Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Are you even old enough to vote? You sound like someone in grade school.
Surfer

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Go Doris!!!
life long resident

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

I want a mayor who supports this community! And I would think everyone in Arnold would want the same,
BUT it seems Doris wants to support Iowa instead of her own community. Doris why would you get signs made in Iowa when there are several places here in your own community you could purchase them? well with that I think Counts is gonna get my vote. Sorry Doris but going outside of your community is just not what I wanted to see.
Davenport

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Another fine example of the contempt Doris has for Arnold:

Doris purchased election signs from a sign business in Davenport, Iowa.

There are several local sign shops that could have done the job, still Doris fails to buy local. A local purchase keeps dollars and jobs in the local economy.

Arnold needs a mayor that supports local businesses. The obvious choice is Counts.
On the flip side

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

On the flip side, I wonder how many Chinese replacement parts Counts uses over USA built parts? I'll bet it adds up to a lot more than those signs.
Go Counts

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

At least he didn't ride in the Arnold Days parade in an IMPORTED foreign car.
On the flip side

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Go Counts wrote:
What other kind of foreign car is there?
voter

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

If she doesn't support the city with her signs, what else does she not support in our city? We need to support our city as much as you possibly can. And going to Iowa for signs is NOT supporting our city. That's a real shame. I'm sorry I was undecided and that just made me think how she really is I'm gonna have to vote Counts. Thank you for the info on the signs.I hope other people think about that, It is real important.
anonymous

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Go Counts wrote:
So who rode in an imported car?
Kevin

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Who?
Elm hurst il

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Matt Hay, Jerel Poor. Both work together with Doris and are her ardent supporters/followers. They rode together in a Toyota truck. Seems like none of them think of supporting local business or local workers.
Seth Ferrell

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

So since she used a business outside the city to buy signs, does that mean she isn't allowed to eat at a restaurant in another city?

Weak argument people
Voter 2

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Just another SIGN of her hypocrisy.
Elm hurst il

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

If you are going to run for election on a platform that you support local business then the least you can do is patronize a local business to print your campaign signs. It is a pretty strong argument. If you are out of town then of course you have to eat out in that town. However, she disnt stay local even to the St.Louis area, she went to another state to have them printed. That is not supporting local business. Sometimes supporting local costs a little more, however, she should have given them the opportunity to match the price. She didn't even try. Even if they couldn't come down, if you advertise yourself as a big supporter of local business, then you have your signs printed by a local business to show that.
anonymous

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Who are the printers and how much are their signs? Maybe post their rates for the same type signs you see. Compare the three printers, pricing the same product side by side. I want someone who is going to be frugal with taxpayer money and still seek quality.
What is the plan

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

anonymous wrote:
Who are the printers and how much are their signs? Maybe post their rates for the same type signs you see. Compare the three printers, pricing the same product side by side. I want someone who is going to be frugal with taxpayer money and still seek quality.
Sorry you don't matter because you are anonymous! or maybe you are a online clown, like me!

Welcome to the club.....
another voter

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
If you want to know their prices maybe you should call them and find out. It's funny others who are running can get theirs locally BUT she can't. She did the same thing when she ran for councilwoman. It's just a real shame, that she can't even support the locals but she wants the locals to support her.
anonymous

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

it's called capitalism and competition. If a business cannot compete and someone goes elsewhere, that is called capitalism. If you can't compete, too bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eureka Discussions

Search the Eureka Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,002
How many churches does Arnold need? 4 hr Naomi 14
Should Arnold Secede from Jefferson County 4 hr Yes 2
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 7 hr layback 6,894
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 8 hr Suzy Q 100
The Art of White Trash Finances 11 hr Driver 5
Ridgecrest Scandal 12 hr Doris Borgelt 50
•••

Flood Warning for St Louis County was issued at July 10 at 9:50PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••