First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Horrible

Breaux Bridge, LA

#1 Jan 14, 2013
I understand that through the years grammar, spelling, and language has changed a great deal if not completely lost in some cases. This is just a thought that hit me while browsing through this page. If one is going to belittle another, why not at least do it intelligently? Some of these comments/posts are so far beyond even being referred to as slang that it’s almost impossible to even guess as to what is being said!
Sammi

Opelousas, LA

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Improper use of grammar & spelling errors are found in most website forums. Correcting it doesn't accomplish anything other than boost the ego of the person who's doing the correcting. They want to be noticed as intellectuals making them feel as though they're better than others, a sign of insecurity & low self esteem. Most of these people who constantly correct spelling & grammar errors are young and socially inept. Since this isn't corporate America I don't see the big deal, unless you're a narcissistic grammar nazi.
Trash MoFos

Eunice, LA

#3 Jan 15, 2013
Sammi wrote:
Improper use of grammar & spelling errors are found in most website forums. Correcting it doesn't accomplish anything other than boost the ego of the person who's doing the correcting. They want to be noticed as intellectuals making them feel as though they're better than others, a sign of insecurity & low self esteem. Most of these people who constantly correct spelling & grammar errors are young and socially inept. Since this isn't corporate America I don't see the big deal, unless you're a narcissistic grammar nazi.
WRONG! people that correct others here are not necessarily on an ego trip...they are trying to point out how stupid and lazy the iphone generation has become! How can you hope to get a decent, good paying job and advance in this material world if you can't even pen a short paragraph without a ton of misspellings and grammatical errors?? As an employer, I see this as another symptom of the "dumbing" down of America. Every year, the workforce gets worse and worse with ignorant, arrogant, uneducated, lazy fools. And you wonder why I only want to pay you min. wage?? You don't even deserve that!

Learn to spell, or go back to school! Idjits!
Thats Sad

Franklinton, LA

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Trash MoFos wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG! people that correct others here are not necessarily on an ego trip...they are trying to point out how stupid and lazy the iphone generation has become! How can you hope to get a decent, good paying job and advance in this material world if you can't even pen a short paragraph without a ton of misspellings and grammatical errors?? As an employer, I see this as another symptom of the "dumbing" down of America. Every year, the workforce gets worse and worse with ignorant, arrogant, uneducated, lazy fools. And you wonder why I only want to pay you min. wage?? You don't even deserve that!
Learn to spell, or go back to school! Idjits!
I agree!!!!
embers skyline

Ville Platte, LA

#5 Jan 15, 2013
Sammi wrote:
Sammi, you are one of those sad sheeple that either keeps making excuses for and/or ignoring the DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA. This is corporate AMERICA baby! Wake up, this corporate America that you speak of, it is on every corner and seems to be doing a good job of controlling you by the words that you typed above. Do you live in some fantasy land, or have you just become numb to the dumbing down? Do you look up a definition on your iphone rather than in a paperback dictionary, do you look up your synonyms and antonyms on google rather than using a thesarus, do you see a story on yahoo news, click on it, and choose to watch and listen to someone TELL you the story rather than READING the story directly above the video which you are watching because you are too lazy to read? Someone that feels the need to put into a readable summary that he/she is sick of improper grammar is not insecure and socially inept!? Where the Hell did you think up that statement?? You could not be more wrong!

Perhaps you were just trying to string smart sounding words together? I would have to disagree and say rather than
being socially inept, the person that calls attention to the ill use of the english language is in fact quite socially AWARE of what is happening in his/her nation. You have just become one of the SHEEPLE that accepts and condons idiocy.
Sammi

Opelousas, LA

#6 Jan 15, 2013
Horrible wrote:
I understand that through the years grammar, spelling, and language has changed a great deal if not completely lost in some cases. This is just a thought that hit me while browsing through this page. If one is going to belittle another, why not at least do it intelligently? Some of these comments/posts are so far beyond even being referred to as slang that it’s almost impossible to even guess as to what is being said!
Without naming names, I personally know someone with a masters degree who is excellent in his field but is terrible at spelling & grammar. He had to hire tutors for English & paid people to write his essays & term papers. Different people are weak in certain areas but it definitely does not mean they're "stupid and/or lazy." By the same token, just because you're educated or knowledgeable in a particular subject doesn't make you intelligent. If you're going to pay minimum wage you're going to get employees with minimum skills who are minimally educated. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
Hahahaaaa

