Since: Jun 07

Eunice, la

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2007

What do you think of the Mayor Bob Morris? Is he doing the job that he was elected to do? Or is he picking his battles?(police raises)

Since: Apr 07

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2007

Pardon my French, but he's a dick

Eunice, La

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2007

I like the fact that Bob is causing controversy in the political arena here in Eunice. I never did like politics. I do think that there was alot of crooked dealings going on in Eunice city government. That's just my opinion...I have no proof of that in any way.
What I am disgusted in is the city baseball league. I have a son who made the 13/14 y/o all stars. We played a team from Evangeline Parish the other day. They have their shit together. I am from Evang. Parish. When I grew up there baseball was big and it still is. This teal had 2 highschool baseball coaches for their team. They talked about their batting cages & pitching machines. They looked & played first class. Us... on the other hand played like 10/ 12 y/o's. We had a mom for a coach...bless her though. She tries her best and did this, I'm assumeing, just so these kids could play. She deserves an applause for that. Anyway, we have no coaches, no equipment such as pitching machines either. Get this. Mamou played us last Saturday...at our fine baseball complex....and get this....the manager of the park was there but she was cutting grass...the consessions were not even opened. We asked her but she said she didn't know about that. We the parents had to pitch in to pay the umpire!!! Can you believe that. He was a city league umpire and we had to pay him.
Also we were initially told that we could not practice at that complex as allstars. Regular games were over but we could not practice there. BUT!!!! Bob's kids team sure got to practice there ( from what I'm told. again, I have no proof of that). Something needs to be done. We have a great complex. If we don't support our teams, open consessions and have games & tournaments there...how are we to make the money to support it?

Since: Apr 07

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2007

Why not support our police force?
Hey, there's a novel idea.

Nothing positive will happen in and for Eunice until the Eunice police force has the full support of the citizens.
Look at Opelousas, they have a total state of the art police force.
The people of Opelousas are behind the force as a whole and it's officers as individuals.
Eunice on the other hand thinks a sportsplex is more important than a police force. I guess it will take someone's loved one getting hurt or killed by the thugs and drug addicts before they really decide to think about the condition that Morris is keeping the Eunice Police Department in.
It's a shame, if not a sin...what Morris is doing to the citizens, and they are too blind to see it.

Eunice, la

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2007

Did anyone see the City Council meeting Tuesday night? What was his reason for throwing out Pam Wood? OK -- I know she's got a mouth on her but she said NOTHING before getting a warning of "Ms. Wood, you are out of order."

Bob Morris is nothing but a Hitler. He wants to be in control of EVERYTHING. From when the city employees takes a break to when the grass is cut. Did you the ad in Thursday's Eunice News about mowers needed to mow for the city and anyone interested go see "Mayor Bob"? Did all the city employees that used to mow quit? Well, there goes Bob trying to save a buck!!!!

Also, did you hear that the Recreation Department is $21,000 in the red? And that's only from since January when "Mayor Bob" took office. Someone explain that one.
Rosalina

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2007

hi
detdick342

Covington, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

girl from the south wrote:
What do you think of the Mayor Bob Morris? Is he doing the job that he was elected to do? Or is he picking his battles?(police ) raises
The mayor is constantly harassing the polioce on medical bills. none of the police officers are doctors so when an inmate complains of sickness they are brought for medical attention. think of the multimillion dollar lawsuit if an inmate dies because they didn't get medical treatmnet. also if any one reads this please give comments on this years fourth of july fireworks. if anyone comments i'll share a couple of secrets
run4me

New Orleans, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2007

I dont understand what provoked the recall. What happened to upset everyone right out of the gate? Just wondering

Eunice, la

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2007

My family and I watched from the our house which is not too far from the complex. Not too bad. But otherwise I think it was ok for a wet 4th of July.
detdick342

Covington, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2007

you should call the mayor and ask about the legalities of the fireworks show and why they practiced unsafe work habits by not having the proper license for the handlers, not having the proper training ( ask why the mayor threw a handfull of fireworks on the ground)( why one of the unlicensed handlers got burnt), shooting fireworks from pvc pipes ( thats why peart received shrapnel in his legs), and why were people allowed so close to the area where the fireworks were being lit off ( there is a minimum of a 70 feet per inch rule). also there was too much of a delay in shooting the fireworks, this was supposed to be the best fireworks show in a 100 miles, next year i think i will drive the extra 99 miles to see a better show
jeckyl

Warrenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2007

Personally;hopefully no offense taken,buti think Mr.Morris isn't the one who should take all of the heat.Nobody seems to see that there is so much division in this little town,whites are siding togethor.And so are blacks.I talked to this little old lady recently,and it was sad to hear that she absolutely hates bob;but her"racial morals"stopped her from signing a recall petition against him.I talked with her again on another occassion and she complained about almost every decision that he has made since he was elected mayor!!I couldn't compose myself much longer.I asked her why she didn't excercise her rights as a citizen,i got no response.But i'm pretty sure it was because in eunice whites don't side with blacks against their own.That's pretty sad to know.I'm sure the black citizens of eunice know that if every one would quit hiding behind doors insulting morris and speak up like Ms.woods did;that goes for black citizens who are just sitting reading the paper or tuning in to council meetings on tv,or not even paying attention.And white citizens with their "morals",I dont see too many "i like bob" signs out there,so somebody's hiding!! come on people get real.show some courage or quit seceretly complaining to others!
Tahoe Baby

Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2007

The reason people don't speak up against Mayor Bob is because he threatens and intimidates people, people who are afraid of losing their jobs or having some other action taken against them. Mayor Bob is paranoid and vindictive; he's also a liar and likes to play mind games with people. He got the Recreational Director here from Houston (where he had a good job), and then fired him for no apparent reason - did he hire him just so he could say he hired a black man?? The mayor is so concerned with the recreational complex and the City Barn that he really doesn't have time to "run the city".(It should be noted, too, that his son plays baseball - maybe that's why he's so interested in the ballfield!). He's not interested in bringing any new business or industry to the area, so other towns get the growth that we should be sharing. Why did he hire someone to cut the grass instead of paying the city workers overtime? Why send the money out of the city? why not support the city employees? That just doesn't make sense. Mayor Bob is devious and underhanded and shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets, much less run the city. The only "running" that's going on is him running the city into the ground.

'Nuff said (for now at least).

Eunice, la

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Do you know that "Mayor Bob" leaves the office at 3:00 every afternoon so he can be home when his son gest there so that they can go and practice baseball? Even if it raining or sunshining!!! and that his other son is working at the Liberty Theatre, which is being run the by city, but yet he gets NO paycheck!!!!!Sounds little a fishy to me.
detdick342

Covington, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2007

sounds like you should file a complaint with the ethics board. Louisiana Ethics Administration 2415 Quail Drivr third floor Baton Rouge La 70808

Eunice, la

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2007

Did anyone watch the news on KATC? The mayor is gonna quit if he doesn't get his way. PROMISES, PROMISES...

Has anyone asked where this man is from? Who is his family? What kind of job he before he was mayor? Surely, someone know something about this jerk.

Also, go to the KEUN website and listen to coffee talk and listen to how he bashing Chawana Fontenot and Jack Burson.
Bennett Miller

Saint Martinville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

I, for one, am extremely pleased with the way the duly elected mayor is shaking things up. I used to watch the "yes sir, yes maam" city council meetings. Several of the councilmen would abstain from voting in an effort to not disagree with the previous administrations. At least Bob, who was elected, has the ability to question the status quo.
I certainly don't agree with some of his decisions, but as far as I can tell, he is actually doing something. I can't say the same thing about the previous public servants.

Eunice, la

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2007

But to not let the public speak at agenda/city council meeting is not right. He is a BULLY and people have to realize that. He has made Eunice, LA the laughing stock of the state. He is CRAZY.
Earl

New Iberia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2007

Bob Morris is creating an "awareness" of the city and how the city of Eunice is governed. The city is being run right or wrong is anyone's guess, but HE IS creating an interest. I never paid attention or even had the slightest urge to be interested in our city's politics until Bob Morris came along. Love him or hate him, he has gotten more people involved in the city activities and has encouraged (if by default) more people to have an interest in what goes on in our city.
Da Kine

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2007

Earl wrote:
Bob Morris is creating an "awareness" of the city and how the city of Eunice is governed. The city is being run right or wrong is anyone's guess, but HE IS creating an interest. I never paid attention or even had the slightest urge to be interested in our city's politics until Bob Morris came along. Love him or hate him, he has gotten more people involved in the city activities and has encouraged (if by default) more people to have an interest in what goes on in our city.
Yeah well, getting cancer will create awareness about your health...that doesn't make it a good thing.

Eunice, la

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2007

Thanks, Da Kine....Now that he had has said that he is going to quit AGAIN when things don't go his way. HE IS A JOKE AS AN ELECTED OFFICIAL!!!!

You know what happened to the little boy who called wolf to many times...the wolf finally ate him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Eunice Forum right now

Search the Eunice Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 7 hr Hold on there 2,639
Kenneth Carrier 9 hr A wondering mind 1
Joyce's 13 hr DemonDave 15
lil bit in party down south took nude pic of he... 13 hr DemonDave 3
Pine Prarie teen charged with DWI in major acci... (May '11) 16 hr Junkie 5
Third arrest made in kidnapping and rape of Eun... (Aug '10) Sat wondering 110
Zarangue (Feb '06) Sat Sheriff 13,510
•••
•••
•••
•••

Eunice Jobs

•••