Cockfighting trial continues for rooster breeder

Full story: Eureka Times Standard

A defense attorney Monday challenged circumstantial evidence a McKinleyville rooster breeding operation was linked to a cockfighting ring.
Comments
1 - 20 of 49 Comments Last updated Jun 28, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mel

Redwood City, CA

#1 Apr 14, 2009
hello TAXPAYERS! anyone? It's a SHAME and Stop this INJUSTICE to HUMANS, it's liberties and Freedom!
Let's ALL write to the local Public officials/county supervisors to USE our TAXPAYERS money & LIMITED LAW Enforcement to prosecute VIOLENT CRIMINALS, Thousands of UNSOLVE CRIMES, local terrorism, domestic violence, human predators that are out because of overcrowded prison system, domestic vionce to humans & of course children, whtie collar crimes in ur cities, drink & drive, PUBLIC CORRUPTION etc........

It's legal to operate Chicken slaughter houses, kentucky fried chickens, horse racing, boxing, human cockfighting, drag racing , football Sports to which humans get killed & injured...

Demand to stop this INJUSTICE to HUmans and pass a local ordinance to Decriminalize the Cultural family oriented gamefowl sport, TAX it & Regulate in Unincorporated areas,agri/rural zoning areas..

It will creat much needed new SUSTAINABLE TAXES for the city/county/state/federal government, create a new SUStainbale new jobs & businesses to open.

It's been legal here before in california, alabama, louisiana, oklahoma, new mexico etc...and still legal in the virgin islands, guam, puerto rico, france mexico, philippines & other countries that is legal for decades ..

facts: dogs are artificailly train to be VICIOUS, gamefowls are purely instinct once hit maturity , and gamefowls have the " CHOICE to fight or not" they run/fly away ...
Majority of gamefowl breeders are US Ctizens, taxpayers,veterans, law abiding citizens that are white,hispanics,asians, blacks other.

Help us STOP this INJUSTICE to HUMANS!
Taxpayer

Eureka, CA

#2 Apr 14, 2009
Hey Mel, get bent.
Cockfighting is a disgusting practice.
I am happy to "waste" a little money prosecuting it.

You try to deferentiate between chickens and dogs, but it is a weak case. If fighting chickens were legalized, dogs would surely follow. Why not bring back matches of lions vs. bears? You know your hillbilly a$$ would love to see that!

All of these animal bloodsports are disgusting and have no place in civilized society.

As for boxing, and your other human references, consenting adults can voluntarily take part in any kind of injurous activity they want, as far as I am concerned.
Kansas Kid

Pittsburg, KS

#3 Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Hillbillies
Kansas Kid

Pittsburg, KS

#5 Apr 14, 2009
Warning signs of Liberal Projection Dementia

1. The Liberal attributes to other people impulses and traits that he/she has but cannot accept. It is especially likely to occur when the person lacks insight into his/her own impulses and traits.

2. The Liberal perceives in others the motive he/she denies having him/herself. Thus the cheat is sure that everyone else is dishonest. The politician must be a crook. All contrary posters must be liars. etc.

3. The Liberal projects his/her own unpleasant feelings onto someone else and blames them for having thoughts that they really have.

Examples will be provided shortly for your examination and amusement..
mel

Redwood City, CA

#6 Apr 14, 2009
this land was made for you and me. Not just for terrorsit animal groups or hypocrites!
I'm a Veteran from the an Elite US Military with honorable discharge with several awards, serve this country to protect our freedom but my freedom to what cultural sport i practice on my FREE TIME had been taken away from me/us..
Why impose your will to others if you don't like to eat KENTUCKY FRIED Chickens, or go see inside the chicken slaughter houses...

COnsenting adults can voluntarily take part of injurous activities and that's OK, poeple killing each other but a cultural family oriented sport that does not cause Injuries or Death to humans are illegal! And you call it a CIVILIZED society! maybe your own oppressive terrorist extremist animal rights society!

I thought we are a nation who believes in democratic principles Not a NAtion of HYPOCRITES!!
HIcks in the Stix

Eureka, CA

#7 Apr 14, 2009
Dang, it's troo! Kansus is cryin', jes like dat Glen Beck feller! Ah'm so proud to be a Repubbly!

Les take back our country, one sac o balls at uh time.
mel

Redwood City, CA

#8 Apr 14, 2009
taxpayer,

i don't beleive in dog fighting & reason behind it, maybe u need to read my post again..and it's like comparing orange and apples...2 legged compared 4 legged...dogs don't kill each other once it hits maturity , gamefowls will kill each other once hit maturity with other mature male with their natural spur or with knife! it's their natureal instinct..

