Hunsucker refusing to testify in Sovereign murder trial; DA's office...

Aug 3, 2012 Full story: Times-Standard

Sonia Hunsucker has refused to testify in a murder case in which prosecutors say Ryan Salas shot Jack Sovereign in Eureka in June, 2010.

Full Story
Grandmaster Hambone

Rumsey, CA

#1 Aug 3, 2012
The Humboldt mafia (please excuse my frankness) seems to have colluded in turning the story of this botched 2010 armed robbery into a robbery that was actually already called off where almost everyone involved had left. Yet the facts, evidence, and participant testimony don't reflect this swift manipulation to a keen reader of the preceeding articles involving the Hunsuckers. Now it looks as if somebody placed a Gag order on the serial killing tweaker Sonia Hunsucker. No deal this time Paulie.
On another thought, in all my years reading newspapers I have never read an article that designated a murder victim as a felon. I suppose that is a psychological writing tool used by the so called journalist for lessoning the empathy by the reader for the murder victim Jack Sovereign so that defendants with the right local legal connections can get off easy. We all know how the Times Standard endorses Gallegos' successive political campaigns and how they shed a favorable light on him in the press. Any way you cut it, Hunsucker got away with multiple felonies including accessory to homicide and never did the time for the crime. Because of that a Willow Creek father, family man, and firefighter is dead. Murdered while upholding the rule of law for the officials who were incapable of performing their function to maintain law and order in Humboldt County.
Maybe a few more million dollar civil suits will shut down this sham of an justice operation for good? Another DA recall would be entertaining to say the least.
Grandmaster Hambone

Rumsey, CA

#2 Aug 3, 2012
"The Humboldt County District Attorney's Office agreed not to prosecute Hunsucker in the case and to dismiss a possession of stolen property case against her in exchange for her testifying honestly in the prosecutions of Inong (the driver), Salas and Nathan Nix, who were all accused of being involved in Sovereign's shooting.
Nix and Inong have pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in relation to the case and are awaiting sentencing. Both face up to 11 years in prison.
Hunsucker has since pleaded guilty to an unrelated killing -- the second degree murder of Darrell Hanger in Willow Creek in 2011 -- and was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison."

"The robbery attempt was thwarted, according to prosecutors, when the four arrived at Fields' home to find Sovereign,
a 38-year-old felon, sitting in a pickup truck in the driveway.
Inong testified that she was pleading with Nix, Hunsucker and Salas -- who Inong said was carrying a shotgun -- not to rob Fields as the four approached his home wearing masks early in the morning.
She said Salas, Nix and Hunsucker huddled near bushes at the end of Fields' driveway, pointing toward the driveway and talking.
Inong said that she turned around to leave the three behind when she heard the sound of gravel, a horn honking and a shotgun blast. She said they quickly ran back to the car they had arrived in, Salas with the shotgun in his hand.
Salas, Nix and Hunsucker exchanged high-fives while Inong cried in the driver's seat of the Toyota 4Runner she had used to drive them to the house, Inong testified."

How can there be any Law Of The Land and Rule Of Law when prosecutorial deals are made with this type of malicious person?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) 8 hr Tina 268
Review: Wayne Bare Trucking (Nov '10) Dec 17 guest 26
What's with all this hate towards Armenians? (Jul '10) Dec 17 Jack Mehoff 185
Looking for my DL Samoan or Tongans? Dec 14 PolySwagg 1
Why I hate China (Aug '11) Dec 13 tacarlisle 172
Review: Be Well Nursing Registry (Jul '11) Dec 13 RNJ83 8
Hash receives 11 years in prison (Jan '09) Dec 12 marianne anderson 86
Eureka Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web