Carrizozo swears in a new chief of po...

Carrizozo swears in a new chief of police - Ruidoso News

There are 1623 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Nov 20, 2008, titled Carrizozo swears in a new chief of police - Ruidoso News. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

Rachel Weiser, receives congtratulations from Carrizozo Mayor Bob Hemphill after her appointment as the new Carrizozo Chief of Police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

First Prev
of 82
Next Last
Jenni

La Luz, NM

#1 Nov 21, 2008
How long will this chief last? Bets anyone?
Wooly Willy

United States

#2 Nov 21, 2008
Hope she's honest.
Wooly Willy

United States

#3 Nov 21, 2008
Angelo was one of my students. A good kid but kind of loose in his head.

I will say he didn't forget me and always treated me with respect when he was a cop. Can't say that for most of them.
Good for her

Linden, IA

#4 Nov 21, 2008
I visited with Rachel several times when she was with the Sheriff's office. She is impressive and Carrizozo is blessed to have her strong, singular personality.
Xena

United States

#5 Nov 21, 2008
I've been impressed with Rachel from the git go. I think she is going to do a good job for us. She is level headed for one thing. Calm, cool and collected.
Dandy

United States

#6 Nov 21, 2008
To bad they could not get Angelo back. They do not get much better than him.
OMG

High Rolls Mountain Park, NM

#7 Nov 21, 2008
Dandy wrote:
To bad they could not get Angelo back. They do not get much better than him.
You were joking, right?
Dandy

United States

#8 Nov 21, 2008
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
You were joking, right?
No not at all. Angelo is a great leader for the community. He did great things for the town.
OMG

#9 Nov 22, 2008
Sorry, must be two Angelo's. The one I knew was corrupt and mean, heck he even stole from his own parents. And I'm not making that up, ask his brothers what he did.
Free

Hobbs, NM

#10 Nov 22, 2008
We would love for you to have asked RANDY SPEARS to be your CHIEF OF POLICE. He would be GOOD there. The Lincoln Co. Court would love him. So would your Shierff.He would fit right in with all of you.
How are we this lucky

Linden, IA

#11 Nov 22, 2008
I too think we need Angelo back.

Spear and Virden can't be ask to carry the entire corrupt cop load. You'd have a full house that way. Spear who could not pass the exit exam and just came back and illegally became a cop arresting/kidnapping people for 13 years before he was caught. Virden stealing railroad ties, cattle and bumping his secretary after breakfast. And Angelo with his criminal record of extortion and threatening a witness dropped down from Kidnapping. How were we lucky enough to get all these guys in one county and keep them. Praise God!

Yeah, I think we need Vega back! There is corruption to go around, with Virden out of town, Spear is shouldering the entire load.
How are we this lucky

Linden, IA

#12 Nov 22, 2008
PS - they will dump Rachel in the gay political grease soon, some Vega will become "quite concerned", Dennis will bring this issue up in a very caring manner, forcing Dusty to gaze over with doe eyes and make a motion. A motion that Dennis will be forced to second.

The counsel, no the entire town will be placed in harms way by this officers total honesty and with regret the counsel, standing up for the town, will be forced to remove her for the betterment of the community. Virden will be there to take over until the counsel can talk Angelo into returning and saving all of them. There might be a raise in it for him but what else can they do?
5-Chiefs-in-3-Ye ars

Dallas, TX

#13 Nov 22, 2008
I'm a winter visitor to the area, and I think this was a bad decision. I work in a municipality, and it seems this one does not listen to its residents.
Speaking of residents, I believe it's a huge injustice to mislead them, especially when a city council is choosing a new police chief - most especially when for some reason, you guys can't seem to keep one. Mislead how?

http://www.houstonpress.com/2006-07-20/news/f...

Also, did the council ask why she left the LCSO, or does it just not matter?

Carrizozo residents need to be more involved, and the council needs to be more judicious in choosing who takes a position like this. Obviously.

5 chiefs in 3 years.

And no, you would not be better off with that crooked Vega. It's too bad Carrie Spencer wouldn't stay on.

Good luck with all that. I really mean it.
Just asking

Linden, IA

#14 Nov 22, 2008
Carrie couldn't stay because her past activities prevented her from being open and even handed with the citizens of this village and her sons current activities are also a road block.

As for your other question, do you really want to go there given the habitual behavior of the Sheriff and Robert Sheppard? You might want to make a couple of phone calls before you beg that kettle of fish to be opened.
skier

Hamilton, OH

#15 Nov 22, 2008
You mean her degree is bogus, does council know this. I wonder? That article is quite interesting. Zozo get with it.
5-Chiefs-in-3-Years wrote:
I'm a winter visitor to the area, and I think this was a bad decision. I work in a municipality, and it seems this one does not listen to its residents.
Speaking of residents, I believe it's a huge injustice to mislead them, especially when a city council is choosing a new police chief - most especially when for some reason, you guys can't seem to keep one. Mislead how?
http://www.houstonpress.com/2006-07-20/news/f...
Also, did the council ask why she left the LCSO, or does it just not matter?
Carrizozo residents need to be more involved, and the council needs to be more judicious in choosing who takes a position like this. Obviously.
5 chiefs in 3 years.
And no, you would not be better off with that crooked Vega. It's too bad Carrie Spencer wouldn't stay on.
Good luck with all that. I really mean it.
Dandy

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Nov 22, 2008
skier wrote:
You mean her degree is bogus, does council know this. I wonder? That article is quite interesting. Zozo get with it.
<quoted text>
Yeah it is a fraud degree. Belford University Humble TX. Google it. So many people have to lie to get ahead.
No degree required

#17 Nov 22, 2008
It's not an issue. The job doesn't require a degree, just certification. In fact, a couple chiefs after Angelo came Lyles who could barely write.
skier

Hamilton, OH

#18 Nov 22, 2008
Maybe it should be an issue, I'm just sayin' Carrizozo shouldn't be proud of the fact that a Chief can't spell.
skier

Hamilton, OH

#19 Nov 22, 2008
or write
Alrighty then

Linden, IA

#20 Nov 22, 2008
The new chief does not have fractured, mean spirited, innumerable set of personalities. Carrie could have had her job back but Sybil wouldn't agree to it.

After explaining to Carrie at least 12 times about wireless internet connect, I think she went and got one. Good for you Carrie. You're not a quick study but you do eventually get a new concept.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 82
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eunice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlsbad water park 31 min Mayor yuk yuk 1
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Jun 24 byebye 8,764
lccf? Jun 20 Mocking Jay 6
News Boy dies in Hobbs; stepmother arrested (Jan '08) Jun 11 Fresa12 103
the music thread (Jan '12) May '16 Musikologist 52
Daniel ocampo and nereida delao??? ..do u know ... May '16 Yodaddy 1
You have no more scanner for Lea county May '16 TwoEdwardEightOne 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eunice Mortgages