replaced was the second wife of a Super. It goes as far back as we've had a school district. It's a disgrace and I'm surprised its taken this long for Sam to get upset.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
This stuff has been going on as long as we've had a school district. Look at all the past supers that have had kids hired into the district. Heck, the person that Kelly Nash replaced was the second wife of a Super. It goes as far back as we've had a school district. It's a disgrace and I'm surprised its taken this long for Sam to get upset.
You were not clear on what the "disgrace" is? Is it the fact that it has always existed, that nothing has been done, or me?

Comparing the Kelly Nash hire to the previous Directors situation is like comparing apples and .......oh let's say wood chips!There is no comparison there, so we'll leave that alone.

I am pretty sure you do not have an understanding of exactly what nepotism is. Just having the same blood and working for the same school district does not constitute nepotism. So let's forget all that too.

I am a transplant, spent most of my adult life outside this state. I did not work for Fox until about nine years ago. So when you do the numbers on that, compared to the people that were born and raised here I got upset pretty damn quickly. Unless you are talking about being upset and not doing a flippin thing about it? Yeah there are alot of talkers concerning this subject.....most of them went to school, then worked, and some even retired from fox. What good does being upset do if there is not some sort of action to follow it? Being "disgusted" is not enough!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Walt Kowalski wrote:
Well it seems as if they are now hiring 2 count them 2 assistants for Ms Nash. These are in house postings only. Kinda makes one go hmmmmmm, doesn't it? The qualifications are a little sketchy.
Walt do you know any more about this? Did it actually happen? I have seen no hirings for this (these) position.
Neighbor Friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

remember when wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your 1000 Dan . You will probably need it for your next stalking event! Many murderers, robbers and molesters have escaped jail. Wipe your hinney with that argument.
You voted YES for the fry queen did you not? 3938
Sorry sweetie, not Dan. Oh, I have told you that before...as usual, you make up your own facts. I have told you I go to church with Dan and talk to him often. I have offered the money because you have blatenly accused him over and over again with NO PROOF.

No I voted for no one. I am elected to nothing.
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

The old board and the SUPER will never admit WRONG DOING on the hiring practices(NEPOTISM) that have been going on for years. It has never been what's best for the employees,students,and taxpayers. The decisions are based on what's best for the SUPER/administration and boards self-interest. These people think they can't be replaced,but they sure can "STAY TUNED".......
You will be replacing and replacing and replacing and replacing and replacing.........nepotism will continue with each person hired or voted into office. Always has, always will.

At least Mr. Smith has now made an effort to eliminate some of the nepotism with the new policy. Too bad he has decided not to run again, it sounds like he finally gets it.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
You will be replacing and replacing and replacing and replacing and replacing.........nepotism will continue with each person hired or voted into office. Always has, always will.
At least Mr. Smith has now made an effort to eliminate some of the nepotism with the new policy. Too bad he has decided not to run again, it sounds like he finally gets it.
Name the last board member that had a family member hired to a supervisory position. McEneny, Palmer, Nash.....that will not happen again. No thanks to everybody's new favorite pal Mr. Smith. He did what he did because of community pressure and the press.

You should be ashamed to have had a board that bowed down to a self serving super over it's own commitment to education! She has repeatedly steered the board the direction she wanted things to go. Just the opposite of what they were supposed to do!

Let me just flip that last line around for you.....It sounds like he finally gets it,(so) he has decided not to run again!
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Name the last board member that had a family member hired to a supervisory position. McEneny, Palmer, Nash.....that will not happen again. No thanks to everybody's new favorite pal Mr. Smith. He did what he did because of community pressure and the press.
You should be ashamed to have had a board that bowed down to a self serving super over it's own commitment to education! She has repeatedly steered the board the direction she wanted things to go. Just the opposite of what they were supposed to do!
Let me just flip that last line around for you.....It sounds like he finally gets it,(so) he has decided not to run again!
Yeah, I understand he may be doing something in Jeff City with education.? I would like to keep him on the board but I know people have to move on. I don't believe Smith ever had anyone promoted or hired that was related to him during his time on the BOE. I think he does the right things for people when he understands what they want from him. He would be a good elected official in whatever capacity he serves.
embarrassedtaxpa yer