Chickens have the " Choice " too if they want to fight or not...
mel

Redwood City, CA

#9 Apr 14, 2009
It's OK for Public officials who corrupted by terrorist extremist hsus & their militias to pass their extremsit laws & impose they way of life but reality it's taxpayers money hsus are stealing in millions of taxpayers money and Ruin human beings lives because of CHICKENS that millions of americans love to eat!
anonymous

Arcata, CA

#10 Apr 14, 2009
Fighting them is cruel but eating them is ok?
Come on now.
mel

Redwood City, CA

#11 Apr 14, 2009
taxpayer, you are happy to " WASTE our TAXMONEY " to prosecute US citizens/taxpayers/law abiding citizes,veterans beacuse of " Chickens that these people own and care for ?"
Not my TAXMONEY! i'd rather use our taxpayers money to prosecute VIOLENT Criminals, domestic violence, human violence, corrupt public officials, proesucte organize groups that steals Millions of TAXPAYERS money such groups are terrorist extremsit hsus & their militias,, Government waste etc.. and get our priority straight!
mel

Redwood City, CA

#12 Apr 14, 2009
taxpayer,

LIONS kills each other their kind everyday, maybe u need to watch national geographic or go to the wild and be a vegie/referee..
get ur facts right! and here we go again u are comaparing lions, dogs, bears to CHICKENS?
No wonder the media local news investigation in the peninsula note that MAJORITY of hsus personnel/volunteers either have MENTAL or EMOTIONAL issues that are NOT FIT to ROAM our Community with POLICE POWERS! and that is a pretty scary facts!
Getr ur facts rights and not sound like propaganda by terrorist extremist hsus & their militias!

mel

Redwood City, CA

#13 Apr 14, 2009
FACTS!

The FBI # 1 local Terrorist that THREATENS our community & country are the animal rights groups!

Facts:

Terrorist extremist hsus & their militias are involved in illegal activities such as, Stealing TAxpayers money( hsus caught staeling $ 4.3 million of taxpayers money by bogus fees to the city of san mateo on NON-PERformed services & over charging, engage in massive illegal names on petition ballots, propaganda, money laundering, euthanizing thousands of animals including gamefowls etc...
mel

Redwood City, CA

#14 Apr 14, 2009
We have No Place for a Civilize society for " Terrorist extremist hsus & their militias " that are involved Sponsoring local Terrorism, Steals TAxpayers money, massive illegal names on petition ballots, propaganda , money laundering, corrupting public officials, putting Innocent US citizens/taxpayers in jail, imposing Extremist animal views etc.
Momma said

Hayward, CA

#15 Apr 14, 2009
anonymous wrote:
Fighting them is cruel but eating them is ok?
Come on now.
My Mom always taught me not to play with my food.
Taxpayer

Eureka, CA

#16 Apr 14, 2009
OK Mel,
It is obvious you are passionate about this subject.
I will try and clarify my position and address some of your points.

First off, I agree with you that as far as crimes go, fighting chickens is pretty low on the list of crimes I want to see my government spending tax dollars persuing and prosecuting. However, you keep referring to prosecuting "law abiding citizens", which obviously they are not. It is ILLEGAL to fight chickens Mel. If you want to try and change that law, more power to you, but for now, it is illegal. As far as wasting the taxpayer's monies, I feel it is Mr. Christie who is wasting our monies. Why isn't he man enough to admit to what he was doing and defend his actions. If he had pled guilty, we would not be "wasting" all that money on his prosecution.

Yes, lions and bears kill each other and other animals in the wild. Nature is harsh. This is far different that putting animals together to fight for our entertainment. You are the one comparing apples to oranges when comparing killing in nature to killing for human entertainment.

You claim you would not be in favor of legalizing dog fighting and I find that hypocritical of you. I could just as easily argue that pit bulls are biologically predisposed to fight other dogs. Pit bulls also use their natural, god-given weapons while chickens must have human-made fighting implements attached to them for the fight. You say chickens "have a choice" to fight. The same argument can be applied to dogs. They don't HAVE to fight, they could both just sit there and stare at each other. The "choice" argument is pretty weak Mel.

Killing animals for food is different than killing them for sport. Just because I eat an animal does not mean I do not appreciate it and do not care what kind of treatment it receives.

The simple fact is you like fighting chickens. You think it is fun. The majority of the population of America thinks it is a cruel and barbaric practice and it will remain illegal until you convince the population otherwise.

Another point you are getting confused on is that you think because a chicken is your personal property, you can do whatever you please to it. I am a staunch supporter of personal freedoms (believe it or not), but we have many laws protecting animal rights. If you want to argue that chickens are your property and you can do with them what you want, then you have to argue the same for dogs, cats, horses, etc, or you quickly become a hypocrite.

