New Messianic Judaism congregation me...

New Messianic Judaism congregation meets in Euless

There are 292 comments on the A liberal dose story from Dec 8, 2007, titled New Messianic Judaism congregation meets in Euless. In it, A liberal dose reports that:

“The earliest Christians were Jews, but it grew into its own tradition. People are entitled to believe what they want, but they [Messianic congregations] are not really Jewish.”

A new Messianic Judaism congregation -- for Jews who convert to Christianity and non-Jews who believe Jesus is the Jewish messiah -- will meet for the first time today at Metroplex Chapel in Euless.

'There's been an awakening of Christians wanting to understand their Jewish heritage better,' said Rabbi Marty Cohen of Burkburnett, who will lead the new congregation, to be called Metroplex Messianic Fellowship.

Metroplex Chapel, a Nazarene church, has offered to share its space with the congregation, which will worship in traditional Jewish ways, Cohen said. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at A liberal dose.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Mimi Rezich

Dallas, TX

#1 Dec 24, 2007
I am very interested in finding out more about Messianic Judaism and want to attend a service. I live in Euless.
Divorah

Ogden, UT

#2 Dec 25, 2007
"Messianic Judaism" is not Judaism, it is 100% Christianity. The term "Messianic Judaism" was created as a way to encourage Jews to convert to Christianity through lies. There is nothing Jewish about that church.
PAD

Louisville, KY

#3 Dec 26, 2007
Divorah wrote:
"Messianic Judaism" is not Judaism, it is 100% Christianity. The term "Messianic Judaism" was created as a way to encourage Jews to convert to Christianity through lies. There is nothing Jewish about that church.
I really appreciate the fact Divorah you are a daughter of Judaism, but dear one so was Jesus or Yeshua. As a son of Judaism he knew much about his faith, in both culture and practice, as a matter of fact back than it was very much more of a vivid Jewish Life. In spite of the Roman government and their oppression, the Jews did practice and taught their youth well. Christianity is yes an expression of what was taken from the New Test. but the authors of the whole Bible are Jewish, save maybe Luke, who might have been a gentile. His contribution to the scriptures do not gentilise the word in the least, as he brought out more Jewishness than even the others if that is possible.Christianity is not the final word on the Person of Jesus Divorah, and you can stand on your traditions and your culture and your heritage till the end of the decades, and that will not change the fact that this 2000 year old Cult of Yeshua still exists, grows stronger every day in spite of some of the worst persecutions it has ever endured. Even some of the most well known Rabbis from Israel acknowledge the fact that Christians are going through the worst times this planet has ever known. But it is not about the Christians Divorah,it is about this person who you consider a renegade Jew, that has caused all this turmoil in the world. He himself even as controversial as he was could have caused such spiritual conflict DEAD in the History of time.You know that Jewish history had many messiahs? want-to-bes and so on who are long forgotten, yet even left a mark of some kind. There are some renowned rabbis Jews still honor to this day, from the time of Moses, but never has there been one like this one. No he was not a rabbi! You may say, but in scripture he was referred to as such._________Christians is a title for those who follow him, but the real believers are those who know him in a personal way, as their messiah friend, brother. Many Christians of course want to see every Jew converted, but Yeshua would rather see every Jew come to him and know him, and to have their heavy loads removed from their shoulders.He is the only Jew that has a remedy for sin, some Christians have found it, and praise God his people are finding it as well.You really don't think Divorah that God your Father is going to give you an A-plus for hating a brother, just because you never wanted to meet him or know him as he really is?
better yet

Dallas, TX

#4 Dec 27, 2007
Just send your 10% to me. I'll do my best to make you feel guilty, subserviant and unworthy to think for yourself. Gather 10 of your friends and we'll buy a tent and hold services.
falasha

Hood River, OR

#5 Dec 27, 2007
better yet wrote:
Just send your 10% to me. I'll do my best to make you feel guilty, subserviant and unworthy to think for yourself. Gather 10 of your friends and we'll buy a tent and hold services.
Are you talking about church or temple? Because there are christians that are fed up with the branch of paul. This body of christ is more interested in hanging onto power than protecting the most innocent and vulnerable. We want to be able to use our brains without assault on our salvation. We need a new religion that's for sure.
Divorah

Ogden, UT

#6 Dec 28, 2007
falasha,

I don't concider jc to be anything other than a composite character invented by Paul who was not a Jew. The authors of the Christian NT are largely unknown and knew little to nothing of either Judaism or Tanach. The gross errors throughout that text show that very clearly. Your concepts of messiah, salvation, god, etc are not Jewish in origin and are not supported by Tanach.