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I understand he may be doing something in Jeff City with education.? I would like to keep him on the board but I know people have to move on. I don't believe Smith ever had anyone promoted or hired that was related to him during his time on the BOE. I think he does the right things for people when he understands what they want from him. He would be a good elected official in whatever capacity he serves.
Are you crazy, he is a horrible board member for FOX. VOTED YES everytime SUPER recommended A hiring of Relatives, along with the UNQUALIFIED FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR KELLY NASH HIRE. I hope Jeff City knows what their gettig in Smith??????????
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Are you crazy, he is a horrible board member for FOX. VOTED YES everytime SUPER recommended A hiring of Relatives, along with the UNQUALIFIED FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR KELLY NASH HIRE. I hope Jeff City knows what their gettig in Smith??????????
Yes they do...an intelligent person with great credentials and a person who listens to the people around him when he gets feedback and direction from them. He has some interesting ideas for reforming Missouri's school system (including new nepotism rules).
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how hard you try you will not be able to wash the stench of nepotism off Mr. Smith. I think it is kinda cute and charming the way you want to clean him up and all, but he still stinks!

So he never did the right thing before because he did not understand what people wanted from him? "Now that I know people want me to do the right thing I'll do it. I just did not understand what the public wanted from me!" What a joke and what a weak man to blame the public!
Pat

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Maybe he's taking credit for the new nepotism policy, but that doesn't mean it was his idea. He's just the talking head because it was his 'turn' to be president.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Are you crazy, he is a horrible board member for FOX. VOTED YES everytime SUPER recommended A hiring of Relatives, along with the UNQUALIFIED FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR KELLY NASH HIRE. I hope Jeff City knows what their gettig in Smith??????????
Like most people I have no way of knowing whether Smith is a good man or a bad man. Here on Topix he has supporters and detractors. They cancel each other out. The only objective evidence I have to go on is how he votes. And according to the minutes he voted unanimously with the rest of the board members to hire Linda Nash's unqualified DIL to feed my children. Regardless of whether he's a saint or sinner in private life that leaves me with only one rational choice - if he runs I vote against him.

I understand the purpose behind the always unanimous votes. The BOE don't want to appear as dysfunctional as city officials in Ellisville. But by trying so hard to avoid the hint of any conflict they've made themselves look either incredibly self-serving or unbelievably stupid. I'm not keen to vote for anyone who falls into either category.

If BOE members want to avoid being tarred with the same brush as Linda they have to begin recording their votes honestly. Their current policy of providing cover for each other just greases the wheels for their truly greedy or stupid colleagues. And as we've already demonstrated twice, if the objective evidence is that they are dishonest fools we will make sure it costs them their jobs on Election Day.
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how hard you try you will not be able to wash the stench of nepotism off Mr. Smith. I think it is kinda cute and charming the way you want to clean him up and all, but he still stinks!
So he never did the right thing before because he did not understand what people wanted from him? "Now that I know people want me to do the right thing I'll do it. I just did not understand what the public wanted from me!" What a joke and what a weak man to blame the public!
Officials at any level do not know what the public wants unless that public lets them know what they want. That is why people are always telling you to "call your congressman". If AFTER you have told them what you want and THEN they vote against the will of the people, you get rid of them. I am only saying that if you get an official at ANY level that "listens" you should keep them.

This is of course a mute point if Smith is leaving anyway but, that is how I look at the people in office.
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
Maybe he's taking credit for the new nepotism policy, but that doesn't mean it was his idea. He's just the talking head because it was his 'turn' to be president.
Whose idea was it then???? The president sets the agenda for the meetings. Smith could have ignored the whole thing and gone on "business" as usual". Yes he is the "talking head" and Nash before him. She could have put the topic of nepotism on the agenda after she found out what the public wanted also but, did she????

I give Mr. Smith the credit for doing the right thing when he had the opportunity, nothing more, nothing less.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
I give Mr. Smith the credit for doing the right thing when he had the opportunity, nothing more, nothing less.
Here is why you are having a credibility problem. "Nothing more, nothing less." Really? If that were literally true, if it were as simple as an observation by an innocent bystander then you would have no problem pointing out the numerous times he did not do the "right thing." (Try staying within the context of this thread there Steve.) Everybody knows that it is not and was not right to give a job to an unqualified person that happened to be related to the board over qualified employees.

He swoar an oath to hire the best trained technical personnel that could be aquired. He swoar an oath, according to him, that he would do his absolute beat for the kids of this district. He voted contrary to that oath when he voted for Kelly Nash. He now wants redemption for that?

This board has been told repeatedly to clean up the nepotism problems within this district. They did not listen, instead they thumbed their noses at everyone by hiring Kelly Nash.And they are now paying for that gross error in judgement. Mr. Smith has caused huge problems through his complacency.....nothing more and nothing less!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

I bumped into a board member last weekend, both our families were out doing things and we saw each other. I extended my hand and thanked him for the part he played in the new nepotism policy. He was very humble and basically said thet were trying to do the right thing.

