WIPP shipments have temporary new route

WIPP shipments have temporary new route

There are 5 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Sep 24, 2008, titled WIPP shipments have temporary new route. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

Shipments of radioactive waste bound for an underground nuclear waste repository in southeastern New Mexico will be routed through the Hobbs area and Eunice for a year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

LLresident

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Sep 24, 2008
Just how much radioactive waste can this site hold? Is it reaching capacity or is there expansion continually? Will any elected official respond at the Congressional level?
Mr Clean

United States

#2 Sep 24, 2008
LLresident wrote:
Just how much radioactive waste can this site hold? Is it reaching capacity or is there expansion continually? Will any elected official respond at the Congressional level?
I've heard that when WIPP becomes full, just west of where you live in ABQ City there are plans for a high level radioactive waste sight for old warhead missles.
LLresident

Glendale, AZ

#3 Sep 26, 2008
Mr Clean wrote:
<quoted text> I've heard that when WIPP becomes full, just west of where you live in ABQ City there are plans for a high level radioactive waste sight for old warhead missles.
That is some top secret stuff because I don't hear about that on the news. Still no word from the pols on stuff like this. Wait till it spills enroute....
Mr Clean

United States

#4 Sep 26, 2008
Whenever a politician tells me what it is in my best interest or convey their ideas, I 100 % in my mind know what direction to take. WIPP couldn't be more safer. Isn't most of the radioactive waste (RW) that goes into WIPP is a solid material of low and moderately low RW? With most of this RW you can place a sheet of copy paper between yourself and the RW emitting harmful particles and one is safe. A ton of money has been spent on ensuring the public safety in the transportation of the transuranic waste. It has brought good paying jobs to your state and supports the local economy.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Sep 26, 2008
The potential hazards from trucks carrying radioactive waste to WIPP are overrated by the lay public. Gasoline is far more dangerous than most of the waste they are sending to WIPP, and the gas tanker trucks (placcard # 1203) have far less protection in the event of a crash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eunice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Mar 22 OMG 8,890
News Eunice company alleges embezzlement by workers (Mar '10) Apr '16 Chasity 79
News Lobbyists report $175K spent so far on lawmakers (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ralph 4
Sex offenders around eunice (Jan '16) Jan '16 Look out 1
police (Dec '13) Oct '15 Sharlit Baknes 4
Review: Xtra Space Storage (Jun '13) Jun '13 pleased storage t... 1
Eunice NM (Jun '13) Jun '13 cool 2

Eunice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eunice Mortgages