Voter ID issue stirs up Texas Legisla...

Voter ID issue stirs up Texas Legislature

There are 12 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 1, 2009, titled Voter ID issue stirs up Texas Legislature. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

State lawmakers are getting ready for another political battle over whether voters should have to show photo identification to cast a ballot, perhaps the most contentious partisan fight in the Capitol this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Corruption promoted

AOL

#1 May 2, 2009
In the city having the FBI probe running hot, the "founding fathers"
---El Paso Democratic state Reps. Joe Moody and Pickett said they had seen no evidence that voter impersonation was occurring on a large enough scale to warrant stricter identification requirements.

"If it's an attempt to merely suppress the vote, then it's something that I cannot support," Moody said.

----------would scream bloody murder at the local attitude.

Power corrupts, and it abounds in El Paso!

Just how much corruption is tolerabl;e or acceptable??
The time for ZERO tolerance is NOW!
GuadalupeTacoJes us

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 May 2, 2009
“Democrats say there is no voter-impersonation problem in Texas and requiring photo ID would shut out thousands of mostly elderly, minority and disabled Texans who don't have access to those kinds of documents”

If the elderly, minority, and disabled Texans can make it to a voting booth, they certainly can make it to the offices to attain proper documentation (photo I.D.) prior to voting.

The democrats are playing a shell game.
citizen

El Paso, TX

#3 May 2, 2009
Of course the demoncrats don't want the illegals shut out of the voting booth. That is how they stay in power in El Paso. That and voteing straight party. Moody would have never won if the voters had to think about what button to push. He was elected by straight party voters.
Hijacked Sovereignty

Moran, TX

#4 May 2, 2009
Voter fraud is no longer necessary. The illegal aliens are now legal, and that makes their hegemony in this country legal. Illiteracy and idiocy are now okay. We are caught up in a "diversity" vortex, as prescribed by the multinational corporations, that has spun us into oblivion as a sovereign nation.

A few days ago, our illustrious Secretary of State, Hillary, ridiculed those who oppose "global governance," particularly deriding Lou Dobbs. Global governance is no longer a hidden agenda, and most people no longer care. Our first ruling, resident viceroy probably will come from China, but he (no gender bias here; he will be a man) will probably be called something fancy that will make him more palatable, for a while, anyway.
Rules

AOL

#5 May 2, 2009
As long as there's "ACORN", I say go for it, Photo ID, fingerprints, DNA etc. etc. I know, it'll never happen but something has to definitely be done. Democrats have to learn to play by the rules!!
Far Fetched Conspiracy

Moran, TX

#7 May 2, 2009
Hijacked Sovereignty wrote:
Voter fraud is no longer necessary. The illegal aliens are now legal, and that makes their hegemony in this country legal. Illiteracy and idiocy are now okay. We are caught up in a "diversity" vortex, as prescribed by the multinational corporations, that has spun us into oblivion as a sovereign nation.
A few days ago, our illustrious Secretary of State, Hillary, ridiculed those who oppose "global governance," particularly deriding Lou Dobbs. Global governance is no longer a hidden agenda, and most people no longer care. Our first ruling, resident viceroy probably will come from China, but he (no gender bias here; he will be a man) will probably be called something fancy that will make him more palatable, for a while, anyway.
"...he (no gender bias here; he will be a man) will probably be called something fancy that will make him more palatable, for a while, anyway...."

He'll probably initially have a title like "Ambassador," and he may be here already.

Most certainly, the Obama Administration is liberally infested with "Bilderbergers" whose agenda of one-world government has been transparent for decades.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/200...

