A&E Pot City, USA Humboldt County Mon...

A&E Pot City, USA Humboldt County Mon 6pm

Posted in the Eureka Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sgt Frank

Alameda, CA

#1 Oct 18, 2009
Law Enforcement officers in HumCo bust cannabis outdoor growers and indoor growers.

Monday Night 6pm A&E
Oslumlorda

United States

#2 Oct 18, 2009
Is that available on an internet stream?
Humboldt revenue

Santa Rosa, CA

#3 Oct 18, 2009
Marijuana is a wonder drug for people suffering from cancer. No one ever over-dosed from smoking marijuana, legalize it. It's organic, better that alcohol. It's been used medically for centuries. Most European countries don't have an issue with it. We Americans worry it will lead to other drugs, yet it's ok to have a couple beers and drive home. Perfectly acceptable, right? Wrong. What are we afraid of? We give loads of toxins to cancer patients daily, a dose of marijuana not only eases nausea/vomiting but also relaxes the patient and it's organic. Seems the nation has it's priorities backwards.
Want a real drug problem to tackle, tackle the scum-bags that sell meth/heroin/prescription drugs. Someone sold methadone to a young couple recently, just for few bucks, not knowing the danger the young man died, found by his live in girlfriend that following morning, turns out it came from his sister, she sold it to him and to many other young adults in the Eureka area. But nothing is investigated, why? It's not in the DA's neighborhood. A person died, they know where it came from, but nothing, yeah lets worry about marijuana. No one ever over-dosed from marijuana..
Get Real

Concord, CA

#4 Oct 18, 2009
It's not organic! They use gobs and gobs of fertilizer, ruin the soil and destroy natural parks
blueeyedsweetie

Glenolden, PA

#5 Oct 19, 2009
are u retard it is organic it can grow natural but if u use fertilizer it makes better buds i am sick with a very rare auto immune disorder if i didnt get to smoke i wouldnt eat or sleep im a professional and i also am a activist to decriminalize it also if the da would stop raiding everyone u would never know it was in our national parks so before you go making assumtions please do some research!!!
blueeyedsweetie

Glenolden, PA

#6 Oct 19, 2009
also this year alone we have had so many deaths from herion and i agree humbolt there are more important drugs to fight then this one or is the goverment just mking money of those???
A B C etc

Chengdu, China

#7 Oct 19, 2009
Humboldt revenue "Most European countries don't have an issue with it."

Oh really? What Euro countries fit your most label? Is this your personal experience gained from Euro travel?
Other than Denmark most of them will put your sorry druggie butt in jail
and forget about you for a while.
Gumshoe

United States

#8 Oct 19, 2009
A B C etc wrote:
Humboldt revenue "Most European countries don't have an issue with it."
Oh really? What Euro countries fit your most label? Is this your personal experience gained from Euro travel?
Other than Denmark most of them will put your sorry druggie butt in jail
and forget about you for a while.
Hey I thought the Chinese Government took away everybody's access to the International Internet. You must be one of those Communist Government paid Trolls that tries to sway public opinion against the ideals your Government dissapproves of. Am I wrong? Are you not a Chinese Government employee? What business is this discussion to you? Seriously? One minute our country is about to go to war with you, then you want to partake in our discussions and buy our Treasury Bonds.
Beavis and Butthead

Alameda, CA

#9 Oct 19, 2009
Like how do we roll the joint when it's on the tv? I can't figure that part out?
yort

Waunakee, WI

#10 Oct 19, 2009
haha destroys the parks with fertalizer...im pretty sure they already put fertalizer all over that park, and the hundreds of thousands of home owners that put it on there lawn a few times a year. Prohibition didnt work with alcohol, and they figured out that you could make money by selling it to willing consumers. why do they still think that pot prohibition still works even though it doesnt. wasting tax payer money to put a pot head in jail is stupid, and you let the pedos go free.
Wonderz

Eureka, CA

#11 Oct 19, 2009
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/19/medica...

Just as I've been saying; the feds will bow to the will of the states. This is a great development.
RPM

Smithton, IL

#12 Oct 19, 2009
Anyone else think this "documentary" was more than a little one-sided??? If the federal gov't would just legalize cannabis, you wouldn't have people with $2000 power bills, because they'd be using the natural power of the sun. You also wouldn't have house fires, also due to the plants being grown outside, where they should naturally be growing! My home state (Iowa) has plenty of wide open space which, seasonally, would be a great place to grow cannabis outside. Maybe someday it will be grown here again, but I'm afraid it won't happen in my lifetime... Meredith Viera should be ashamed for narrating this one-sided piece of crap.
supporter from Iowa 2

Columbia, MO

#13 Oct 19, 2009
It needs to be legal, so much money is wasted trying to eradicate good bud and hemp. Which it is completely beyond me why so much money is spent on getting rid of hemp, I mean seriously our government sent hemp seeds to farmers after one of the world wars to grow. That is why we have so much "ditch weed" growing around IOWA and everywhere else. And talking about using fertilizers, I'm from Iowa there’s probably more fertilizers put on one acre of corn here then in a entire national park out in Cali from growers. I would rather see hemp grown for use in our "greener fuels" than corn and the good stuff for patients and recreational users. The drug war on pot is a big waste of time and money.
dudleydoright