Opelousas, LA

#7 Jan 15, 2013
ember skyline got short dick syndrome lmfao
Trash MoFos

Hammond, LA

#8 Jan 15, 2013
Sammi wrote:
<quoted text>
Without naming names, I personally know someone with a masters degree who is excellent in his field but is terrible at spelling & grammar. He had to hire tutors for English & paid people to write his essays & term papers. Different people are weak in certain areas but it definitely does not mean they're "stupid and/or lazy." By the same token, just because you're educated or knowledgeable in a particular subject doesn't make you intelligent. If you're going to pay minimum wage you're going to get employees with minimum skills who are minimally educated. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
You don't get it Sammi...all that's left here are monkeys. People with no skills, no ambition, no hope, no luck, and no future. These last 2 presidential elections should be evidence enough for you.
People that would rather get drunk than work overtime, people that would rather go squirrel hunting instead of staying in school. People that would rather quit a job because their boss had the audacity to ask them to do something outside their "job description" instead of using that as an opportunity to advance. The examples are endless. We are a nation of consumers, not producers. The Democrats are driving us producers away. I no longer worry about anyone else, they are on their own, as am I. They asked for it, they got it. They need the govt, I dont. The gov't needs me. I produce, therefore, I will never need them to get by. A lifetime of conservatism has insured my financial future. These dumb "monkeys" are on their own.
Garbage in , garbage out. That is the plight of the new generation. Enjoy your ipads, your iphones, your Jersey Shore, your facebook stupidy, stay in debt, stay on the bottom rung, you deserve it. Thank the powers that be that I dont need the stupidty. I use workers up like cogs in a machine, until they wear out, then I replace them. I do this because they care about my business about as much as a machine does. They show up for a paycheck, with no loyalty, no responsibility, and no skin in the game. I am not the welfare office, but these posters that can't communicate will need to go there.
Welcome to America, soon to be 3rd world chithole, complete with ebonic speaking Obama supporters and model democrats.
Most here won't understand this post, as it is beyond 2nd grade grammar. Maybe I should re-post in texting shorthand.

U R all stupd. WORD!
Trash MoFos

Hammond, LA

#9 Jan 15, 2013
Hahahaaaa wrote:
he/she probably signs your paycheck, little monkey.
embers skyline

Ville Platte, LA

#10 Jan 15, 2013
Hahahaaaa wrote:
that's funny, bc i don't have a dick you limp noodle
embers skyline

Ville Platte, LA

#11 Jan 15, 2013
Trash MoFos wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it Sammi...all that's left here are monkeys. People with no skills, no ambition, no hope, no luck, and no future. These last 2 presidential elections should be evidence enough for you.
People that would rather get drunk than work overtime, people that would rather go squirrel hunting instead of staying in school. People that would rather quit a job because their boss had the audacity to ask them to do something outside their "job description" instead of using that as an opportunity to advance. The examples are endless. We are a nation of consumers, not producers. The Democrats are driving us producers away. I no longer worry about anyone else, they are on their own, as am I. They asked for it, they got it. They need the govt, I dont. The gov't needs me. I produce, therefore, I will never need them to get by. A lifetime of conservatism has insured my financial future. These dumb "monkeys" are on their own.
Garbage in , garbage out. That is the plight of the new generation. Enjoy your ipads, your iphones, your Jersey Shore, your facebook stupidy, stay in debt, stay on the bottom rung, you deserve it. Thank the powers that be that I dont need the stupidty. I use workers up like cogs in a machine, until they wear out, then I replace them. I do this because they care about my business about as much as a machine does. They show up for a paycheck, with no loyalty, no responsibility, and no skin in the game. I am not the welfare office, but these posters that can't communicate will need to go there.
Welcome to America, soon to be 3rd world chithole, complete with ebonic speaking Obama supporters and model democrats.
Most here won't understand this post, as it is beyond 2nd grade grammar. Maybe I should re-post in texting shorthand.
U R all stupd. WORD!
DEAR LORD THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! Thank you! Anyone that will try to take you on will just sound like an idiot, and they know it. Of course they will try, but they will still look moronic. Here is the truth people, coming from someone who actually knows what the F*** is going on bc he apparently employees you people, or at least trys to. There are jobs out there people, stop saying there are no jobs. Man/woman the F*** up, do your days work and don't do your work half ass, do it with pride.
unbiased

Breaux Bridge, LA

#12 Jan 15, 2013
WTG, Trashy.........I agree!
Sammi

United States

#13 Jan 16, 2013
embers skyline wrote:
<quoted text>
Sammi, you are one of those sad sheeple that either keeps making excuses for and/or ignoring the DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA. This is corporate AMERICA baby! Wake up, this corporate America that you speak of, it is on every corner and seems to be doing a good job of controlling you by the words that you typed above. Do you live in some fantasy land, or have you just become numb to the dumbing down? Do you look up a definition on your iphone rather than in a paperback dictionary, do you look up your synonyms and antonyms on google rather than using a thesarus, do you see a story on yahoo news, click on it, and choose to watch and listen to someone TELL you the story rather than READING the story directly above the video which you are watching because you are too lazy to read? Someone that feels the need to put into a readable summary that he/she is sick of improper grammar is not insecure and socially inept!? Where the Hell did you think up that statement?? You could not be more wrong!
Perhaps you were just trying to string smart sounding words together? I would have to disagree and say rather than
being socially inept, the person that calls attention to the ill use of the english language is in fact quite socially AWARE of what is happening in his/her nation. You have just become one of the SHEEPLE that accepts and condons idiocy.
It's desperation when you resort to prepubescent name calling for the sake of an argument. I did not make excuses or ignore the dumbing down of America. On the contrary, I agree with you to some degree. I expect proper english from myself but I'm not so insecure that I feel the need to correct those who make mistakes. Had you understood my post I was referring to the main subject, which was grammar and spelling errors on TOPIX. Perhaps your reading comprehension skills are challenged. I do not deem it necessary for posters to use proper grammar on a gossip discussion board that is far from taken seriously. That's only my opinion and you have every right to disagree, however political correctness has caused you to be anal. Yes, in fact I do use my iPhone, iPad and laptop for research, word processing, etc. We have amazing technology, why not use it. I suppose you're still using a big chief tablet and a manual typewriter. Ironically a little technology would have made your tirade a bit more credible & less foolish had you spelled thesaurus (not thesarus) correctly, baby.
unbiased

