Tarrant says no to tax freeze for sen...

Tarrant says no to tax freeze for seniors, disabled residents

There are 24 comments on the Dallas Morning News story from Jul 19, 2006, titled Tarrant says no to tax freeze for seniors, disabled residents. In it, Dallas Morning News reports that:

Tarrant County commissioners rejected a request Tuesday that they freeze property tax bills for senior citizens and people with disabilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Morning News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Taxpayer

New Milford, CT

#22 Oct 12, 2009
Where do I sign the petition?
suburbian

Lewisville, TX

#23 Oct 18, 2009
Enough about what we can't do anything about anyway. The officiating in the recent Marcus Southlake football game was HORRIBLE! Not that the Dragons needed it, they were clearly the better team but it was so obviously lopsided. I guess money talks - especially in Southlake. It was funny when Tony Romo walked to the Southlake sideline and their quarterback promptly threw an interception.

“Meow”

Since: May 07

Yacking up a topix hairball

#24 Oct 18, 2009
John Peter Smith wrote:
Why should someone get their taxes frozen just because they've reached a certain age. Senior citizens already get an extra exemption on their property taxes. Enough is enough!
I think the only one they get exempt from makes sense. It's the school tax. I doubt there are any 65+ that still have any biological children under the age of 18. But if you feel that way, I'm guessing you are also into the abolishment of a retirement age, too. Everyone would be at work until they dropped dead?
Fwbuckeroo Fort Worth

Dallas, TX

#25 Oct 18, 2009
To SOME OF YOU FOLKS THAT JUST DON'T GET IT, it isn't that we have not been paying taxes, when froze, just means it does not increase from that one fixed point in time, we are not getting out of paying taxes we still pay a healthy chunk annually.
It is time to tell The Fort Worth administration, balance your budget, work with discretization. Or we vote them out and get a new herd to deal with it.
We do feel like after 40 years or so, we have more than paid our dues, it is time for some relief.
I can say as assuringly as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, if Fort Worth plays the tax and spend game, this city will loose residents and business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Euless Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voters to decide on $208 million Carroll school... Apr 14 Southlake Refugee 1
Irving TX getto Apr 12 Alison 2
Need Art Supplies Apr 9 Lseilers 1
News Missing Irving Womana s Body Found In Trinity R... (Apr '11) Mar 31 Doubter 18
Review: HEB Plumbing (Jun '12) Mar '17 Buddy 16
News North Texas woman reported missing found safe 4... Mar '17 MissingPhartss 1
Colleyville,Texas Murder of Anita Fox (Mar '15) Mar '17 Clark 134

Euless Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Euless Mortgages