Zak Fontaine

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

I have a lot of respect for police. I appreciate what they do every day. Anytime the police pull someone over, their life is on the line. With all of the craziness going on out there, why would the Euless police (at 11pm) lay in wait at a residential stop sign to ticket local homeowners who might not come to a complete stop? I am not aware of that particular residential intersection being problematic. Is Euless that desperate for revenue? I believe traffic laws are not a suggestion and should be enforced. I understand that sometimes a late night stop can yield an unsavory suspect. However, I also think there is some room for some brotherhood and some latitude for discretion. The driver was very courteous, the officer, very professional. A warning would have done so much more for the reputation of local law enforcement. Euless made $250 in enforcing the unspeakable offence of not coming to a full stop.. and their reputation greatly diminished to this local homeowner and Euless neighbor. I still support police and police work. Now please go catch a criminal!
texaspride

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Zak Fontaine wrote:
why would the Euless police (at 11pm) lay in wait at a residential stop sign to ticket local homeowners who might not come to a complete stop?
Writing tickets like this is for revenue not public safety. I got a ticket (first in twenty years) in Bedford the other day going 42MPH in a zone that went from 40 to 30.
policia de Tejas

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

Most of the violations are issued to fund the community. No one is saving a life by giving a ticket to someone slowly rolling through a stop sign in their own neighborhood or going 40 MPH. Cops don't have a quota but if they don't bring in some tickets at the end of the shift it looks like they're not working.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Euless Discussions

Search the Euless Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Defiant1 17,289
Cheers & Jeers 2 hr Emma Lazarus 1
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 hr That Fart Guy 21,736
Railroad Track Noise (Jul '13) 19 hr oh-tx 2
Debate: Marijuana - Hurst, TX (Aug '10) 19 hr oh-tx 10
Correction: Exxon Mobil-Gay Rights Story Wed Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub 4
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
•••
•••

Euless News Video

•••
Euless Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••