Dickson autopsy key to many questions

Dickson autopsy key to many questions

There are 116 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jul 26, 2008, titled Dickson autopsy key to many questions. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Some of the many questions surrounding the suspected murder of Michelle Dickson may be answered in the coming days, as the Crescent City community struggles to come to terms with her loss and having one of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
kim arcata

Eureka, CA

#1 Jul 26, 2008
Arcata reminds me of the old Berkley..once long ago Berkley was a hip place to go and shop , hang out etc. lots of radical types. It was quite a revolutionary place. Arcata , fifteen to twenty yrs ago was the same way....and now the same thing that happened to Berkley has happened to Arcata.It's not always safe to walk around at night..the homeless population has taken over the streets and the local government has caved in it's attempt to control all of it. I personally am considering moving out of the area. The house costs are out of sight and I am sick of the street kids on the Plaza panhandling and harrassing ppl.
This murder (alleged) of this beautiful girl has pretty much sealed the deal. Sometimes when a place becomes " too cool" some ppl lose respect for each other. We live in such a social bubble in Humboldt that we forget that this type of thing does happen here. Very tragic. My heart goes out to her family and friends.
Sending Sympathy

San Martin, CA

#2 Jul 26, 2008
I hope the justice system is able to handle this slam dunk of a case and that the hooligan who has been charged (and is most likely the guilty one) is properly dispatched.
My sincere sympathy to Miss Dickson's family, and all her friends in CC.
This kind of horrific nightmare of a crime just shouldn't happen "here."
Very sad I'm very sorry for your loss!
huckleberryhound

United States

#3 Jul 26, 2008
I pray that the case is handled in Crescent City where Gallegos won't be able to let this pot-thug walk away clean.
Anonymous

Arcata, CA

#4 Jul 26, 2008
huckleberryhound wrote:
I pray that the case is handled in Crescent City where Gallegos won't be able to let this pot-thug walk away clean.
you actually cant be that stupid can you? But I bet you are.
Thurfer Howat

United States

#5 Jul 26, 2008
There must be some way to libel and smear Gallegos once again in this thread. The challenge is to do it for all threads without seeming TOO obvious that I have an obsessive woody for the DA.
sick of it all

Barnesville, OH

#6 Jul 26, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
you actually cant be that stupid can you? But I bet you are.
What I think the writer means is that Gallegos is a defense minded attorney and not a prosecutor. Additionally he doesn't have a real grasp of California criminal law. Prior to being the DA he filed Habeus Corpus writs for Pelican Bay prisoners. Kind of the bottom of the barrel of the legal profession. If a loved one of mine was murdered the last prosecutor I would want handling the case would be Gallegos.
big juans

Renton, WA

#7 Jul 26, 2008
”Nothing ever like this -- ever,” Mussen said, her voice trailing off.“That's why everyone is so blown away. It's just way too small of a town for things like that to happen.”

yeah no more small drug deals, only big juans.
Barely Legal

Grants Pass, OR

#8 Jul 26, 2008
[QUOTE who="big juans"
yeah no more small drug deals, only big juans.[/QUOTE]

Juaneese: Juat ju jabbering about Jarito Juad?

English Translation: What are you jabbering about Jug Head?
Truth

Mill Valley, CA

#9 Jul 26, 2008
Great Times Standard. Now you're prostituting this tragedy by headline grabbing. The woman's body is going to be sliced open and probed to determine the cause of death. Please stop. Please wait for the results of the coroner's inquiry. Please have respect for the woman's loved ones. Please?
Rey

Mckinleyville, CA

#10 Jul 26, 2008
An autopsy is a medical procedure and necessary to prosecute this case, her life is over just remember her fondly, let justice take it's corse and control that imagination...
Dickson autopsy

Kent, WA

#12 Jul 26, 2008
Nice work on the story about Michelle Dickson. You are a very talented writer!
I hope that the Fox news connections brings you some very good fortune, maybe a job traveling the world?
From one of your biggest fans!
Diane Rowen
Family Friend

United States

#13 Jul 26, 2008
I did not know Dickson. I am very sorry for the families loss. I can understand the whole community being effected by this. Both Dickson & Miller grew up in C.C. They both have many friends & family in the area. I have know Miller his whole life. He is a good person. I am prepared to except that he may hhave done this. I just know that he has had many hard times, a lot of person loss & has been on a self destructive path for a long time. Not dealing with his pain. This is not an excuse for ANY of his actions. I am interested in what happens monday so that we can all make sense of this horrible event & have many guestions answered. Miller comes from a very good family & I know they have been mourning the spirit the Miller that they all known & have loved so much. They are all still in shock that he could be connected to anything like this.
June Gaylord-Conner

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jul 26, 2008
My deepest sympathy to the family.
I know do you know

Eureka, CA

#15 Jul 26, 2008
I am sorry for the family. However, let us be real. If she was a drug dealer, and it sounds like she was. Not only from the Times Standard and the Eureka Reporter the old adage comes to mind.

You live by the sword you die by the sword,(i.e. nothing ever good happens to you when you are a drug dealer, nor should it).

So let us have sympathy for her family but what about all the familes that she possibly ruined by selling her drugs to. Which I am sure some of it wound up in kids hands.

Just a thought.
DavAlan

San Francisco, CA

#16 Jul 26, 2008
This has absolutely nothing to do with Paul Galegos and using this tragic incidence to slander him is to say the least, ignorant and disrespectful of just about everyone who cares.
I also doubt there was really a pot deal that went down and this case is due to other reasons.
I also fail to see how dealing pot amounts to "living by a sword" although that could just be my failure???
heb

Magalia, CA

#17 Jul 26, 2008
If one wants to lose faith in mankind, read the comments section in any newspaper.
argumentum

AOL

#19 Jul 26, 2008
Aren't legal cases always more complicated in fact than they appear in the media? That's something worth keeping in mind as cases work their way through the court system.
Dont wanna know

United States

#20 Jul 26, 2008
I know do you know wrote:
I am sorry for the family. However, let us be real. If she was a drug dealer, and it sounds like she was. Not only from the Times Standard and the Eureka Reporter the old adage comes to mind.
You live by the sword you die by the sword,(i.e. nothing ever good happens to you when you are a drug dealer, nor should it).
So let us have sympathy for her family but what about all the familes that she possibly ruined by selling her drugs to. Which I am sure some of it wound up in kids hands.
Just a thought.
You're a stupid idiot. Go ahead and believe Josiah's story, you sap. Since when was Marijuana a sword? Rub your bull sh!t in somebody else's face! This isn't first grade. Only a fool would believe Miller's story.
an end to all this

United States

#21 Jul 26, 2008
we need to take back our streets
Her loving cousin

Crescent City, CA

#22 Jul 26, 2008
I know do you know wrote:
Just a thought.
SHE was not a drug dealer. Lets all get over the fact that there may have been drugs involved and focuse on the fact that someone took an innocent life. No matter what the circumstances no one deserves this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Al Molinaro from Happy Days dies at 96 (Oct '15) 8 hr Dr Gerald Demal 2
News How to File A Complaint About DIRECTV (Jul '08) 11 hr Bsjordan 247
help my son 18 hr sean 1
News for Immediate Release. Brand Library & Art Cent... Fri Sheri Ann 1
News Racist statements lead lawmakers to reject John... Fri Jane Ann 1
News Armenian organized crime grows more complex (Oct '10) Apr 27 rightists 795
News L.A., Glendale seek injunction against Toonervi... (Nov '08) Apr 27 Jesse 125
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eureka Mortgages