Adding Awareness

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Aug 6, 2013
People know this disease. It can happen to all ages. Read this and pay attention to medicine you give your children, parents, etc.

http://www.skinassn.org/what-is-stevens-johns...

Since: Aug 13

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Aug 20, 2013
This is a serious disease! My dermatologist insisted that I continue taking the antibiotic Doxycycline Hyclate even though it caused me Stevens Johnson Syndrome. He doesn't think these symptoms are associate with the antibiotics. I took them for only 2 days and it caused the edge of my ears to blister, ooze, and slough off. Really painful! It also caused my eyes to be infected. My eyes are very red, swollen, oozing with yellow mucous. My derm thinks it's an allergic reaction to a new hair product, but I'm not using any. I'm off the antibiotics for two days and I'm not seeing much improvement. I know mine is a mild case of SJS. People have gone blind from it, some have died. Doctors mean well but they aren't always right. Trust your gut feeling.
SJS supporter

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Aug 21, 2013
I am only hoping this brings awareness to SJS. A friend of mine lost her son in 2011 from this horrible disease. It can happen to anyone at anytime. We need to continue to spread the word. Missouri needs to be August SJS month, which we are working on for next year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 min Mugsy 2,771
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 12 min RNC Rightwing NUT... 96,962
Fat Jefferson County Cops 15 min The Flaccid Jackit 3
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 33 min redeemer 479
Arnold website woes? 47 min Tony 56
County Councilman Boyer 54 min Tony 66
Great Poop Disturber Pot Stirrer Quote 3 hr Rick 1
•••
Eureka Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Eureka Jobs

•••