I also spoke with both Holloway and Kroupa at the first board meeting where they were being "briefed" by the existing board and super on board policy, etc. They both told me to my face that one of the first things they would bring up if they got elected was a change in the Nepotism policy. Let us give credit to where it is due! Holloway and Kroupa were instrumental in reversing that policy. No voting Newmann and Nicholas out, no voting Holloway and Kroupa in = no new policy!
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Sam Ferry wrote:
I bumped into a board member last weekend, both our families were out doing things and we saw each other. I extended my hand and thanked him for the part he played in the new nepotism policy. He was very humble and basically said thet were trying to do the right thing.
I also spoke with both Holloway and Kroupa at the first board meeting where they were being "briefed" by the existing board and super on board policy, etc. They both told me to my face that one of the first things they would bring up if they got elected was a change in the Nepotism policy. Let us give credit to where it is due! Holloway and Kroupa were instrumental in reversing that policy. No voting Newmann and Nicholas out, no voting Holloway and Kroupa in = no new policy!
You are wrong, as usual. Smith is not looking for any kind of redemption. He is as he always has been, trying to do what is best. I have talked to him at length on this matter and the thing you DO NOT UNDERSTAND is how boards work and how the people who are on these boards are trained.

And second, Smith is the one to put nepotism on the agenda. He is the ONLY one who can (along with the Superintendent). The other board members can ask for something to be put on the agenda but that does not mean it will be put on there. Dan told me he asked many times of the past presidents to put something on the agenda and was refused.

So, you need to dig deeper to find out how things work and understand them better. As I stated in the past, call Dan, he will be happy to sit down and talk with anyone regarding the BOE.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Steve wrote:
<quoted text> He is as he always has been, trying to do what is best. you DO NOT UNDERSTAND is how boards work and how the people who are on these boards are trained. So, you need to dig deeper to find out how things work and understand them better.
This is what I know that I know! I have been to this lecture before, I have sat in the very pew that you now place everyome but Smith in. This is always what people do when they will not accept responsibility......blame those in the pews!

"Oh but Sam it is your lack of understanding....if you just knew how things worked....Smith had no part in the improper hiring of an unqualified board relative....if you just applied yourself more, dig deeper, and were not so ignorant you would see this so clearly."

That is why you are cowards. You now blame the innocent! Did I vote for Kelly Nash? Did I swear to staff the schools with the best trained technical personnel? Did I ignore Paula and treat her as if she had no value? NO, NO, NO !!!

Like I said we both are thankful to God he is moving on! You for your reasons and me for mine! And that will be the end of it!
Saturday Morning Briefing

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong, as usual. Smith is not looking for any kind of redemption. He is as he always has been, trying to do what is best. I have talked to him at length on this matter and the thing you DO NOT UNDERSTAND is how boards work and how the people who are on these boards are trained.
And second, Smith is the one to put nepotism on the agenda. He is the ONLY one who can (along with the Superintendent). The other board members can ask for something to be put on the agenda but that does not mean it will be put on there. Dan told me he asked many times of the past presidents to put something on the agenda and was refused.
So, you need to dig deeper to find out how things work and understand them better. As I stated in the past, call Dan, he will be happy to sit down and talk with anyone regarding the BOE.
I do understand how boards are supposed to work, unfortunately this and others have lost sight of the rules. They all chose to go along to get along and present a united front. They were elected as individuals to represent the best interests of the taxpayers and are expected to have minds of their own and to know the difference between right and wrong and have differences of opinion. These chose to band together for the betterment and enrichment of friends and family of the board and superintendent, disregarding their duty to do the right thing for the people. Seems they forgot they work for the people, not the other way around.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Saturday Morning Briefing wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand how boards are supposed to work, unfortunately this and others have lost sight of the rules. They all chose to go along to get along and present a united front. They were elected as individuals to represent the best interests of the taxpayers and are expected to have minds of their own and to know the difference between right and wrong and have differences of opinion. These chose to band together for the betterment and enrichment of friends and family of the board and superintendent, disregarding their duty to do the right thing for the people. Seems they forgot they work for the people, not the other way around.
Amen, amen, amen!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,101 - 2,120 of2,793
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eureka Discussions

Search the Eureka Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Obama Bitches 95,362
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 5 hr Ssdd 133
Jackie (Aug '12) 11 hr HER OTHER SISTER 14
County Executive 12 hr Doris Borgelt 13
Looking for women of all ages 18 hr curious 3
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 20 hr Diane 6,906
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Mon Claire 265
•••
•••
•••
Eureka Dating

more search filters

less search filters