Wildfire Breaks Out Near Six Flags

Full story: Fox2Now

A two alarm brush fire is burning in Eureka's Greensfelder Park, adjacent to Six Flags.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Apr 15, 2010
jennifer kazchi

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

yikes hope it doesnt reach sixflags cause im suppose to go to sixflags this weekend!
Dana

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Are the Greensfelder Stables and horses OK?
jeremie

Eureka, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

the fire was no where near the stables. I came across the fire while bike riding there and the fire dept had it under control.
Judy W

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

I hope it doesn't go as far as the Yogi Bear Jellystone Park property out by Six Flags. Our two kids would be heartbroken That's our familys favorite weekend getaway! Such a nice, fun family place.
Judy

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Does anyone know if the Jellystone Park Resort was affected? My own family loves that place. We go there a couple times a year. It would be a big loss if it burned down.
wake up

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

EUREKA, MO (KTVI - FOX2now.com )- A massive brush fire was raging right next to Six Flags in Eureka Wednesday afternoon and into the evening. Firefighters raced to stop it before it could reach the amusement park. They were still checking on flareups after dark at the 8-10 acre fire scene in Greensfelder Park near the Eureka/Wildwood city limits.

EUREKA IS NOT "WILDWOOD" EUREKA IS EUREKA AND ALWAYS WILL BE EUREKA.
wake up

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Judy wrote:
Does anyone know if the Jellystone Park Resort was affected? My own family loves that place. We go there a couple times a year. It would be a big loss if it burned down.
No, Jellystone Park was not affected.
Joe Momma

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

wake up yourself. Greensfelder Park is entirely within Wildwood city limits. Eureka is adjacent to Wildwood. The reporter stated that the fire was on the Eureka-Wildwood border, but it had crossed into Six Flags property, which is in Eureka.

I was there right after the Fire Dept left and the fire was not "massive", but could've been huge if not for the work of the fire crews.

I am the mountain biker who told them the fire was not out, so they sent the crew back in. We saw several logs burning with flames about 1 foot high.

Only underbrush and dead logs really burned. It never got hot enough to kill the mature trees. The wind was actually blowing everything away from Six Flags, so it was never really threatened.

This is several miles from Jellystone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 6 min REAL AMERICAN PAT... 97,009
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 21 min That Girl 53 1,763
Fantasy vs Reality 53 min Doris Borgelt 1
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 4 hr neveratfault 223
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 10 hr Eileen 278
where is Lynn messer 14 hr seriously where i... 1
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 15 hr i kno 327
•••

Air Quality Alert for St Louis County was issued at August 28 at 11:19AM CDT

•••
•••

Eureka Jobs

•••