I don't hate you or anyone else, I merely stated fact. The "messianic Jew" movement is Christian in origin and is not Jewish in any way, shape, or form.
Divorah

Ogden, UT

#7 Dec 28, 2007
FYI, the term "falasha" is concidered an insult.
heath

Grand Prairie, TX

#8 Dec 28, 2007
Divorah wrote:
FYI, the term "falasha" is concidered an insult.
religion is an insult... to human intelligence.
falasha

Hood River, OR

#9 Dec 28, 2007
Divorah wrote:
FYI, the term "falasha" is concidered an insult.
I know exactly what falasha means. Thanks for your concern.
falasha

Hood River, OR

#10 Dec 28, 2007
Divorah wrote:
"Messianic Judaism" is not Judaism, it is 100% Christianity. The term "Messianic Judaism" was created as a way to encourage Jews to convert to Christianity through lies. There is nothing Jewish about that church.
I would totally agree with this statement. However, Jews do have a history of waiting for a Messiah. And the reason we don't know more about the historical Jesus is because the IAA uses christian orthodox scholars with agendas. Anything that might disagree with NT is shoved under the rug.
Divorah

Ogden, UT

#11 Dec 31, 2007
falasha wrote:
<quoted text>
I would totally agree with this statement. However, Jews do have a history of waiting for a Messiah. And the reason we don't know more about the historical Jesus is because the IAA uses christian orthodox scholars with agendas. Anything that might disagree with NT is shoved under the rug.
We Jews have had many valid moshiachim. Although we look forward to hamoshiach showing up, he's a minor issue in Judaism.

The Christian concept of Messiah though, does not have anything to do with Judaism. As to why there is little known about "the historical" JC is because there's no such thing. At most, he's a composite character created by Paul.
heath

Grand Prairie, TX

#12 Dec 31, 2007
Divorah wrote:
<quoted text>
We Jews have had many valid moshiachim. Although we look forward to hamoshiach showing up, he's a minor issue in Judaism.
The Christian concept of Messiah though, does not have anything to do with Judaism. As to why there is little known about "the historical" JC is because there's no such thing. At most, he's a composite character created by Paul.
I am all too excited to finally read some logical points. i am most definately not jewish NOR am i a christian, but in fact, after years of research i have come to conclude that JC never existed in history. One of my MANY argument points is the simple fact that PAUL was the first one to write about this jesus character. there were no written documents from jesus' life span. decades later paul teaches of this figure and in fact, makes the claim that "if jesus had been on earth, he would not have been a priest" This statement very clearly dictates paul's view of jesus the christ as a mythological figure.
falasha

Hood River, OR

#13 Jan 1, 2008
Divorah wrote:
<quoted text>
We Jews have had many valid moshiachim. Although we look forward to hamoshiach showing up, he's a minor issue in Judaism.
The Christian concept of Messiah though, does not have anything to do with Judaism. As to why there is little known about "the historical" JC is because there's no such thing. At most, he's a composite character created by Paul.
Sorry, I don't agree. While there is no archaeological evidence, it's hard to imagine such a grass roots movement existing without a charismatic leader. Also, there is no evidence for the existance of King David.
PAD

