Arnold Advocate

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Who do you think is the better of these two attorneys. Who would you trust?
Letusnamenames

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Pleban
Ignorant

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

I don't know if its called trust or the most confident in who will win and I'm pretty sure Sweeny is going to get his a&$ kicked and handed back to him. While Sweeny is certainly not a dumb man because he is making (I mean taking) a fabulous salary from the city for just a part time attorney.
remember when

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I watched pleban during bourisaw case. He will hand pee wee his nads on a platter.
It is my opinion pee wee creates caos every chance he gets so his bills go higher. It doesn't take a brilliant person to do that. Just a mayor that sits there like a dunce and let's him.
Letusnamenames

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Quit blaming the Mayor. Blame the council members that got him back in and the voters for not getting those council members out. The Mayor can get him out alone, he needs the council to vote him out.
Check Again

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

No let's blame the Mayor, he cast the ultimate decision to rehire Bob Sweeney. The vote was 4-4 until the Mayor broke the tie, after meeting with Steve Davis and Randy Crisler to broker a deal to bring Bob Sweeney back. Randy admitted as much in the Leader. Read it and weep.
Letusnamenames

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

I didn't think the Mayor was at the meeting when he was rehired. What meeting date was this so I may see the minutes?
Spare Arnold

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Mayor was there, he just did not have to vote. It was 6-2. In October http://www.arnoldmo.org/vertical/sites/%7BAF8...
Letusnamenames

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

So if the Mayor was there and the vote was 6-2 then you are blaming the Mayor for something he didn't vote in. Please learn to place proper blame and don't blame out of anger and to further your grudge against someone.
Historical Fact

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Letusnamenames wrote:
So if the Mayor was there and the vote was 6-2 then you are blaming the Mayor for something he didn't vote in. Please learn to place proper blame and don't blame out of anger and to further your grudge against someone.
The Mayor appointed Sweeney after he had been fired. See: http://www.dolanmedia.com/view.cfm...

Section 77.450 states that if there is a vacancy for city attorney, there shall be an appointment by the mayor with the advice and consent of a majority of the council.

Thus, if Counts had not appointed Sweeney, Sweeney would not currently be a pox upon the City currently. How is the Mayor not responsible for that appointment? No one has the ability to appoint anyone, except the Mayor, who could have appointed anyone he like. Instead, Counts cut a deal with Steve Davis and Randy Crisler. Randy was bragging about it to The Leader at the time. Go read the article. Are you daft, or just conveniently forgetful? Then Ron did not even have the cojones to attend the meeting. Counts makes Benedict Arnold look like a patriot.
Spare Arnold

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I believe Ron Counts was most definitely at this meeting. This was the meeting that Randy Crisler moved the appointment of Sweeney from it's proper place to before business from the floor among many protests from the audience.Many people spoke out against the appointment. Nothing like really irking the people, that was a slap in the face to the citizens. All because of political paybacks. Sweeney got those council members elected and they in turn restored his cushy, part time $200,000 a year job. Way to pay to play.
remember when

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Letusnamenames wrote:
Quit blaming the Mayor. Blame the council members that got him back in and the voters for not getting those council members out. The Mayor can get him out alone, he needs the council to vote him out.
I will indeed blame the mayor, he stated he liked the other lawyer and then (after little meeting ) appointed pee wee back in. Audience went nuts. Wouldn't let anyone speak until it was over.
Do you suppose they took the mayor in back room and said what they did to moss ? We will ruin you, your family and business ????? He looked very ill while it was all taking place. I have never liked him since.
It is my belief the squabbling will never stop until that lawyer is outta there. Always hair in the bread with him.
And he rapes the coffers. Double dips at every chance he gets.
I will also blame councilmen that pee wee campaigned for to get on council. Do you know his mommy is the pres. of cfba ??? WHAT ????? Yea that's right !!! Pee wee footed thousands in campaign money to his picked councilmen . And they vote his way.!!!! Where's the justice ????
On campaign day pee wee at the poles waving flags on the street for his hand picked votes !!!!
Does someone still have those pictures ????
Swindler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

remember when wrote:
<quoted text>
I will indeed blame the mayor, he stated he liked the other lawyer and then (after little meeting ) appointed pee wee back in. Audience went nuts. Wouldn't let anyone speak until it was over.
Do you suppose they took the mayor in back room and said what they did to moss ? We will ruin you, your family and business ????? He looked very ill while it was all taking place. I have never liked him since.
It is my belief the squabbling will never stop until that lawyer is outta there. Always hair in the bread with him.
And he rapes the coffers. Double dips at every chance he gets.
I will also blame councilmen that pee wee campaigned for to get on council. Do you know his mommy is the pres. of cfba ??? WHAT ????? Yea that's right !!! Pee wee footed thousands in campaign money to his picked councilmen . And they vote his way.!!!! Where's the justice ????
On campaign day pee wee at the poles waving flags on the street for his hand picked votes !!!!
Does someone still have those pictures ????
This? http://www.jeffco.net/2010/05/city-of-arnold-...
Letusnamenames

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

I honestly think Counts has been threatened by them. Sort of like that Jason guy claimed he was threatened by one of them.