Hillary's ridiculing of Lou Dobbs:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2009/05/hill...
william

El Paso, TX

#8 May 2, 2009
I agree with hijacked 100%. The maj. of the country wanted obama and the liberal demo.'s so you have not even seen nor heared just how far down the hill this country is going to go.Hang on for the ride of your life.
MackB

Humble, TX

#9 May 7, 2009
Texas Citizens almost had a Voter ID law last session but the Democrats had enough votes to stop the law with an assist from the past Republican leader of the Senate. Again it is the Elitist Politicians and their Elitist Contributors that desire to control elections in any manner that's required.
HappyDallas

Denton, TX

#10 May 23, 2009
I have looked at the ballots cast by mail here in Dallas. It amazes me that a house that has three bedrooms can cast 30 or so votes. There is voter fraud going on. How much is unknown, but there is some, and it seems to benefit the Democrat party. The Democrats are so eagerly defending this issue, that one must assume they will be hurt if it passes. This country's entire existance is based on democracy. That means that you vote and the majority rules. If we allow Democrats to continue stealing elections, we no longer have a democracy. Everyone should be required to show ID before casting votes. If nothing else to give each confidence in the democratic process. If your elected representative doesn't want to show id, he should go. Remember this on election day.
File charges

AOL

#11 May 24, 2009
HappyDallas wrote:
I have looked at the ballots cast by mail here in Dallas. It amazes me that a house that has three bedrooms can cast 30 or so votes. There is voter fraud going on. How much is unknown, but there is some, and it seems to benefit the Democrat party. The Democrats are so eagerly defending this issue, that one must assume they will be hurt if it passes. This country's entire existance is based on democracy. That means that you vote and the majority rules. If we allow Democrats to continue stealing elections, we no longer have a democracy. Everyone should be required to show ID before casting votes. If nothing else to give each confidence in the democratic process. If your elected representative doesn't want to show id, he should go. Remember this on election day.
Dude, if you can get those facts to the DA, lets get some criminal notches!

For election integrity!

Since: Dec 06

Arlington, TX

#12 May 24, 2009
I have never voted with out having to show my ID.
Yet other races go thru and don't.
One latino who drove themselves there claimed to have left their D/L home. There were multipal John (Juan) Garcias on the list and had voted. This Jaun was alowed to vote as a Provisional voter that would make their mind up about later.
I wonder which Jaun's vote counted or most likely both.
Citizen

Clyde, TX

#13 Nov 3, 2011
If you think Texas Voter ID stirred up the legislature back in 2009. Just wait until the elections of 2012 when they find that Texas Voters have been denied their right to vote because of an issue with 911 addressing that has no way of being resolved because of the illegal way it was implemented in the first place. If they like Cr then they should move to a road marked Cr and leave the real names on our roads like the 911 addressing statute requires in the first place. If you ever heard of trying to find a needle in a hay stack then come to Newton County Texas. If you live in a poor rural area you have to deal with this Cr crap that they assigned at gun point. And they can do all the denying that they want to and make up what ever story they want to tell. It still will not change the fact that the addresses assigned by the Newton County Commissioners Court are not liked and are down right endangering the citizens of Newton County and the property of those that are forced to live on this tainted serial number roads. The topic is Voter ID. Well if you do not use these stupid 911 addresses then you will loose your federally protected right to vote because the county is using the other laws to force these illegally posted addresses which also violate federal law and it does not really matter who thinks that these are names. A contract with the commissioners court can not be broken by another commissioners court because of some statute passed by the state legislature, all contracts with the government whether that government be local, state, or federal are binding by the Constitution section II. To set names is constitutional, but the right to rename a named road bound by a contract is un-constitutional. I am sorry if this upset your precious little system, but even you are bound by the law. Correct the addressing errors that you have made and stop harrassing the citizens of this state. People who do not use these stupid offensive addresses according the voter ID bill will be denied their right to vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Euless Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Green Top Lawn Care (Jun '13) Jun 22 Bigbod 4
Are there any non-racist white people in Irving? Jun 20 Davieboy 3
Hurst Music Thread (Nov '14) Jun 9 Musikologist 8
News Hispanic exodus from Irving, TX hurts businesses (Oct '07) Jun 9 Ex Tiger 258
Irving TX getto Jun 9 Ex Tiger 5
Southlake Jukebox (Jul '12) Jun 7 Musikologist 16
News Patients voice support for accused dentist (Jun '07) Jun 6 Hateful patients 15

Euless Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Euless Mortgages