Should Humboldt Eagles Baseball be re...

Should Humboldt Eagles Baseball be resurrected?

Created by Chuck Sonnenberg on Jul 30, 2008

566 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes, as the main Legion team

Yes, in some competitive form

Yes, as a Connie Mack team

Yes, as a USSSA travel team

No, keep Legion strucure as is

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Chuck Sonnenberg

Pittsburg, CA

#1 Aug 1, 2008
Vote

Since: Jun 08

Willow Creek, Ca

#2 Aug 2, 2008
Join the 21st century and the rest of California.
Chuck Sonnenberg

Pittsburg, CA

#3 Aug 3, 2008
VOTE
Apple Seed

United States

#4 Aug 4, 2008
Nobody gives a shat. All of the baseball posts on this site are done by about 6 different people with 50 posts each, and then most of it gets into name calling.(This coach sucks; this player could have gone pro; I was offered a D-1 scholarship/No you weren't; Ted's kids sucked/Ted's kids were OK; Ted is the antichrist) Get it? You, Ted Sillanpaa, Eric Nelson. Its more like instant messaging. I'll wrap it up for you in a nutshell:

The Eagles aren't coming back; that bird has flown.

Connie Mack...not a prayer.

Most people can't afford USSA. Its not realistic.

Time to move on. Bigger fish to fry. Demographics have changed. You can't go home again, etc, etc, etc.
Chuck Sonnenberg

Pittsburg, CA

#5 Aug 4, 2008
Funny, the poll seems to say otherwise....
Vern

Brookings, OR

#6 Aug 4, 2008
The Eagles should be brought back as soon as possible. Not in 10 years, 5 years, or few years, but NEXT YEAR. There are far too many baseball players in our area that are outstanding players no matter who you put them up against, yet most of them never get any exposure unless they go onto college and play ball. The Eagles would give them that exposure, give them their shot at getting looked at, maybe even generate a scholarship offer or two for a kid that wasn't even considering going to school, or for the kid that has to go to work immediately upon high school graduation. The Eagles were a good thing and if they were brought back they would bring great pleasure to the players, the local communities, and anyone on the north coast that misses watching the area's best take on great talent from afar and show them how the game was meant to be played.

Bring em back...
Sara Light

Eureka, CA

#7 Aug 4, 2008
Apple Seed wrote:
Nobody gives a shat. All of the baseball posts on this site are done by about 6 different people with 50 posts each, and then most of it gets into name calling.
Thank you for that! highest truth!
Chuck Sonnenberg

Pittsburg, CA

#8 Aug 4, 2008
Chuck Sonnenberg

Pittsburg, CA

#9 Aug 5, 2008
To Scott St. John, Dale Del Grande, and the rest of the Legion coaches in Humboldt and Del Norte Counties.....

Why don't you guys get together and work it out so the best kids can play together. Although it was competitive at the District Tournament, you haven't had a team get past the Area Tournament.

If you put all of those kids on the same team, marginal players are going to get better because of the competition on the team. When you go to tournaments like the Area Tournament, your pitching, defense, and offensive weaknesses don't get exploited as your 5 through 9 hitters now can be a difference in the game and the team has more pitching and defense. There is no reason that a team compiled with all of those players couldn't have competed with Fairfield for the chance to play in Yountville.

The Eagles left in 1997. CR has sucked since 1997. Enough said. Do us all a favor so we can enjoy good competition again at all levels...

Put the best interest of those kids in front of the egos that keep it from happening. It doesn't matter what brand it is, just give them an opportunity to play against better competition.
nobody

United States

#10 Aug 5, 2008
Chuck Sonnenberg wrote:
To Scott St. John, Dale Del Grande, and the rest of the Legion coaches in Humboldt and Del Norte Counties.....
Why don't you guys get together and work it out so the best kids can play together. Although it was competitive at the District Tournament, you haven't had a team get past the Area Tournament.
If you put all of those kids on the same team, marginal players are going to get better because of the competition on the team. When you go to tournaments like the Area Tournament, your pitching, defense, and offensive weaknesses don't get exploited as your 5 through 9 hitters now can be a difference in the game and the team has more pitching and defense. There is no reason that a team compiled with all of those players couldn't have competed with Fairfield for the chance to play in Yountville.
The Eagles left in 1997. CR has sucked since 1997. Enough said. Do us all a favor so we can enjoy good competition again at all levels...
Put the best interest of those kids in front of the egos that keep it from happening. It doesn't matter what brand it is, just give them an opportunity to play against better competition.
CR has sucked a lot longer than that

