Gov. Rick Perry vetoes bill lifting s...

Gov. Rick Perry vetoes bill lifting sex offenders 21, younger f...

There are 130 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jun 28, 2009, titled Gov. Rick Perry vetoes bill lifting sex offenders 21, younger f.... In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Aaron Jernigan had just started college at age 18 and was planning a career as a music teacher when he met a girl at a party and his whole world changed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
fedup

Sunderland, MA

#125 Aug 5, 2009
I'm smoking the truth! how about you? Please don't bore me with one of those all perverts must die comments. Mr. Lunsford stated he thinks it's ok to have people on the SOR, even if they should not be there.(boyfriend girlfriend,ect) It does not matter as long as a kid is protected. I want protection for kids as well. However others should not be branded for life in the name of flase protection and lies by law makers and media. Your toke
Rights For All

United States

#126 Aug 5, 2009
fedup wrote:
I feel for the guy Mark Lunsford however he is pushing in the wrong direction. He was at a senate meeting in Washington a few months back. My name and story were taken as testimony at this hearing. The whole thing is on tape. He sat there and stated that even if some people on the list should not be there it's ok as long as one kid is protected. So it does not matter that people have there lives ruined as long as one kid is protected. This is about how the law maker thinks as well.
So he has brainwashed people to think that the only way to save a child is to destroy 1000s of other peoples lifes and then his son does the same thing and gets away with it!

These are just a few words that come to mind when I think of Mark Lunsford and all the so called law makers that listen to him!

Arrogance
Ignorance
An enormous sense of self righteousness

“Eat me!”

Since: Jul 09

Dallas

#127 Aug 8, 2009
These are People wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, what are you smoking?
...and how much does it run per ounce?
Honest Opinion

Bayonne, NJ

#128 Aug 9, 2009
Just Thinking out loud wrote:
<quoted text> I am sorry about your grandson,
These are the type of stories I hear all the, but it is a very unpopular subject for people to talk about, I am a concern citizen that through the years have watched these laws grow and have become so counterproductive for the offender and their families that i am tired of sitting back and watching their whole families being destroyed.
I am not taking up for the ones that have never changed, but for the ones that have for years paid their debt to society and are not a danger to the public, they should not be on the registry , And you are right vote your Gov out of office.
As far as I know 100% of the legislators voted for these laws. And, most of them didn't read the bills before voting. Saving our children, you know? That's why Brandon 17 is doing 60 years, Ellis has been bludgeoned to death instead of being home with his family and thousands of young lovers are marked predators! Thanks to the legislators!
fed up

Sunderland, MA

#129 Aug 9, 2009
Honest Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I know 100% of the legislators voted for these laws. And, most of them didn't read the bills before voting. Saving our children, you know? That's why Brandon 17 is doing 60 years, Ellis has been bludgeoned to death instead of being home with his family and thousands of young lovers are marked predators! Thanks to the legislators!
it's a whole lot less money than the illegal laws that do nothing but ruin lives. Check into it and you will see what the gov. spends to track people on a list that should not be there. It's your money as well!
These are People

Dallas, TX

#130 Aug 9, 2009
I have just recently learned some facts about our justice system in America. I have lived a long life believing our system was just great. If you couldn't afford a lawyer one would be appointed for you. However, this does not mean that he will ever hear your story before you go to prison. Our system, is not what most of us law abiding people believe it is. Get on the internet and learn about the justice system. The facts that you read will take you by surprise. The problem is most of us just don't care until it becomes our problem.

No, I do not have a family member accused of a sex crime, nor do I know anyone that does, but I happened to run across facts on this while checking on another matter. People this law needs to change.

Governor Perry needs to be put out of office next election. Do you know that Governor Perry even got a hard-ship drivers license for his daughter a few years back before she reached the required age. She needed to be able to drive because he traveled a lot and of course with all we provide him in funds to run his affairs he still couldn't find anyone to drive her when he was gone. Laws are for others--not the chosen few.
These are People

Dallas, TX

#131 Aug 9, 2009
fedup wrote:
I'm smoking the truth! how about you? Please don't bore me with one of those all perverts must die comments. Mr. Lunsford stated he thinks it's ok to have people on the SOR, even if they should not be there.(boyfriend girlfriend,ect) It does not matter as long as a kid is protected. I want protection for kids as well. However others should not be branded for life in the name of flase protection and lies by law makers and media. Your toke
I wasn't referring to you when I said what are you smoking. If you thought I was, you need to look back at who I was referring to. I think you will then agree with me.
These are People

Dallas, TX

#132 Aug 9, 2009
Honest Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, I am wrong, but from what I read I thought the vote was to change this and Governor Perry vetoed it. With this, that puts Governor Perry completely responsible. If I am wrong someone tell me, but I do believe that is what I read.
Larry

Tyler, TX

#133 Jun 20, 2010
Casting Stones wrote:
For those holy rollers on here, God also says tithe -- 10 % of your income to the church; not to lust or covet, keep the Sabbath Holy, love your neighbor as yourself,etc. You hypocritical holy rollers need to wake up. What if Texas starts legislating all of God's ways? Where will you fall? Keep throwing those stones. I'm sure God has something to say about hypocrits.
Premarital sex is a moral issue not a legal issue. These cases are not cases of molestation or child sexual abuse. These are cases of two kids having sex where one kid ends up on the registry for life, and the other is labeled a "victim."
Perry needs to lay off the hairspray. Its killing his brain cells.
Very well put.
flower

El Paso, TX

#134 Jun 20, 2010
Sorry,, to say but young girls know what they are doing.... Now I days girls grow up to fast and they think they are ready for sex and then it happens and its not what they had thought it was...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Euless Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hostage taker, Christopher Dew, dead. Feb 4 Dew Dead 1
News A Texas Police Officer Make An Incredible Heads... Feb 4 Dew Dead 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Bedford Feb 4 vparks 14
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Candle farts 847
News Irving Police Looking For Shooting Suspect (Apr '07) Jan 31 D jazz 18
News State money freed up to expand highways in Azle... Jan 30 Boyd fupa 3
Used vehicles cheap down payments Jan 20 Mkw 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Euless Mortgages