The Conservative Truth: Jefferson County District 3

Posted in the Eureka Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DSH

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Aug 4, 2014
As a resident of Arnold since the age of 6 years old, I have seen this City grow, I am a proud resident of Arnold, and I am glad to see it running in a positive direction. Fox School District, though having recent issues, is still a great Public school district to send your kids to. Enrollment continues to go up, and graduation rates are excellent. Private school enrollment is up as well, indicating that Arnold residents have more disposable income in order to pay the tuition, and make the choice between private or public schooling. Businesses continue to build in Arnold, or expand, in the case of Metal Container Corporation. What disturbs me is the current trend of people who are supposed to represent the citizens of Arnold, either at the local level, or on the County level, instead are pursuing personal interests, or are too busy building their political resume and catering to the special interests or political parties. This was going on in the City of Arnold, and the voters were well heard in the last election, saying no to the likes of Bob Hohmeier and Doris Borgelt, and their supporters. Now it is time to say no to these same elements and their supporters on the County level. This is much more difficult, because people are often misguided by the media. The Arnold Imperial Leader have misled the voters, by endorsing Bob Boyer because they didn't have an interview with his opponent. What they should have done is not endorse anyone. This endorsement by the Leader to me is extremely partisan.

Bob Boyer has lived in Arnold, the district he is running to represent again, only for a few years. He has expressed many times again and again his disdain for the City of Arnold. He was even involved in a lawsuit against the City of Arnold. His naive and misguided views have often led to him making decisions that would ultimately hurt the people who live in his district, instead of representing their interests. His vote to deny a bond offered by the State, which had never in history been denied before, showed his level of disdain for law enforcement. His vote was based on a complaint that he received, mainly from Bob Hohmeier, who has called law enforcement "brown-coat Nazis" using "Gestappo tactics". His "removal" of Mr. Govero from the Port Authority project in Jefferson County only harmed us. And why was it done? Because Mr. Govero did not have a "conservative enough voting record". Mr. Boyer hides behind the Tea Party so he can get the conservative (and primarily Republican) vote. However, he is not Tea Party. His values are Constitutionalist. His 2nd Amendment arguements are not conservative, they are extreme. His anti-government, conspiracy theorist ideas are definately not conservative, they are extreme, and honestly, downright frightening.

Phil Hendrickson has lived in the Arnold area for the majority of his life. Like me, he has seen the region grow, and develop. Arnold and Jefferson County has had it's growing pains, but things are looking positive. Right now we do not need a person in office that has a negative attitude towards the very district they are to be representing. So I ask you, visit Elect Phil Hendrickson on Facebook, and at www.electphilhendrickson.com . It is time for a change, a time for someone willing to cross party lines to get the job done, and someone who will work for you and me, as a true public servant should.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#2 Aug 4, 2014
OMG, you are not really trying to pass yourself off as a conservative, now are you, Dennis? I don't care if Phil Hendrickson lived here for a hundred years, he only ran because Diane Berberich begged him to and lined up the backing for him.
Metal Container Corporation expanded their operations because they are milking taxpayers of $14 Million+ in taxes over the course of 20 years. They are using the tax exempt status of the City of Arnold in order to make purchases for very few additional jobs.
I don't understand why it is OK with you for the City of Arnold to break the very laws it made? The citizens are paying storm water taxes that have been declared ILLEGAL by the Supreme Court of Missouri and instead of stopping collecting them, the greedy city attorney, Bob Sweeney, would rather force a lawsuit instead of doing what is right and has been right all along by putting it to a vote of the people, BECAUSE IT IS A TAX.
The grant was held up because the JCSD had an illegal seat belt safety checkpoint at 7 am on a Monday morning which caught absolutely no drunk drivers(sobriety checkpoints are legal according to the Supreme Court) and garnered 60+ seat belt tickets...income generation. That is not disdain for law enforcement, it is upholding the Constitution of the United States of America.
I consider Dan Govero a friend, but you assigning your take on why he was replaced is only your take, not Bob Boyer's. You really must stop speaking for others Dennis, you don't do it very well.
The TEA party is not a political party. It is your next door neighbor, be it blue collar, white collar, housewife or working women who are tired of the liberal spending of our hard earned tax dollars. Every elected official swears to uphold the Constitutions of the United States and Missouri, the state and local laws and ordinances. Bob does that, when he sees someone who is violating that he makes his case. Just because you think it is OK to promote using tax dollars for private gain, does not make it right. It is not OK to use the people and checkpoints as an income generator for the Sheriff's Department.
You have a lot to learn and I am convinced that Mr. Hendrickson indeed is set on representing a special interest group which already has plenty of it's members embedded in the local political subdivisions.
ArnoldRes

