Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

But if she represents her self as being a supporter of local small business, then she should patronize them.
Seth Ferrell

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Okay Doris, from now on you are only allowed to use businesses in Arnold. You can only eat at restaurants in Arnold. You can only buy a car from used car lots in Arnold. As a matter of fact, you're not allowed To even leave the city limits of Arnold. Don't you dare try to save money for any reason, if it cost more you need to buy it in Arnold because you are running for office.
Letusnamenames

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Obviously you haven't heard her rants about small business on the council meeting tapes. She should have purchased the signs locally. You are taking it to an extreme. However, with the way she wants the city to do ll business locally, then she should, too.
Question

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Is it wrong for a council member to prefer City of Arnold do business using taxpayer money with businesses who pay taxes in the City of Arnold? Sounds logical to me. Who are you to decide where she personally must spend her money?
Letusnamenames

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

She is running for a city position. She should have supported the city businesses with her purchase trying to get that position. She is a do as I say not as I do type of person.
Vote

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Question wrote:
Is it wrong for a council member to prefer City of Arnold do business using taxpayer money with businesses who pay taxes in the City of Arnold? Sounds logical to me. Who are you to decide where she personally must spend her money?
Ask her if she didn't want the City to use taxpayers money to overpay a local crack sealing company who was more than 5% over the low bid to keep the business local. It must be ok with her to have the CITY buy locally, but she doesn't have to hold herself to the same standards. Seems a bit hypocritical.
Hmmm

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Are you so sure the job done by the out of town company was one to be proud of?
remember when

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Oh my god ...you all snivel over some signs and could care less that the musketeers ...counts,moritz,sweenie,shock ey threaten other councilmen .

Moss was not the first to be threaten. But it does look like he has the nads to do something about it. Good for him!
I'm surprised they didn't backroom threaten doris ...guess they realized it wouldn't work .
Letusnamenames

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

It probably didn't happen to Doris because they don't do it. Post the proof that they did this. It's three against one and all you have is hearsay.
Interesting Point

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Hearsay? Guess you don't read The Leader which ran an article. Talk To Ken Moss who was threatened and was not told why he was taken to the back room. Do your own investigating instead of guessing or not believing someone else. The Leader this week has another eye opener!
Concerned Citizen

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Letusnamenames wrote:
It probably didn't happen to Doris because they don't do it. Post the proof that they did this. It's three against one and all you have is hearsay.
How about in the mayors own words from the Patch on January 3rd this year;

In regard to Moss' comments about what took place during the meeting between him, Moss, Shockey and Sweeney, Counts said, "What kind of ludicrous statement is that? All we did was explain his options. That conversation did not take place."

Counts said he, Shockey and Sweeney explained what had occurred in regard to Boone's claims and gave Moss some options to consider. Counts said the group explained to Moss that he could do nothing, be sanctioned or resign.

"I told him (Moss) that he might want to consider resigning because he's a young guy with a business, and this isn't going to look good," Counts told Patch. "I don't have the power to make him resign. My job was to bring the situation before council."

Additionally, Counts told Patch that after the Sept. 20 meeting, Moss was given the option to make a public apology to Boone, who then would agree to "drop everything."

"He (Moss) refused," Counts said. "He (Moss) needs to man up and take responsibility."

Patch was unable to reach Shockey or Sweeney for comment.
Letusnamenames

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

It says they presented him options, not threatened him.
Obe One

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous must not have graduated from high school. You have poor reasoning skills.
Doris once said that she shops outside the City of Arnold because of the TIFF prices.

Now, that is the way to support the City of Arnold.
Voter

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm wrote:
Are you so sure the job done by the out of town company was one to be proud of?
You miss the point. She uses a double standard. She's hypocritical.
Just The Facts

Lees Summit, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

another voter wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to know their prices maybe you should call them and find out. It's funny others who are running can get theirs locally BUT she can't. She did the same thing when she ran for councilwoman. It's just a real shame, that she can't even support the locals but she wants the locals to support her.
Ole Doris sure has you doing a lot of whineing and slobbering.
Surfer

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Doris For Mayor!!!
Letusnamenames

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Counts for Mayor!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eureka Discussions

Search the Eureka Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 5 min Ssdd 133
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 40 min Muslim in the White House 95,359
Jackie (Aug '12) 6 hr HER OTHER SISTER 14
County Executive 6 hr Doris Borgelt 13
Looking for women of all ages 13 hr curious 3
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 14 hr Diane 6,906
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Mon Claire 265
•••
•••
•••
•••

Eureka Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000