Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Sep 25, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nopowerineuless

Irving, TX

#1 Jun 4, 2007
I am sick and tired of all the power outages we go thru every time it rains. There is a 5 block area around my place that experiences this EVERY time it rains. cops have to direct traffic; surely they have other things to focus on. What about our appliances?? TXU says they cannot help; Oncor is useless as well. anyone care to comment? I have e-mailed my representative in August.
mlass

Dallas, TX

#2 Jul 4, 2007
I can tell that there is a tree in the back of 514 Himes Dr causing an outage here (4th July). I called TXU before the Power Outages (4 this week) started this week about it. This morning it was like a Fourth of July firework.

The same tree several years ago took the power out (Very Large Area) for several days and they where called the minute it happened then. No one let anyone know about it. The Line Man walking up and down the street for hours never knew that the tree was reported days before.

What can on do?
mlass

Dallas, TX

#3 Feb 19, 2008
Just wanted to update.
After July 4th, 2007 I filed a complaint with the FTC. They contacted TXU. TXU tried to say that in a 12month period I only had 6 power outages (3 related to severe weather).
TXU send a crew out to address the issue with the tree, which now looks like a bonsai tree.
Six months later and we haven't had a single power outage even thru severe weather and high winds.

Thanks TXU for caring
Kim

Carrollton, TX

#5 Feb 21, 2008
"big bad john",
Who was blamming the police??? You might want to reread and get YOUR story straight!!!
Kim

Carrollton, TX

#8 Feb 24, 2008
I work in Euless. You need to learn how to spell!
texastwin827

Sierra Vista, AZ

#9 Mar 4, 2008
big bad john...I think Kim was trying to point out that NO ONE was blaming the police. In fact, the comment was "cops have to direct traffic; surely they have other things to focus on" suggesting that they too felt the police had better things to be doing, than directing traffic because of power outages.

By the way...I lived in N Richland Hills for a while...it's nothing to brag about.
ABC

Irving, TX

#10 Mar 4, 2008
I'm frustrated with the number of power
outages that we have here too. I'm sure
it's slowly frying our appliances and
electronics.
south garland

Rowlett, TX

#11 Apr 10, 2008
yah stupid
Watchman

United States

#12 Apr 10, 2008
I agree with the original post. Everytime we get a storm that comes through Euless, our power goes out. I feel like we live in the era when electricity first became a commodity to the populace, unstable and hard to get going again. Last year we went 2 days without electricity. Our food spoiled and our house became very uncomfortable due to the high temperatures without AC. Is Euless particularly susceptible to power outages more than other cities?
annieminute

Grapevine, TX

#13 Jun 5, 2008
Well, lights are out again in Euless in the Rockwall area. Oncor once again claims it is a transformer; this is the third time the same transformer was blamed for an outage. When are they going to replace an obviously faulty unit?
Someone needs to reimburse residents for the many times food had to be thrown in the trash, and the inconvenience of showering at other people's homes. Perhaps we all need to join together and file a class action suit for funds to pay for our wasted food and to force them to fix this transformer once and for all.
Anyone interested?
Diana

Falls Church, VA

#14 Jun 12, 2009
Well again Euless has been out of electricty for all 5 our strees off Denton and Main since Wedns. night at 7 PM..you cannot get thru to Oncor other than a recorded message..no trucks working on the outage in area...2 days and all the food bad now in frig...this has happened before for 3 1/2 days...CAN THEY NOT PRIORITIZE ... the last time it was a quick fix but SOMEONE HAS TO SHOW UP TO FIX IT before they can troubleshoot....we pay so much to these guys and they don't do the job!!!
zvenomx

Irving, TX

#15 Feb 12, 2010
did the power come back on yet in Euless?
zvenomx

Irving, TX

#16 Feb 12, 2010
did the power come back on in Euless yet?
unknown

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Feb 12, 2010
zvenomx wrote:
did the power come back on in Euless yet?
not where I'm at
Rumble

Dallas, TX

#18 Feb 24, 2011
We are having power outage for several hours now in Euless.
Anyone knows what's going on, and when power comes on?
elizabeth

United States

#19 Jun 19, 2011
What gives? No power for a five block radius. Simmons amd whitener. Anyone know what is going on.
edward rose

United States

#20 Aug 13, 2011
Yet another power outage. Been off since noon and not a truck in sight to fix it nine hours later. Really tired of these problems. Lost hundreds of dollars in food twice last year as well... Live around westover/baze area
edward rose

United States

#21 Aug 31, 2011
Guess what another power outage in the same small area. Last time it was out for 23 hours and we lost all of our food and had to pay for hotel since my oldest daughter has asthma. They didn't even send out a truck to fix it until the next morning. There were no roilling blackouts reported and the outtage was isolated. Bottom line is that this provider since I have lived here has cost me thousands of dollars in wasted food and half as much in medically necessary hotel stays when hot.
edward rose

United States

#22 Sep 21, 2011
As of 630pm sept 20th power was out in a large part of euless... Again... Called Oncor they said it would be back up at 9pm on a recorded message. My wife finally got ahold of real person and despite their rudeness were able to tell us 11pm. As of 630am still no power and their ever so helpful message is still saying 9pm yesterday. There is a crew working on it, but I feel as if oncor keeps putting a bandaid on this problem as we are losing power in a very small part of our subdivision about every other day and longer periods about twice a month. This companies apathy and unwillingness to take care of their customers has yet again cost me hundreds more dollars in wasted food, not to mention these frequent and often lengthy power issues would negatively impact the resale value of any homes in this area. I want to take further action, but not sure where to start
big bad john

North Richland Hills, TX

#23 Sep 21, 2011
My dear fellow lop-sided freinds. This is a part of life and it,s not there fault. Things happen and things we don,t like happen. And the rudeness is apparently coming from the people that are posting these threads. I don,t see others complaining and they are trying to get this problem fixed someday when they can.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Euless Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 17 min Gasman 17,863
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 47 min Gasman 22,276
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 23 hr Gasman 663
Nile Aug 25 Badass Jonathon 1
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Aug 21 Gasman 523
•••

Euless News Video

•••
Euless Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Euless Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••