Fishing the North Coast: IT'S ON! -- Salmon opener set for Satu...

One hundred forty-four days -- that's how long recreational salmon fishermen have been waiting for this weekend to get here. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jan Z

Santa Rosa, CA

#1 Aug 27, 2009
Please come vist HASA at the Humboldt Tuna website http://humboldttuna.com/ for the latest North Coast fishing reports and conditions
fisher

Oakland, CA

#2 Aug 27, 2009
Healthy fisheries are the key to a healthy economy in Humboldt County.
George

San Mateo, CA

#3 Aug 27, 2009
I can't wait to get out there and bag me a salmon. Thanks for all the good info. Keep up the good work on the column.
Kootenai Co

Moscow, ID

#4 Aug 27, 2009
Remember What Bill Hornbrook would say on the fish phone. Save a few for seed!! God Bless Bill.
tomtom

Arcata, CA

#5 Aug 27, 2009
Kootenai Co wrote:
Remember What Bill Hornbrook would say on the fish phone. Save a few for seed!! God Bless Bill.
Boy, there is a flash from the past!!! I used to see a lot of Bill and then I think he moved away?
Kootenai Co

Moscow, ID

#6 Aug 28, 2009
Bill passed away from cancer years ago. God bless Bill.
local merchant

San Leandro, CA

#7 Aug 28, 2009
I for one will do my part to gouge the fishermen good. I consider it open season on wallets!

Since: Jun 09

Sacramento, CA

#8 Aug 28, 2009
And while you’re out there on the water you might want to know about a little give-away presented by Cal Boating’s Safety Team. Win yourself a new 16 ft Tracker Pro fishing boat that comes with a trolling motor and GPS fish finder. Visit http://bit.ly/3yJNB7 for details.
Roland Martin

Oakdale, CA

#9 Aug 28, 2009
Fish and Game Biologist will be stationed at all the launch areas interviewing anglers and examining hatchery salmon. Please be courteous to them as they gather data for research purposes,which will help our future salmon runs.

Any compliance with these guys is entirely VOLULTARY. They are your fish and as long as they are legal have no business even touching them.
tomtom

Arcata, CA

#10 Aug 28, 2009
Kootenai Co wrote:
Bill passed away from cancer years ago. God bless Bill.
I was friends with Bill's dad Harry Hornbrook when he was a drag racer in the late 50s and early 60s. I saw Bill at Poleskis and Sears. He may have worked at Wards also. Saw his elsewhere also...
tomtom

Arcata, CA

#11 Aug 29, 2009
I made two passes by both Eureka boat launch sites and I have seen more boat trailers during the summer when it was just the locals fishing for bottom feeders and Halibut. Just talked to someone who has a couple of businesses on the waterfront and he said very few fish have been brought in.I hope Trinidad did better. The tackle shops will be frying bait for dinner for a month unless the out of towners are waiting for Monday...
Bernard Fokke

Santa Rosa, CA

#12 Aug 29, 2009
The weather/ocean conditions are reported to get better later this week
justsayin

Eureka, CA

#13 Aug 31, 2009
"GARY BLASI of Full Throttle Sportfishing
Tips: One of my favorite rigs is a purple haze hoochie with bait trolled behind a nine inch silver dodger flasher. That set-up always catches fish. A watermelon Apex is also a good choice. "

I know little of ocean fishing, but " One of my favorite rigs is a purple haze hoochie with bait trolled behind a nine inch silver dodger flasher. "

has to be one of the coolest sounding sentences ive ever heard.....

just sayin
Humboldt

AOL

#14 Sep 13, 2009
Is the Fish Phone still in operation? I haven't used it in years and cant remember the number?

Jan Z,
How long does it normally take to get registered for HTC?
I signed up and haven't heard anything back.

Are there any other Good Hunting and Fishing forums for the North Coast to check out. I cant seem to find much of anything for information on these subjects for the area.

Thank You
Jan Z

Santa Rosa, CA

#15 Sep 13, 2009
It should be automatic, try again. I'll tell Bob to see if there is a glitch. There are no other boards that I'm aware of other than IFish in Oregon.
treefairy

San Francisco, CA

#16 Sep 13, 2009
Please don't murder all those innocent fish. Its cruel and mean...eat natural foods like wheat germ and locally grown walnut-blackberry paste.
Humboldt

AOL

#17 Sep 14, 2009
Thanks for the reply Jan,
I tried again and it is telling me that my account is waiting for Admin approval.
He may just be to busy at the moment,I'll give it awhile longer.

Thanks for the help
treefairy

San Francisco, CA

#18 Sep 14, 2009
the planet needs your help...please contact your congressman and get him/her to BAN Dihydrogen Monoxide. This deadly chemical is used by ALL industries to their further their bottom line...It can now be found easily in all our children. Its list of side effects is endless...
tomtom

Arcata, CA

#19 Sep 14, 2009
Just ask the Tin Man in Oz how toxic Dihydrogen Monoxide is and you won't make fun of it ever again...
Jan Z

Santa Rosa, CA

#20 Sep 14, 2009
Humboldt wrote:
Thanks for the reply Jan,
I tried again and it is telling me that my account is waiting for Admin approval.
He may just be to busy at the moment,I'll give it awhile longer.
Thanks for the help
Bob told me he'd just approved a bunch of requests, hopefully one was yours, if it still doesn't work you should be able to use the "Contact Us" info to hook up with Bob.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) 15 hr Ashlee 275
Why I hate China (Aug '11) Wed Nell 173
Are Armenians more likely to commit fraud? (Mar '09) Tue God hates Gargos 281
What's with all this hate towards Armenians? (Jul '10) Tue Bonk 186
Humboldt's homeless examine options for winter ... (Feb '09) Dec 22 BUSH 123
Review: Wayne Bare Trucking (Nov '10) Dec 17 guest 26
Looking for my DL Samoan or Tongans? Dec 14 PolySwagg 1

Freeze Warning for Humboldt County was issued at December 25 at 9:30PM PST

Eureka Dating
Find my Match