As to your points about animal groups being the biggest terrorist threat to America... what can I say... you are sounding a bit over the edge with that one. I am certainly no fan of PETA, but the biggest terrorist threat to America????? I think I would still have to choose radical Muslim extremists, or perhaps the Federal Government.. I can't quite decide which is more dangerous to our freedoms.
rob95519

Arcata, CA

#17 Apr 14, 2009
Taxpayer wrote:
OK Mel,
It is obvious you are passionate about this subject.
I will try and clarify my position and address some of your points.
First off, I agree with you that as far as crimes go, fighting chickens is pretty low on the list of crimes I want to see my government spending tax dollars persuing and prosecuting. However, you keep referring to prosecuting "law abiding citizens", which obviously they are not. It is ILLEGAL to fight chickens Mel. If you want to try and change that law, more power to you, but for now, it is illegal. As far as wasting the taxpayer's monies, I feel it is Mr. Christie who is wasting our monies. Why isn't he man enough to admit to what he was doing and defend his actions. If he had pled guilty, we would not be "wasting" all that money on his prosecution.
Yes, lions and bears kill each other and other animals in the wild. Nature is harsh. This is far different that putting animals together to fight for our entertainment. You are the one comparing apples to oranges when comparing killing in nature to killing for human entertainment.
You claim you would not be in favor of legalizing dog fighting and I find that hypocritical of you. I could just as easily argue that pit bulls are biologically predisposed to fight other dogs. Pit bulls also use their natural, god-given weapons while chickens must have human-made fighting implements attached to them for the fight. You say chickens "have a choice" to fight. The same argument can be applied to dogs. They don't HAVE to fight, they could both just sit there and stare at each other. The "choice" argument is pretty weak Mel.
Killing animals for food is different than killing them for sport. Just because I eat an animal does not mean I do not appreciate it and do not care what kind of treatment it receives.
The simple fact is you like fighting chickens. You think it is fun. The majority of the population of America thinks it is a cruel and barbaric practice and it will remain illegal until you convince the population otherwise.
Another point you are getting confused on is that you think because a chicken is your personal property, you can do whatever you please to it. I am a staunch supporter of personal freedoms (believe it or not), but we have many laws protecting animal rights. If you want to argue that chickens are your property and you can do with them what you want, then you have to argue the same for dogs, cats, horses, etc, or you quickly become a hypocrite.
As to your points about animal groups being the biggest terrorist threat to America... what can I say... you are sounding a bit over the edge with that one. I am certainly no fan of PETA, but the biggest terrorist threat to America????? I think I would still have to choose radical Muslim extremists, or perhaps the Federal Government.. I can't quite decide which is more dangerous to our freedoms.
ok, now what say you?
rob95519

Arcata, CA

#18 Apr 14, 2009
Taxpayer wrote:
OK Mel,
It is obvious you are passionate about this subject.
I will try and clarify my position and address some of your points.
First off, I agree with you that as far as crimes go, fighting chickens is pretty low on the list of crimes I want to see my government spending tax dollars persuing and prosecuting. However, you keep referring to prosecuting "law abiding citizens", which obviously they are not. It is ILLEGAL to fight chickens Mel. If you want to try and change that law, more power to you, but for now, it is illegal. As far as wasting the taxpayer's monies, I feel it is Mr. Christie who is wasting our monies. Why isn't he man enough to admit to what he was doing and defend his actions. If he had pled guilty, we would not be "wasting" all that money on his prosecution.
Yes, lions and bears kill each other and other animals in the wild. Nature is harsh. This is far different that putting animals together to fight for our entertainment. You are the one comparing apples to oranges when comparing killing in nature to killing for human entertainment.
You claim you would not be in favor of legalizing dog fighting and I find that hypocritical of you. I could just as easily argue that pit bulls are biologically predisposed to fight other dogs. Pit bulls also use their natural, god-given weapons while chickens must have human-made fighting implements attached to them for the fight. You say chickens "have a choice" to fight. The same argument can be applied to dogs. They don't HAVE to fight, they could both just sit there and stare at each other. The "choice" argument is pretty weak Mel.
Killing animals for food is different than killing them for sport. Just because I eat an animal does not mean I do not appreciate it and do not care what kind of treatment it receives.
The simple fact is you like fighting chickens. You think it is fun. The majority of the population of America thinks it is a cruel and barbaric practice and it will remain illegal until you convince the population otherwise.
Another point you are getting confused on is that you think because a chicken is your personal property, you can do whatever you please to it. I am a staunch supporter of personal freedoms (believe it or not), but we have many laws protecting animal rights. If you want to argue that chickens are your property and you can do with them what you want, then you have to argue the same for dogs, cats, horses, etc, or you quickly become a hypocrite.
As to your points about animal groups being the biggest terrorist threat to America... what can I say... you are sounding a bit over the edge with that one. I am certainly no fan of PETA, but the biggest terrorist threat to America????? I think I would still have to choose radical Muslim extremists, or perhaps the Federal Government.. I can't quite decide which is more dangerous to our freedoms.
hands down its the federal government
mel

Redwood City, CA

#19 Apr 14, 2009
FACTS: it's the FBI who claim that the # 1 local Terrorist threat to our community and country are the animal rights groups. so u better get ur facts right..

u said you believe in personal freedom but that contradicts your terrorist extremist groups are taking away my freedom and mr. cristie, he was a law abiding and on this situation with the law because terrorist extremist groups who sponsored & corrupted our public offcials in passing anti-gamefowl sport bill.