You all are going to say he should grow a pair, but depending on the threat I think sometimes it is better to back off.

What I find funny is Doris and her friends used I be civil, now they attack every chance they get and are just as bad as the older council members on here. Why can't everybody just quit and get along? Quit bad mouthing the mayor, Doris, Moss, Cricky and Kownacki. Mr. Moritz seems to be an instigator so I'll leave him off of the list.
Swindler

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Letusnamenames wrote:
I honestly think Counts has been threatened by them. Sort of like that Jason guy claimed he was threatened by one of them.
You all are going to say he should grow a pair, but depending on the threat I think sometimes it is better to back off.
What I find funny is Doris and her friends used I be civil, now they attack every chance they get and are just as bad as the older council members on here. Why can't everybody just quit and get along? Quit bad mouthing the mayor, Doris, Moss, Cricky and Kownacki. Mr. Moritz seems to be an instigator so I'll leave him off of the list.
So, assuming he has been threatened, would he not have a responsibility to report that to law enforcement? Threatening folks is illegal, is it not? The alternative is just to live your life in fear being Swindler's stooge. There are laws against the very kind of blackmail Counts, Sweeney, and Shockey attempted to use on Ken Moss. Why not just admit that Counts is both gutless and inept? He does not necessarily have to be evil, but as Edmund Burke is famously quoted, Evil prevails when good men do nothing. Do you know if he takes a whole bunch of Quaaludes before Council meetings? He seems like he is clueless as to what is going on around him, almost as if he needs a bib.
Letusnamenames

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Its those kinds of personal attacks at the end of your post that are unnecessary and give Arnold a bad rap.

State the facts and leave the emotion and opinion out of it. And using big words doesn't give you any more credibility than I you just used the words that everyone understands.

Yes, he should report it but they require proof. Maybe getting the proof is the problem he is having problems with.
Good Morning

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Watch Ron sit silently as the meeting runs amok. Listen as he heaps praise on those who are doing less than adequate jobs. Try not to gag when Phil and Ron try to one-up each other with ego boosting compliments. Make note that councilmen sneer, snicker and make snide comments to others council members and the public and Ron remains oblivious. The only time he perks up is when someone is speaking a truth that he doesn't really want shared with the public either about himself or some untoward action the city has taken. He was neutered the night Sweeney was reinstated.
Check this Out

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Letusnamenames wrote:
Quit badmouthing the Mayor? What do you think he is doing on a weekly basis in the paper? He is badmouthing Ken, Doris, Kownaki! So is Moritz.
This thread is Sweeney vs. Pleban. I wouldn't trust Sweeney to defend a speeding ticket. He has a long standing habit of dragging cases out in order to milk his clients for every last billable hour he can possibly squeeze out of it, then settling with the agreement the no one will talk about it. What a scam and the taxpayers are footing the bill!
remember when

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Swindler wrote:
Thank very much ! I rest my case.

Now does anyone else feel it is unethical at the very least that a city attorney doles thousands to hand picked councilmen campaigns via mommy ? Has the nads to stand out on the street all day campaigning at the poles. He has to make sure at all cost he has enough votes.
Make no mistake about he runs this town ! Squabbling will not stop until he is gone and he is laughing all the way to the bank !!!!!!
remember when

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Letusnamenames wrote:
Its those kinds of personal attacks at the end of your post that are unnecessary and give Arnold a bad rap.
State the facts and leave the emotion and opinion out of it. And using big words doesn't give you any more credibility than I you just used the words that everyone understands.
Yes, he should report it but they require proof. Maybe getting the proof is the problem he is having problems with.
Last time I checked this is America. I have a right to my opinion. You do not get to tell me what to say Thank You !
Arnold is a bad rap and deserves it. The school board and council is running amuck. Until it is cleaned up it will be no different.
You might want to sweep things under the rug and pretend it is mayberry but I do not. I want that rug taken outside and shook out until all the mites and fleas drop off. People are being threatened on that council. Jason came forward , moss came forward etc.. Just how many haven't ? Pee wee and his wanna be carthart posse acting like wanna be thugs. It's a freaking JOKE !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Eureka Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Eureka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••