Breaux Bridge, LA

#14 Jan 17, 2013
well written response, Sammi
embers skyline

Ville Platte, LA

#15 Jan 18, 2013
Sammi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's desperation when you resort to prepubescent name calling for the sake of an argument. I did not make excuses or ignore the dumbing down of America. On the contrary, I agree with you to some degree. I expect proper english from myself but I'm not so insecure that I feel the need to correct those who make mistakes. Had you understood my post I was referring to the main subject, which was grammar and spelling errors on TOPIX. Perhaps your reading comprehension skills are challenged. I do not deem it necessary for posters to use proper grammar on a gossip discussion board that is far from taken seriously. That's only my opinion and you have every right to disagree, however political correctness has caused you to be anal. Yes, in fact I do use my iPhone, iPad and laptop for research, word processing, etc. We have amazing technology, why not use it. I suppose you're still using a big chief tablet and a manual typewriter. Ironically a little technology would have made your tirade a bit more credible & less foolish had you spelled thesaurus (not thesarus) correctly, baby.
Cleave to your iphone, it's you and your iphone when the shit hits the fan....i'll be sitting pretty,
Chris

Vacherie, LA

#16 Jan 18, 2013
Finding literate, articulate, conversationalist people around here is like trying to find a FEMA trailer that didn't kill you when you lived in it.
miss lei

Opelousas, LA

#18 Jan 18, 2013
Sammi wrote:
<quoted text>It's desperation when you resort to prepubescent name calling for the sake of an argument. I did not make excuses or ignore the dumbing down of America. On the contrary, I agree with you to some degree. I expect proper english from myself but I'm not so insecure that I feel the need to correct those who make mistakes. Had you understood my post I was referring to the main subject, which was grammar and spelling errors on TOPIX. Perhaps your reading comprehension skills are challenged. I do not deem it necessary for posters to use proper grammar on a gossip discussion board that is far from taken seriously. That's only my opinion and you have every right to disagree, however political correctness has caused you to be anal. Yes, in fact I do use my iPhone, iPad and laptop for research, word processing, etc. We have amazing technology, why not use it. I suppose you're still using a big chief tablet and a manual typewriter. Ironically a little technology would have made your tirade a bit more credible & less foolish had you spelled thesaurus (not thesarus) correctly, baby.

PHENOMENAL !!!
Original Poster

Breaux Bridge, LA

#19 Jan 24, 2013
Geroge Orwell's book/movie 1984... Louis Lowry's The giver, Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, these are great books to read.

Let me start by saying, I wasn't so much referring to the missed semicolon, or the occasionally misspelled word, as I am guilty of both and worse, believe me... What I am referring to is not being able to understand a statement made because of how bad the language is. Abbreviating words so often that one can easily mistake the message for something completely different than what was originally intended. It IS the dumbing down of America, take the language, take the knowledge, or what is left of it. Notice that half of the posters on here can’t even articulate a single sentence that makes sense at face value!! I often have to read and reread, use context clues and guess at what the actual message is when “I be all up in her grill at the sto cuz she wuz hatin” and “whr r u & who r u w thx 4 tha msg I <3 u!?” is the commonplace!!! And to think, we criticize those who immigrate here who don’t have a complete grasp of the English language and damn them for having the audacity to coming here without their doctorate in English!! Dumming down is right!!

By the way, some of you... I held a silent applause in my head while reading some of these posts.
Original Poster

Breaux Bridge, LA

#20 Jan 24, 2013
**to come here

before someone points it out....
embers skyline

Ville Platte, LA

#21 Jan 24, 2013
Thank you for posting that Original Poster. You stated the absolute truth about having to use context clues and having to re-read sentences when someone can't take the time to proof read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eunice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Layoffs at EPSO 2 hr ticked 6
Curry Sattler (Jul '13) 17 hr Matt 27
Garber Potatoes???? (Oct '09) Tue Breauregard 23
Where can I get a large bag of lime Aug 22 magellan 2
Black Panthers Aug 22 A Hebrew Israelite 11
lee Katherine Lahaye Aug 21 d b cooper 22
female squirting (Aug '14) Aug 19 backwoods 62

Eunice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance