Zak Fontaine

Mckinney, TX

#1 Feb 5, 2012
I have a lot of respect for police. I appreciate what they do every day. Anytime the police pull someone over, their life is on the line. With all of the craziness going on out there, why would the Euless police (at 11pm) lay in wait at a residential stop sign to ticket local homeowners who might not come to a complete stop? I am not aware of that particular residential intersection being problematic. Is Euless that desperate for revenue? I believe traffic laws are not a suggestion and should be enforced. I understand that sometimes a late night stop can yield an unsavory suspect. However, I also think there is some room for some brotherhood and some latitude for discretion. The driver was very courteous, the officer, very professional. A warning would have done so much more for the reputation of local law enforcement. Euless made $250 in enforcing the unspeakable offence of not coming to a full stop.. and their reputation greatly diminished to this local homeowner and Euless neighbor. I still support police and police work. Now please go catch a criminal!
texaspride

Red Oak, TX

#2 Feb 6, 2012
Zak Fontaine wrote:
why would the Euless police (at 11pm) lay in wait at a residential stop sign to ticket local homeowners who might not come to a complete stop?
Writing tickets like this is for revenue not public safety. I got a ticket (first in twenty years) in Bedford the other day going 42MPH in a zone that went from 40 to 30.
policia de Tejas

Dallas, TX

#3 Feb 7, 2012
Most of the violations are issued to fund the community. No one is saving a life by giving a ticket to someone slowly rolling through a stop sign in their own neighborhood or going 40 MPH. Cops don't have a quota but if they don't bring in some tickets at the end of the shift it looks like they're not working.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Euless Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nepali stripper+ in DFW, Bindu Pariyar (Apr '13) Fri Dead Pumkin Wimp 16
Sexual Predators who turn violent....Russell Jo... Dec 25 Disgusted in Dallas 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
This is actually pretty cool. Dec 16 Big bad john 2
Looking for a deadbeat mom, Lupe "Lu" Castillo (Oct '07) Dec 16 Big bad john 9
Man sues Colleyville bariatric clinic over ampu... Dec 16 Bone crusher 1
Paying red-light camera ticket can be tricky (Oct '09) Dec 10 Big bad john 32

Euless News Video

Euless Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Euless People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Euless News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Euless