Facts: gamefowl will fight with Natural spur to death and very slow brutal death, even without a knife attached to it or without training them or giving drugs etc.....i wish u get the facts again because it's ignorant of you to pass propaganda info about the gamefowl with NO knowledge about the subject!
It's a myth or misinformation that gamefolws will only fight if there's " Human made fighting element attached to them" this is TOTALLY FALSE,Shows your IGNORAMOUS Terrorist extremist point of View that is use for PROPAGANDA!

Facts; Majority of dogs, including pitbull have to be artificially train to be vicious to kill it kind, gamefowl is purely insticnt once hit maturity...

Facts: majority of gamefowl breeders Do NOT enjoy killing their gamefowls for entertainment, they take pride in giving gamefowl a chance to defend itself , to live life to the fullest maybe to live 2-14 yrs, they take pride bring home an unscratch, uninjured fowls back to their farm , in fact some bury their fowls with dignity..better than the current alternative EUTHANIZED ALL by ur hsus, chicken sluahgter house & kentucky fried chicken ( 100 killing ratio)



Simple Jack

Sherman, TX

#20 Apr 14, 2009
Judging by the logic and circumstantial evidence, as well as the testimony of some so-called expert, I should imagine that had the authorities found a firearm during their search for "real evidence" that they could have really shifted into high gear with all these specious allegations. After all wouldn't you think that having a gun in your possession would qualify as evidence that you are more than just fascinated by the beauty and craftsmanship of the pistol grips and that you may just be getting primed for something a bit more sinister.

"[Sakach, however, said the location of the cockfighting evidence does not demonstrate the items were not being used for cockfighting.]"

This is the brilliance of an "expert" (Sakach) at work, but in the absence of "Learned Treatise" we'll just take his word for it. "expert that is" Insert the word "hand gun" for cockfighting and murder, robbery, etc. for cockfighting in the above quote and that will be just enough circumstantial evidence needed for a hanging by some people's reckoning. Cockfighting takes on an entirely different meaning the farther north you go to find your "experts"

Little Red Rooster

Eureka, CA

#21 Apr 14, 2009
mel wrote:
FACTS: it's the FBI who claim that the # 1 local Terrorist threat to our community and country are the animal rights groups. so u better get ur facts right..
u said you believe in personal freedom but that contradicts your terrorist extremist groups are taking away my freedom and mr. cristie, he was a law abiding and on this situation with the law because terrorist extremist groups who sponsored & corrupted our public offcials in passing anti-gamefowl sport bill.
Facts: gamefowl will fight with Natural spur to death and very slow brutal death, even without a knife attached to it or without training them or giving drugs etc.....i wish u get the facts again because it's ignorant of you to pass propaganda info about the gamefowl with NO knowledge about the subject!
It's a myth or misinformation that gamefolws will only fight if there's " Human made fighting element attached to them" this is TOTALLY FALSE,Shows your IGNORAMOUS Terrorist extremist point of View that is use for PROPAGANDA!
Facts; Majority of dogs, including pitbull have to be artificially train to be vicious to kill it kind, gamefowl is purely insticnt once hit maturity...
Facts: majority of gamefowl breeders Do NOT enjoy killing their gamefowls for entertainment, they take pride in giving gamefowl a chance to defend itself , to live life to the fullest maybe to live 2-14 yrs, they take pride bring home an unscratch, uninjured fowls back to their farm , in fact some bury their fowls with dignity..better than the current alternative EUTHANIZED ALL by ur hsus, chicken sluahgter house & kentucky fried chicken ( 100 killing ratio)
Sounds to me like you really love c*cks! Have you raised and handled a lot of c*cks in your day? What kinda c*cks do you think are the prettiest the little white ones with red heads, or the BIG black ones?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr go away 5,007
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Soaked good 200,593
TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) 9 hr faithdaboss90 207
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 12 hr lazy posts 15,963
Debate: Health Care - Eureka, CA (Sep '09) Fri Sgt Christopher M... 30
POP prostitution sting nets six arrests in Old ... (Jun '10) Thu Steve Parr 125
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
•••
•••
•••

Eureka Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Eureka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Eureka News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Eureka
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••