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Aug 4, 2014
Doris Borgelt wrote:
I don't care if Phil Hendrickson lived here for a hundred years, he only ran because Diane Berberich begged him to and lined up the backing for him....
You have a lot to learn and I am convinced that Mr. Hendrickson indeed is set on representing a special interest group which already has plenty of it's members embedded in the local political subdivisions.
You don't care about facts that is obvious!! Once again you are ASSuming you know something about Mr. Hendrickson's motivation for running, but have no facts to support your vitriol. Mr. Hendrickson will represent the people of Jefferson County and has no agenda or ties to any specific group. Your hateful rhetoric is tiring!
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#4 Aug 4, 2014
I certainly hope not!
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#5 Aug 4, 2014
By the way, why don't you ask Diane how her old flame Eric is.....
ArnoldRes

United States

#6 Aug 4, 2014
Doris...are either of those replies directed at my post or are you replying to the voices in your head?
DSH

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Aug 4, 2014
You know, Doris, you are right on one thing...the Tea Party isn't a political party. No...they're much worse. They are a parasite, a cancer of society. I mean, didn't they, including the wonderful Bob Boyer, just a few years ago have a rally with signs at 141 and Jeffco that said "Honk to Impeach Obama"? I remember it, because I gave them the air horn on my Pete, and let them know what I thought.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#8 Aug 4, 2014
Ok, I'll clarify it for you. I certainly hope that Mr. Hendrickson will not be representing the people of Jefferson County. He does most certainly have an agenda and ties to the FBCA, as proven by the monetary support along with other "guidance" he received from Diane Berberich...since you are so close to the aforementioned people, ask how her old flame is...
ArnoldCC

United States

#9 Aug 4, 2014
Doris, you know one of his daughters is on here setting the record straight, right? That makes everything you're saying about him being begged to run and his ties libel.

He wasn't begged to run. If you knew his family you would know why he is running. Too bad you would rather spew lies than get to know the man simply because he is running against your friend Boyer.
ArnoldRes

Arnold, MO

#10 Aug 4, 2014
So I just looked at the campaign finance reports for Hendrickson and Boyer. You have based your entire conspiracy theory regarding Phil off of a single campaign contribution made by the Berberich's. So if that is the case, is Roy Wilde pulling Boyer's strings? Because obviously in order to make a contribution you must be expecting to do them favors? I don't know Roy Wilde, nor am I making any insinuation against, just using him as a contributor to prove a point.

Please continue your baseless, nonsensical rhetoric. The more you talk and the closer you tie yourself to one candidate, the better it looks for the other.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#11 Aug 4, 2014
Well, at least I am confident enough in myself to use my own name. I'm not hiding behind a pseudonym as you are. I do not support your candidate of choice. You do not support mine. I don't really care who you are, if one of the detractors happens to be his daughter, well, then I guess she isn't as proud of her father's ability to do the job as some would lead us to believe. Please continue hiding behind a fake name, due to your baseless, nonsensical rhetoric you are only making you candidate of choice look like he does not promote transparency and prefers to keep everything under wraps. Now I don't have a lot of time to devote to your nonsense, I have to get the good word about the candidates I support out to a few hundred people and unlike you, I will put my name on it.
JCPencil

Festus, MO

#12 Aug 4, 2014
Doris, since you don't mind saying who you are, please enlighten us on the whole lawsuit situation and being told that the city's insurance would no longer cover you. I have never heard your side.
ArnoldRes