Since: Jun 08

Willow Creek, Ca

#11 Aug 5, 2008
Indeed. But before 1997 they had a few years they were above .500. All in all, they've been the pits.
Slider

United States

#12 Aug 5, 2008
Best team ever. 1968 Eureka Post 212, only legion team from Humboldt County to win the California State Legion Title

Since: Jun 08

Willow Creek, Ca

#13 Aug 5, 2008
Slider wrote:
Best team ever. 1968 Eureka Post 212, only legion team from Humboldt County to win the California State Legion Title
I agree 100%.
Im with nobody

Arcata, CA

#14 Aug 5, 2008
Micky Mantle,Willie Mays,Roger Maris,Hank Aaron,Al Kaline and Bob Gibson were still playing in 1968. Casey Stengal was still coaching.In 1974 George Steinbrenner bought the Yanks for less than A-Rod makes in 2 months now.The NBA had 10 teams.Soccer was not a high school sport. Gasoline was $.39 a gallon.No cable TV-No video games-No cell phones
There was no fall ball in 1968?
THE POINT -- TIMES HAVE CHANGE
But through it all baseball is alive and well in Humboldt & Del Norte counties.
Thank you : To all the coaches,players,parents,fans,u mpires,sponsors and vendors who make North Coast baseball the success that it has become.
A special shout out to Rudy at EBR,thanks for Fall ball. Talk is cheap & action speaks louder than words!
Chuck Sonnenberg

Pittsburg, CA

#15 Aug 5, 2008
Im with nobody wrote:
Micky Mantle,Willie Mays,Roger Maris,Hank Aaron,Al Kaline and Bob Gibson were still playing in 1968. Casey Stengal was still coaching.In 1974 George Steinbrenner bought the Yanks for less than A-Rod makes in 2 months now.The NBA had 10 teams.Soccer was not a high school sport. Gasoline was $.39 a gallon.No cable TV-No video games-No cell phones
There was no fall ball in 1968?
THE POINT -- TIMES HAVE CHANGE
But through it all baseball is alive and well in Humboldt & Del Norte counties.
Thank you : To all the coaches,players,parents,fans,u mpires,sponsors and vendors who make North Coast baseball the success that it has become.
A special shout out to Rudy at EBR,thanks for Fall ball. Talk is cheap & action speaks louder than words!
What is your definition of alive and well? Successful?
TMontana

Amity, OR

#16 Aug 5, 2008
For sure, Mane.
Chuck Sonnenberg

Pittsburg, CA

#17 Aug 5, 2008
Here is an update on the American Legion State Finals.....

http://www.napavalleyregister.com/articles/20...
Sammy Kao

United States

#18 Aug 9, 2008
American Legion sucks the way it is. Bring the Eagles back!!!!
Yogi Says

Arcata, CA

#19 Aug 9, 2008
Success is in the eye of the beholder.
St B. & Arcata in section championship games.
Hoopa & South Fork just fielding teams.
Del Norte joining Legion league-again.
Crabs,Steelheads and Eels.

Many kids playing college ball.

Google Japanese high school baseball to see the new face baseball worldwide.
Ted Sillanpaa

United States

#21 Aug 9, 2008
Appleseed...Hey, do you think I slept with your sister or your mom or something? I don't have a thing to do with this poll...but, then again, you think I'm important enough for you to START a poll about ME...so, yeah, somebody's still grinding his teeth about missing high school or about the adult life that didn't turn out like he wanted.

And, my kids? Dude...I never say, "Get a life," but you might consider it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: The Campbell Center Sat CAMPBELL CENTER G... 60
News Eureka Police arrest two in Union Street bust (Jun '10) Sep 21 HatezGamez 25
Reggie Sep 17 Reggie 1
US Bank - Devastating Experience Sep 12 Anonymous 2
News 24-year-old Eureka native reported missing Sep 3 kathy J 1
Poll Is Your Original Birth Certificate Sealed? (Let... (Mar '10) Sep 3 Lala 22
Grateful Dead were a Satanic Cult (Feb '11) Aug 27 Middle John the T... 67

Eureka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eureka Mortgages