Redding Candle Light Protest

Posted in the Eureka Forum

RLF

West Tehama County, CA

#1 Jan 6, 2009
Due to Overwhelming Response from this Article~

http://www.redding.com/news/2009/jan/04/huge-...

A candle-light vigil to protest the City of Redding's practice of evicting families from their homes who cannot pay their utility bills on
Tuesday, February 3rd at 7 p.m. in front of City Hall !

"I just wanted to give everyone a progress report and to post the details of our upcoming planning meeting.

I have so far received well over three hundred e-mailed commitments to participate in our candle-light vigil on February 3rd to protest the City's practice of evicting families from their homes for their inability to pay an REU bill.

We have a number of people who are contacting media sources, attorneys, and civil rights organizations around the country. We also have skilled people to design a professional-looking leaflet for this event.

WE WILL BE HOLDING A PLANNING MEETING IN CAULDWELL PARK ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 17th AT 1:00 IN THE AFTERNOON (that's a week from the coming Saturday).

We will meet between Market Street and the Aquatic Center, and attendees will be asked to distribute leaflets to their friends, neighbors, neighborhood businesses, churches, civic clubs, or anything else with which they are involved. We will also work out the logistics of the vigil at that time.

I will be getting in touch with everyone I have contact information for about this meeting (and it appears we will even be blessed with good weather!)

If anyone has any questions, please contact me at reddinghomeless@att.net

Thank you all so much for your interest in addressing this injustice!"

Patrecia Barrett

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tons of Summer Time Fatties 14 hr Trekki 2
Illegal Digging in Missouri (Sep '12) Thu Wicked and Deceitful 41
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Thu Bad Parenting 59
She's PREGNANT May 20 Family Tradition 8
Bayshore Village Apartments May 15 jewboy0725 4
bryan weber (Feb '13) May 14 kids 52
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) May 14 Yup 1,260
More from around the web

Eureka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]