St. James Students Return To School

St. James Students Return To School

There are 2 comments on the KTVI - Fox2Now.com story from Aug 12, 2010, titled St. James Students Return To School. In it, KTVI - Fox2Now.com reports that:

Students return to St. James high school today for the first day of school, just a week after that deadly bus crash on I-44. The accident killed 15-year-old student, Jessica Brinker and pickup driver, 19-year-old Saniel Schatz.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVI - Fox2Now.com.

what a shame

Centralia, IL

#1 Aug 12, 2010
I was in the tour bus, and I saw the school buses flying by, they were driving way too fast, following too close. What a shame. It is too bad that people have to die because of driver error. There is no reason to be going faster than 70 when traffic is so hectic. My thoughts were, they passed me standing still, and you see what happens when speeding and following too close happens, and the poor young man who just ran into the semi, you know he didn't deserve to die, I thank God that there was not a trailer on that semi, the whole bus would have been killed, and the second bus would have been really really bad. Slow down, hire drivers that their main focus is safety, who cares about saving those couple of minutes to get to six flags, I guarantee you that the parents of the student and the young man wish you would have increased your following distance, slow down please. God Bless all affected.
what a shame

Centralia, IL

#2 Aug 12, 2010
also to mention, when accident reconstruction figures how fast they were going, they will also realize they didn't even hit the brakes, if the speed limit says 60 you might want to go a little slower in traffic you are not consistant at....slow down, increase your following distance, in distress, put your flashers on, if you see lots of red taillights, please put on flashers, so the other folks that are behind you have a chance to slow down so they dont bash into you, so they can get off their cell phone and pay attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you know a Jessica Davis from Arnold? (May '12) Fri Cracra 37
Webb Family (Jun '14) Thu sss 2
Evidence (Apr '14) Mar 23 researchingcandid... 148
is Doris Borgelt a lover of fine wines? (Feb '10) Mar 23 researchingcandid... 41
Rock Fire revenue up 300% from 1998, now going ... Mar 23 ShameontheTattlers 3
con artist beware Mar 21 taht 1
J.m marschuetz (Aug '16) Aug '16 Anonymous 1

Eureka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eureka Mortgages