Comments
1 - 20 of 302 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 14
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Pete

Concord, CA

#1 May 10, 2011
Last night I was finishing my walk at the bird sanctuary when I went to my bike at about 1/2 an hour and found it with both tires gone as well as all the tire repair gear.
Andys Band

Santa Rosa, CA

#2 May 11, 2011
I can see why Arcata's gone down hill over the past 20 years. The Arcata City Hall is a friggen joke, bums and thieves everywhere as well as massive drugs and meth on the street. Christ they have hookers now hanging out at the bars and H.S.U. parties. I actually bought a pistol because my neighbor has had four break ins over the past five years. We're out of here as soon as the economy pics up, soon I hope.
J Dad

United States

#3 May 12, 2011
So sad, so sad. Arcata used to be such a cool place to settle down and have children but the city has rapidly spin down in the last 15 years to just another tweekers and bums from all over the west coast. Yes, my family is moving out to Idaho far away from Humboldt.
Craig

Berkeley, CA

#4 May 12, 2011
Yeah it's real bad alright but that is what the honest citizens want otherwise they would raise hell with the city council and law enforcement. They can fix all the problems but they don't want to get involved and maybe offend a smelly scumbag even by accident.

Live with it Arcata, you earned it all so you get no sympathy from the rest of us and we all know when it really started, it began with that stupid chicken foot stuck out of the ground on 101, yeah that long ago!
Mikey 707

Santa Rosa, CA

#5 May 13, 2011
Sad that Arcata has become no different than Eureka or Oakland. Arcata is nothing to brag about, only vagrents, criminal, and bums. Buy a gun if you are moving up here.
Trippy Toad

United States

#6 May 13, 2011
We moved away to SF and I'll never go up to Arcata any more. Most of my friends also were driven out of town because of bums and drugs have exploded bringing all the criminals up. I left in 1992.
Kickback36

United States

#7 May 13, 2011
I went fishing up at Klamath once and we stopped to get some minor gear at the plaza in Arcata. We were in the shop for 10 minutes and coming out to the car,I noticed the drivers door was open and the cell phone was gone. I wont stop there again.
GT Bikes

United States

#8 May 15, 2011
Arcata is the shitoodle of nothing but theft and bums everywhere.
Nell G

United States

#9 May 18, 2011
Losers stay up there above Eureka, there's going to be free meth on the county's paychecks.
CEO TECH

United States

#10 May 22, 2011
I smell the dirt heads all the way here in Phili from Arcata. Dirtbag royalty can eat sh##.
ekarider

San Francisco, CA

#11 May 23, 2011
Pete wrote:
Last night I was finishing my walk at the bird sanctuary when I went to my bike at about 1/2 an hour and found it with both tires gone as well as all the tire repair gear.
This can happen anywhere, not just Arcata. Most urban cyclist that I'm in contact with, use two different forms of locks, usually a strong U lock(frame)and cable lock(wheels),they also make bike accessories easily removable.

In addition, you can possibly purchase a cheap beater bike, when leaving your bike unattended in vulnerable areas, along with the locks to help deter theft.

HayHaw

San Jose, CA

#12 May 23, 2011
I find it nice here, could be worse. I'd rather live here than meth-infested Eureka.
Ashley

United States

#13 May 23, 2011
HayHaw wrote:
I find it nice here, could be worse. I'd rather live here than meth-infested Eureka.
Open your eyes and look around. There's speed everywhere in Arcata and it's getting really really bad. The growers aren't reporting their neighbors primarily because THEY don't want to get busted or stolen with their own pot. Crime is 1000% up the past eight or so years.
HayHaw

San Jose, CA

#14 May 23, 2011
I haven't noticed. I'm going to go walk around the plaza for a bit. I'll let you know what I find. I'm from a small town in Missouri. The meth problem here isn't that bad... But meth, nonetheless, is disgusting and it saddens me to hear that Arcata is having a problem with it.
Special Ed

Condon, OR

#15 May 23, 2011
Arcata is a good sanctuary city for special needs people that need their medication.
Carl Williams

United States

#16 May 25, 2011
Special Ed wrote:
Arcata is a good sanctuary city for special needs people that need their medication.
My boot is what the bums deserve, right upside their head, in their back, stomp on their head, knock some teeth out, and take their meth and belongings and burn them. Come near my property you'll be next.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Arcatean

Eureka, CA

#17 May 30, 2011
During my sister and brother-in-laws visit I took them to dinner on the plaza. We had to park by the Bank of America and walk to the Jacoby building. I was embarrassed taking them to the Plaza. Nasty dirty people panhandling. Dog shit on the sidewalk. Stares and looks as if we were the weird ones. Very unpleasant. It is unfortunate they are taking over the Plaza especially in the early evenings. After dinner we drove to the CO-OP to buy some ice cream. They entryway to the store was littered with transients. Didn't even get out of the car. We drove to Old Town Eureka. The Plaza has become a cesspool of transients with attitudes. I will attend the Farmer's Market, but for that, I will not go to the Plaza again. We live in a free (most times) country, but we also have a responsibility as citizens. The Plaza people think only of the first part.
French Horn

United States

#18 May 30, 2011
Don't go to Arcata or Eureka any more it's not worth it.
eeeeek

United States

#19 May 30, 2011
Carl Williams wrote:
<quoted text>
My boot is what the bums deserve, right upside their head, in their back, stomp on their head, knock some teeth out, and take their meth and belongings and burn them. Come near my property you'll be next.
innit funny? i is on my way to yo place baby. when i is done mopping your own floor with ya, issa gonna steal yo gunns. funny, innit?
Kwek101

United States

#20 May 30, 2011
"The preceding comment is brought to you by 'Meth Outlet' where you can cash in directly for speed!
eeeeek wrote:
<quoted text>innit funny? i is on my way to yo place baby. when i is done mopping your own floor with ya, issa gonna steal yo gunns. funny, innit?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr KiMare 200,607
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr Brett Weir 15,965
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr Duh 5,015
VA adds three more diseases to Agent Orange 'pr... (Nov '09) 11 hr meathead01 34
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 14 hr napalmers 7,933
TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) Sat faithdaboss90 207
Debate: Health Care - Eureka, CA (Sep '09) Fri Sgt Christopher M... 30
•••
•••
•••

Eureka Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Eureka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••