Christian rock band's bus crashes, killing 2; band to play at W...

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Christian rock band MercyMe canceled a show Saturday in the St. Louis area after its tour bus collided with a car in northeastern Indiana, killing two passengers in the car and the pregnant car driver's unborn baby.
Comments
1 - 20 of 48 Comments Last updated Sep 10, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bill Hicks

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

6

5

4

Wow, the irony.

It is 'god's' will right!?
Out smoking

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Where was Jesus?
Sampson3

New Richmond, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

4

4

2

God does not will people to die, he allows it. People will find him through their grief. and "out smoking" Jesus was there to bring them home, Look for him and you may be enlightened.
no problemo chief

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Out smoking wrote:
Where was Jesus?
hey don't sweat it. Most people, from all walks of life, are damned anyway
Bill Hicks

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I AM THE WALRUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Every living thing dies sooner or later, dumb ****! And with any luck, it'll be sooner for you!
Well, that's not very christian of you!
Bill Hicks

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 8, 2009
 
Silly argument there

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

Sampson3 wrote:
God does not will people to die, he allows it.
And is omnipotent! So.... Wait.... Huh? Did you think this through?
neither here nor there

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

4

2

1

where is your god now?
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

neither here nor there wrote:
where is your god now?
You see why liberals are so thoroughly despised by most decent people? You have no common decency.
Red

Avon, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

6

1

1

2 people are dead and the usual suspects that claim to be so tolerant, can find nothing but hateful things to say.
Arrogant American

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

1

neither here nor there wrote:
where is your god now?
You have to ask? Nobody on the bus was hurt, thanks to their God.
p t bull

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

5

Bill Hicks wrote:
Wow, the irony.
It is 'god's' will right!?

So full of hate.
p t bull

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Bob the Bilderberg wrote:
<quoted text>
You see why liberals are so thoroughly despised by most decent people? You have no common decency.

Its almost breathtaking how crass they can be--and to think they feel their liberalism puts them on a moral pedestal. Now there is the irony...
ISRW

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

p t bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Its almost breathtaking how crass they can be--and to think they feel their liberalism puts them on a moral pedestal. Now there is the irony...
"Breathtaking":

* Palin imagined "death panels" to be created by Obama's health care package; and
* then claimed those panels might well have ended the life of her son Trig; which
* led her to make this "evil" claim.

What metaphor can we use to describe this wildly spinning (and I mean that in the political sense) variation on the echo chamber? We're talking about a public figure who's chaining together grotesque fantasies in order to claim that the political opposition wants to kill her children.

A while ago the comparison to Elmer Gantry started to come clear with this woman. She's going to end by burning down the temple her supporters are erecting for her.
Big D

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

2

neither here nor there wrote:
where is your god now?
Pretty sure, God isn't a "puppet-master". We all have free will to drive as we choose. You could go out and ram your car into a tree at 90mph, per your choice. It doesn't mean that God ever intended you to drive your car like that. It's a freedom, not a control.
Big D

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

ISRW wrote:
<quoted text>
"Breathtaking":
* Palin imagined "death panels" to be created by Obama's health care package; and
* then claimed those panels might well have ended the life of her son Trig; which
* led her to make this "evil" claim.
What metaphor can we use to describe this wildly spinning (and I mean that in the political sense) variation on the echo chamber? We're talking about a public figure who's chaining together grotesque fantasies in order to claim that the political opposition wants to kill her children.
A while ago the comparison to Elmer Gantry started to come clear with this woman. She's going to end by burning down the temple her supporters are erecting for her.
Did you take your meds tonight? "....variation on the echo chamber." ???
Bunk

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

I'm sure everyone on the bus got off, looked at the dead people and said, "I guess it was their time to go."
Predictable

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

7

4

2

I knew before I even clicked on this story that there would be ignorant comments. Two people and an unborn child have died, and all people care about is broadcasting their hate for God. What, no condolences for the families? Then again, respect is so yesterday.

My heart goes out to the families of the victims.
Red

Avon, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

Predictable wrote:
I knew before I even clicked on this story that there would be ignorant comments. Two people and an unborn child have died, and all people care about is broadcasting their hate for God. What, no condolences for the families? Then again, respect is so yesterday.
My heart goes out to the families of the victims.
Well said. Sad isn't it.
Miss Kitty

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 8, 2009
 

Judged:

4

2

1

It is a terrible thing for some to make light of this tragedy. Bad things happen to good people all the time, and to make jest of it is so very unChristian. If you don't believe in a higher power that's fine, but do you not realize these deaths caused great anguish? To add to that pain is evil, and I guess if you believe in good, then you must also believe in evil.

These lives being lost may not be a decision by God, but by Satan. He is walking this earth, and causing more pain than anything else. Please, even if you do not believe in God, or satan? You could at least have some compassion for those who have lost their loved ones. My heart goes out to them, and their familes, and I hope God will give them the strength to carry on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for St Louis County was issued at August 20 at 3:33PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Eureka Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Eureka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Eureka News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Eureka
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••