Arnold, MO

#13 Aug 4, 2014
A) You have done a great job of taking the DNC approach - when you have no true basis to your argument, you turn to misguided personal attacks.
B) As you have been known to stalk and harass those you oppose, I am not willing to put myself out there at your disposal. That is no reflection on Phil or his family.
C) You should probably check to see if your candidate of choice really wants you to "put your name on it" - your name really worked well for your previous campaign and endorsements.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#14 Aug 4, 2014
You know what? I am proud to be who I am and to do what I do and have done. I can sleep like a log at night knowing I have done the right things and I, unlike some people I can speak from the heart and without fear because I know I am telling the truth, they have to remember every day what lie they told last week, and they are not very good at it. That too was proven week after week in council meetings. I did not lose any insurance, what they said they would no longer cover, they never covered to begin with. You are welcome to look at the policy. I did. So it was on big farce. But, they DID stop coverage for the City Administrator and the City Attorney...but then you didn't catch all that, did you?
I refused to vote to pay Susie Boone because I and everyone on the council knew the report exonerated Mr. Moss. The only thing that didn't was the cover letter written by the "investigator" who doesn't have a street address or a business phone, only a PO Box and was never found to be served his subpoena. But he was able to collect a couple more checks from the City of Arnold! Amazing how that works.
If you are ever interested in the whole truth about the City of Arnold and all of it's various corrupt players, you just let me know, I'd be more than willing to produce any documentation required.
I have found some people, faced with a truth that doesn't agree with the religious buddy they have chosen to follow, choose to ignore the it and believe the lie instead. There is one certain devoted Christian man that I thought would look at the truth and see that it was the truth and examine the proof provided, but he was not interested. So I have yet again lost faith in one who claims to be a godly Christian man who openly prays for truth and embraces lies.....
DSH

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Aug 5, 2014
Irregardless of Doris' spoutings and attempts to distract people from the main issue, if you live in District 3 of Jefferson County, I urge you to vote for common sense in the County, and have your voice and concerns actually be heard, instead of voting for someone more concerned about their "conservative voting record". Always voting conservative doesn't always mean a good thing when you represent an area that may have a good portion of liberal people that you are supposed to be the voice for. Vote for Phil Hendrickson, who pledges to work across party lines to get the job done, bring jobs to Jefferson County, and to stop playing politics with the safety and security of the residents of Jefferson County.
Oh Boy

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Aug 5, 2014
DSH wrote:
Irregardless of Doris' spoutings and attempts to distract people from the main issue, if you live in District 3 of Jefferson County, I urge you to vote for common sense in the County, and have your voice and concerns actually be heard, instead of voting for someone more concerned about their "conservative voting record". Always voting conservative doesn't always mean a good thing when you represent an area that may have a good portion of liberal people that you are supposed to be the voice for. Vote for Phil Hendrickson, who pledges to work across party lines to get the job done, bring jobs to Jefferson County, and to stop playing politics with the safety and security of the residents of Jefferson County.
I really don't care for your tea party political jibberish. It makes you sound like a nut or a true circle swirling politician.
But allow me to ask this. Does your P Hendrickson agree with pulling citizens over at 7 am for a crazy road block on mon. mornings while folks are trying to get to work?
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#18 Aug 5, 2014
DSH wrote:
Yet another example of Dennis' lack of reading skills...there have been plenty of jobs and growth in Jefferson County, it exceeds that of the City of Arnold. So making sure things are done legally and lawfully is probably a good thing. Saving taxpayers money, that is a good thing too. Being fiscally responsible and not putting the county in the poorhouse are qualities I admire in Bob Boyer.
DSH

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Aug 5, 2014
Is it really that crazy? Where is the roadblock at? Maybe near a school?
Oh Boy

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Aug 5, 2014
DSH wrote:
Is it really that crazy? Where is the roadblock at? Maybe near a school?
Yes, when you start talking your political crap you sound nuts...just sayin

Do they block the road when having sobriety checkpoints or in this 7 am safety check? Yes I believe they do! Does that make it clearer for you?

so again
Does your P Hendrickson agree with pulling citizens over at 7 am for a crazy road block (safety check) on mon. mornings while folks are trying to get to work?
amish able

Marshfield, MO

#21 Aug 5, 2014
Charles dooley will be available soon he can go to work for Arnold that want a bee like st Louis county

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Helicopter at heads creek church?? (Jun '13) 10 hr Neighbors From Hell 12
bryan weber (Feb '13) Tue captain schmuck 66
Jefferson County Allows Child Abuse! (Nov '12) Jul 24 Back Again 8
Who Are You Voting For Trump or Clinton Jul 24 Health Issues 24
Illegal Digging in Missouri (Sep '12) Jul 23 Perverted Games 168
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Jul 23 She Sucks 208
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Jul 23 Just Saying 1,480

Eureka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eureka Mortgages