Unpaid Taxes vs. Bankruptcy

Unpaid Taxes vs. Bankruptcy

Posted in the Eureka Forum

Penelope

Laguna Niguel, CA

#1 Oct 7, 2013
Which in your opinion is worse when city officials are involved, unpaid personal property taxes, real estate taxes or bankruptcy?
thinking

Imperial, MO

#2 Oct 7, 2013
Penelope wrote:
Which in your opinion is worse when city officials are involved, unpaid personal property taxes, real estate taxes or bankruptcy?
Ive been thinking about this for awhile. People fall on hard times and especially in the past few years we've been going through. I think laws need to be followed. I'm not so sure it's my problem to dig up every little piece of personal info I can on a person. A lot can go into a person's financial status. Market investments, job losses, spouses jobs, spouses choices. I think most have skeletons in their closets of some sort. But, does it make us feel good to dig up every piece of dirt on everyone?

How people handle their personal finances doesn't mean they are not going to be responsible for other finances. That's like saying your kids behave the same way for everybody. They don't. Most behave better when others besides their parents.

So personal finances aside, I want someone that acts in the best way for the community. I want people to be treated and play on the same level. What's good for one should be good for all. On a side note, I don't think it's the law anymore that taxes have to be paid to run for an election. I could be wrong but I thought something was just passed about this.
Arnold Granny

Arnold, MO

#3 Oct 7, 2013
What a thoughtful comment! Sadly everyone isn't as compassionate as you.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#4 Oct 7, 2013
Amen Arnold Granny!

Some people on here spend so much time digging up dirt that I wonder how they have any time for their families. What is the thrill of having dirt on someone? I think they do it because it makes them feel like they are powerful or to make them feel better than someone else. What is funny is that some of them are just as guilty of doing what they accuse the others of doing.
DSH

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Oct 8, 2013
I do know that today, if have a bankruptcy on your credit, or a bad credit score, it can affect your security clearance, because it's an indicator that you may be more inclined to sell secrets for money.

But politically, I don't think it really has much bearing, it's just political dirt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Thu Flying Pigs 81
Why do people in trailer parks (Mar '09) Aug 25 Cancer Every Where 42
John Griggs Aug 23 DOC 2
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Aug 23 showman 1,289
Illegal Digging in Missouri (Sep '12) Aug 22 Check Fraud 63
Paintball Field Planned in House Springs (Jan '15) Aug 21 Zip Line Questions 12
Obssession Aug 21 Why Bother 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eureka Mortgages