San Francisco, CA

#14 Oct 19, 2009
Just an observation: I've seen my neighbor stare at his lawn for 5 minutes,in total awe. If he parks his car in the wrong direction on the street when he comes home...guess what...next morning he tries to get in on the passenger side. He is a doper of 30+ years. This stuff must be good for the brain.He is a slo-mo fool.Almost like he has had a partial lobotomy. But..... I must admit, we as neighbors have had quite a few really hysterical laughs at his dopey foggy brained antics.
Claude DeMoss

San Jose, CA

#15 Oct 19, 2009
Legalize pot - Take the profit out of illegal growing - Tax it!
C. DeMoss
Former Police Officer
A B C etc

Chengdu, China

#16 Oct 20, 2009
Gumshoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I thought the Chinese Government took away everybody's access to the International Internet. You must be one of those Communist Government paid Trolls that tries to sway public opinion against the ideals your Government dissapproves of. Am I wrong? Are you not a Chinese Government employee? What business is this discussion to you? Seriously? One minute our country is about to go to war with you, then you want to partake in our discussions and buy our Treasury Bonds.

I doubt you could find China on a map. I used to live in Hum country and still check in every now & then.
Not all internet is censored. Too bad you are to dumb to realize it.

China will be the next #1 economic world power by 1012 or 13. This is a fact based on all economic studies going on.
One of the reasons why is the USA is doing a very large amount of business here and most of that money does not return to the US.
They have over 1.5 billion people and are adding more every day.

BTW who are you to say who can come on a post? Are you a comrade that censors who can participate?
Viva La Mexico

United States

#17 Oct 20, 2009
A B C etc wrote:
<quoted text>
China will be the next #1 economic world power by 1012 or 13. This is a fact based on all economic studies going on.
One of the reasons why is the USA is doing a very large amount of business here and most of that money does not return to the US.
They have over 1.5 billion people and are adding more every day.
I'm glad you see the same problems I see. Have fun with your Chinese made Fords. I always hated them anyway. You are a nation of butchers who have no concept of Freedom within you borders.
A B C etc

Chengdu, China

#18 Oct 20, 2009
Viva La Mexico wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you see the same problems I see. Have fun with your Chinese made Fords. I always hated them anyway. You are a nation of butchers who have no concept of Freedom within you borders.
Well 1st I'm American, 2nd we are doing a pretty good job of butchering people as well, 3rd I drive Lexus and one of the best selling cars here is the Buick and now the big
4th though they are what they are politically the people in general have a lot more freedom than most other countries know
about. Granted not quite as much as us but they do get around.
Chuck

Chesapeake, VA

#19 Oct 20, 2009
I watched the "Pot City USA" documentary last night on A&E. I couldn't believe the damages that the growers would do to the homes they would rent. I am studying to become an electrician and the one thing that I wondered most was how does all of this work go into a house without someone realizing the construction is being done and why do they not call the city/county to stop them from literally destroying these homes. When anyone does work to a house, especially that much work being done, a permit is necessary to be pulled and the construction cannot be completed without an inspection (this alone would solve the troubles with fires). Furthermore a commercial grow should never be done in a residential area, for the same reason nothing else that is "commercial" is being done in residential areas. I agree with the locals who lived there for years/decades and are complaining about the crime, smells, fires, and just all around danger. What I believe should be the answer is to literally commercialize the grows so they are allowed to rent out a large commercial office space/warehouse and then they can use a higher voltage to power there lamps and other equipment (which in turn will not use as much energy) plus they shall then hire a licensed electrician, plumber, and mechanical contractor to install the work it takes to undergo a commercial grow in a proper fashion (which will in turn stimulate the economy). I also believe that in order to undergo a commercial grow just like with any other profession the person should have to take classes and get a certification so he/she understands what they are doing and how they should do it in order to obey by the state law. Then the law can limit the amount of plants allowed by the resident of the county and then separately regulate the commercial growers (ex. 15 plants residential/100 plans commercial). Then if someone gets caught with commercial grows in a residential area, take there assets and fine them. These commercial grows in residential areas are going to ruin what has finally gotten some grounds, marijuana reform.
yOU WOULDNT BELIEVE ME

Anaheim, CA

#20 Oct 20, 2009
BUT AN "OFFICIAL" interviewed on that program used to grow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Forensic scientists say Dickson case is priority (Aug '08) Fri Darth 17
News Armenian organized crime grows more complex (Oct '10) Thu painterdavegln 811
News Hash receives 11 years in prison (Jan '09) Jan 17 Debbie 87
News Bigfoot is not at all imaginary for many inland... (May '09) Jan 16 Callme TRUMP 69
News Glendale approves Korean 'comfort woman' statue... (Jul '13) Jan 16 Hongdae Hunk 77
News Arcata man arrested after police recover missin... (Jul '08) Jan 13 Hogan68 22
JoAnns FAbric & Craft Store-Cheats Employees (Jun '07) Jan 10 Jae 384

Eureka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eureka Mortgages