Louisville, KY

#14 Jan 3, 2008
Well then the Jews have a lot to answer to God for folks. They are supposed to be the light of this world to the gentiles.Why don't you clear up that matter since you have been so blessed to eradicate JC with Paul as an inventor of the NT.Before JC and the NT the gentile nations were mostly pagan and or idol worshippers. Many gentiles were sacrificing children to horrid gods and goddesses. Every part of this world has been influenced by the followers of Yeshua. Many are dying for Him today in record numbers, and alongside the Jews as well. Under Communism many Jews and Christians have spent many years in concentration camps, many died never giving up the FAITH._________Today Divorah there are many Christians financing the aliyah of Jews from Russia and other countries to Israel.Your whole concept of being a Jew is selfish, as to be a Jew is to praise God, Judah what does that mean? Your whole purpose for living should be to connect with the Great I AM and to share Him with others. So far all you have done is tell us that Messianic Jews are no longer Jews, and are Christians. That shows you how narrow your vision is. You are choosing blindness over light, and that although your perogative will eventually leave you cold as ice. Hate is not what you need to serve the Living God!
Tovah

Boca Raton, FL

#15 Jan 6, 2008
PAD wrote:
Well then the Jews have a lot to answer to God for folks.
As do Christians. How will you answer to God for "you shall have no other gods before me.?"

Christianity worships Jesus, so what is that about?

How about this commandment?

"Observe the sabbath day and keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you."

The Sabbath is Saturday, Christians worship Jesus on Sunday. How do you explain that one?
popular front of judea

Birmingham, UK

#16 Jan 6, 2008
Why does king David say "Adonai said to my Lord" in the Psalms (Tehillim). He is referring to messiah as Lord does he beleive in two Lords or One God?
Why did Ya`acov wrestle with the angel of the Lord at Peniel but he said I have seen the face of G-d and lived. the text says he wrestled with "a man". But "as G-d is not a man the he should lie". was Yacov wrong in his asertion that he seen the face of G-d and lived. who was it he wrestled with was it the pre-incarnate Yeshua?
Divorah

Ogden, UT

#17 Jan 8, 2008
popular front of judea wrote:
Why does king David say "Adonai said to my Lord" in the Psalms (Tehillim). He is referring to messiah as Lord does he beleive in two Lords or One God?
Why did Ya`acov wrestle with the angel of the Lord at Peniel but he said I have seen the face of G-d and lived. the text says he wrestled with "a man". But "as G-d is not a man the he should lie". was Yacov wrong in his asertion that he seen the face of G-d and lived. who was it he wrestled with was it the pre-incarnate Yeshua?
David says no such thing. Your problem is that you read a translation of a transation which has been intentionally altered to support the tenets of Christianity. If you knew Hebrew you would know that the word adoni is used the same way as it is in English. In other words, it simply means 'lord' and is used both in reference to people and to HaShem.
falasha

Hood River, OR

#18 Jan 8, 2008
Divorah wrote:
<quoted text>
David says no such thing. Your problem is that you read a translation of a transation which has been intentionally altered to support the tenets of Christianity. If you knew Hebrew you would know that the word adoni is used the same way as it is in English. In other words, it simply means 'lord' and is used both in reference to people and to HaShem.
What about elohim?(Don't know a lot of hebrew)
Divorah

Ogden, UT

#19 Jan 8, 2008
falasha wrote:
<quoted text>
What about elohim?(Don't know a lot of hebrew)
Again, a word used to describe both people and HaShem. What has to be understood is that the 'names' for HaShem in Tanach are descriptors, they aren't literal names. When referring to people the word elohim means great/powerful people such as judges. When used to described HaShem it is in the singular and infers His greatness and power when He creates.
falasha

Hood River, OR

#20 Jan 8, 2008
Divorah wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, a word used to describe both people and HaShem. What has to be understood is that the 'names' for HaShem in Tanach are descriptors, they aren't literal names. When referring to people the word elohim means great/powerful people such as judges. When used to described HaShem it is in the singular and infers His greatness and power when He creates.
Todah Rebah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Euless Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 21 OnePhart 1,123
Day Without Immigrants... Feb 16 ICE Capitan 1
Charity Workout and Fund Raiser- YOU CAN MAKE A... Feb 15 CoachJeffTFW 1
Charity Workout and Fund Raiser- YOU CAN MAKE A... Feb 15 CoachJeffTFW 1
Colleyville,Texas Murder of Anita Fox (Mar '15) Feb 14 All will know the... 132
Atencion! Hola!!! Feb 12 Political Atheist 6
News Duck Virus Leaves Carcasses Around Bedford Pond (May '08) Feb 11 Reed22 6

Euless Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Euless Mortgages