"Zombie Road" In Eureka Producing More Fines Than Fears

Full story: Fox2Now 13
It's a road in Eureka that's home to stories and urban legends. It even spawned a Sci-Fi Channel special. Full Story
Only Me

Chesterfield, MO

#1 Sep 16, 2010
I'm 55 and we hung there in high school before it was chained off. Wish I had a dollar for every beer I had there and every girl I..........

BTW... It's called Zombie Hill, not Zombie Road. Home of the Shermanites !!!
LTB

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Sep 17, 2010
It's the Bubblehead's long lost Cousin!
Christy

Tell City, IN

#3 Sep 17, 2010
What's really bizarre is the punctuation in this story.
Here Today

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Sep 17, 2010
It's not in Eureka ! It's between Glencoe and Sherman.(now Wildwood) There use to be a Gravel Mining operation,along the Meramec River."Zombie" Rd.-Lawyer-Ford rd., is the way they hauled the Rock and Sand out in Dump trucks. The Big Railroad went from Sherman, thru Glencoe, on to Eureka, and also to Rockwoods Reservation, them tracks have been long gone.
Somebody from Fox 2, needs to get a map,Eureka, is about 6 miles South of there.
Here Today

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Sep 17, 2010
There's Timber Rattlesnakes all over in that vicinity. If someone gets bit, it'd be hell, for a paramedic to get to them in time. There's also Copperhead snakes.These kind of snakes,crawl onto warm asphalt,at night,because they're "cold-blooded".
really

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Sep 17, 2010
So.. I guess there's no crime in this area, since the police have all this time to catch and fine teenagers walking down a road.
Is there really nothing more important they could be doing?
Joe

Baltimore, MD

#7 Sep 17, 2010
I found the site they used for the news clip ... www.zombieroad.com
jesse jackass

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Sep 17, 2010
Its a fricken STATE PARK! how do you fine people for going to a state park! what a crock of crap.
King Kong

Collinsville, IL

#9 Sep 17, 2010
In Collinsville we have The Gates of Hell. Difference is back in the 1930s they used to have satanic rituals and covens meet by there regularly. Not just heavy metal headbangers from the 80s. Collinsville was founded by a Collins. Its one of the top bloodline Luciferian Illuminist families. Our public library has a statue in front of Pan. God of the witches and revered by Satanist Aliester Crowley. Also the goatriders... I mean masons here's Order of the Eastern Star lodge number is 666! Imagine that out of all the United States! I could go on but why?
Here Today

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Sep 18, 2010
There is nothing but a bunch of Fairy Tales, that have lured young people, to this area, for decades.Now it's bringing out the "kooks", who thinks there is "spirits" lurking in that area.I've had Family,who lived in this vicinity, when it was really remote, no electricity,and never had any ghostly encounters. Probaly what they are hearing at night, is an abundance of Deer,running away,scared of the humans. As for the Cops, they have nothing else better to do ? At the Tax payers expense !
The Om

Ballwin, MO

#11 Sep 18, 2010
The word is "piqued", not "peaked".
kitkat

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Sep 19, 2010
This story was popular when I was a kid 30 years ago. Funny how it is still alive....
Bacon Wrapped Weiner

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Sep 25, 2010
Eat a zumbeee dick....that was my cuzzin!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion Thu XAIO 844
Hot guy in jeep rubicon Thu Curious 3
Top 10 Restauraunts in Jeffco (May '12) Thu taco4jj 98
stolen 2006 honda cbr 100rr (Jul '11) Thu taco4jj 4
Simpson Jr.? Nov 18 what's up with that 12
Neighborhood gossips Nov 18 Perceptive 7
Rascal's New Restaurant in Arnold Nov 17 HAPPY 4
Eureka Dating
Find my Match

Eureka People Search