EPD Immorality / Coruption
Curious Jane

United States

#102 Oct 11, 2011
Bill Thrasher wrote:
Well, I heard I had been discussed and am pleased to see that is was in a positive way. To 10710103 I would say thank you for your kind comments. Please let me say that I have no wish to be the Chief of Police in Euharlee, or anywhere else for that matter. I already miss law enforcement work but have finally gotten the opportunity to catch up on, amoung other things, my Bride's honey-do list. I can't speak for any problems that Euharlee may or not have, but I can tell you that the Lt. that you speak of is a good man. His name is Mike Fitz. Please don't let any bad experience in Kingston be the factor you use to judge him.
I live right down the road from ya'll and I tell folks that I live in suburban Euharlee. I wish you all well.
It is so nice to see someone post something positive.....you sound like a great person; wish you the best.
Curious Jane

United States

#103 Oct 11, 2011
10710103 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that Bill Thrasher would make an outstanding executive officer and chief. He has documented credentials and many years in serving the public in a fair and honest way. He wouldn't tolerate the mismanagement and un-organization I've heard that's been running ramped at the PD. Even Chuck Martin wouldn't have put up with the sloppy organization and high turnover at the PD. No one wants to work there now because it's gotten a bad reputation from the law enforcement community. Maybe somebody can get it back on track. God bless them. We owe them our blessing to weed out the unqualified.
Think about this who was the City Manager when Chuck Martin was Chief??? Everyone loved Ms. Harris and she loved the City of Euhalree and treated people with respect.
Bill Thrasher

Rome, GA

#104 Oct 11, 2011
Thank you very much Jane. I wish you the best as well. I am starting to enjoy this posting business though I am quite new to the game
Curious Jane

United States

#105 Oct 11, 2011
Bill Thrasher wrote:
Thank you very much Jane. I wish you the best as well. I am starting to enjoy this posting business though I am quite new to the game
Your welcome & I would like Thank you sir for your years of service in LE. This can be a very informative tool but as you can see some people take it to the next level that it gets annoying. Please don't let yourself get too caught up in it....just have fun.
Bill Thrasher

United States

#106 Oct 11, 2011
now that's excellent advice. If I know something constructive and can pass it on, I will. Otherwise, I have no desire to get involved in the local politics of it all.
Euharlee Creek

Novato, CA

#107 Oct 11, 2011
The best choice for a new Police Chief would be Officer Simons who left the dept. last month. He would not put up with what is going on there and would clean it up. The only problem is the council would have to get rid of the C.M. before he would even consider taking the position because he is a man of integrity and would not let her run the dept.
Bill Thrasher

Rome, GA

#108 Oct 11, 2011
Euharlee Creek wrote:
The best choice for a new Police Chief would be Officer Simons who left the dept. last month. He would not put up with what is going on there and would clean it up. The only problem is the council would have to get rid of the C.M. before he would even consider taking the position because he is a man of integrity and would not let her run the dept.
Without offering any comment on the inner workings or politics of the City of Euharlee, I can say that Doug Simons is indeed a man of honor and integrity. He has served his Country as a combat Marine and has done the law enforcement profession well. I also know that the new Adairsville chief, Robert Jones called him and offered him a job. Jones used to work for Simons in Gordon Co. and knows what kind of man he is. Again, I am not commenting on the in and out of Euharlee politics but I can assure you that Euharlee's loss is Adairsville's gain.
truth teller

Cartersville, GA

#109 Oct 11, 2011
Unfortunately, with the current city manager no one with any degree of integrity would consider taking a job as a dept head while knowing that she would try to run it for them. This has been the case ever since she's been here and I see nothing that's going to change without getting rid of her. She's low class, brash, corrupt, sneaky, a proven liar, and is the worst possible choice, but unless we get rid of Eubanks and some of the others, we're stuck with her. None of them have the gonads to do what they know needs to be done. A city of wusses run by a witch, what could possibly go wrong?
Yellow Jacket

Detroit, MI

#110 Oct 11, 2011
truth teller wrote:
Unfortunately, with the current city manager no one with any degree of integrity would consider taking a job as a dept head while knowing that she would try to run it for them. This has been the case ever since she's been here and I see nothing that's going to change without getting rid of her. She's low class, brash, corrupt, sneaky, a proven liar, and is the worst possible choice, but unless we get rid of Eubanks and some of the others, we're stuck with her. None of them have the gonads to do what they know needs to be done. A city of wusses run by a witch, what could possibly go wrong?
Well, other than that, she's ok.
CoveredBridge

United States

#111 Oct 11, 2011
truth teller wrote:
The truth hurts and has (She) hurt many within our fine town and many good former officers with our Dept.
Only a loss for our city and a gain for their careers. God bless!
Asm

Cartersville, GA

#112 Oct 12, 2011
ulum
Curious Jane

United States

#113 Oct 12, 2011
Bill Thrasher wrote:
<quoted text>
Without offering any comment on the inner workings or politics of the City of Euharlee, I can say that Doug Simons is indeed a man of honor and integrity. He has served his Country as a combat Marine and has done the law enforcement profession well. I also know that the new Adairsville chief, Robert Jones called him and offered him a job. Jones used to work for Simons in Gordon Co. and knows what kind of man he is. Again, I am not commenting on the in and out of Euharlee politics but I can assure you that Euharlee's loss is Adairsville's gain.
Well said.....and I would think it would be more money.
Shaw woodsman

United States

#114 Oct 31, 2011
Bill Thrasher wrote:
<quoted text>Without offering any comment on the inner workings or politics of the City of Euharlee, I can say that Doug Simons is indeed a man of honor and integrity. He has served his Country as a combat Marine and has done the law enforcement profession well. I also know that the new Adairsville chief, Robert Jones called him and offered him a job. Jones used to work for Simons in Gordon Co. and knows what kind of man he is. Again, I am not commenting on the in and out of Euharlee politics but I can assure you that Euharlee's loss is Adairsville's gain.
Well said. Doug is an accomplished war vet and I'd follow him to hell to accomplish half of what he's done.
Maybe he'll come back and get they out of the battle of Kason.
Euharlee lost a great man.
Bucky StFamily

United States

#115 Oct 31, 2011
truth teller wrote:
We heard, from city hall sources, that the chief was doing the secretary and got caught. Strange they resigned on the same day.
Curious Jane

Paris, France

#116 Nov 2, 2011
Bucky StFamily wrote:
<quoted text>
We heard, from city hall sources, that the chief was doing the secretary and got caught. Strange they resigned on the same day.
You heard but do you know for fact? I think I am correct in saying that if you did not witness something and go by what others have said then it is a rumor.
I have put some scripture in this post that you might need to read and you might want to pass it on to your friend or informant at city hall.
Psalm 52:2 - Your tongue plots destruction; it is like a sharpened razor, you who practice deceit.
Leviticus 19:16 - "Do not go about spreading slander among your people. "Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor’s life. I am the Lord."

The information below came from The Daily Tribune News
City Clerk Liz Dempsey resigned her position to enter retirement, according to Mayor Kathy Foulk, Euharlee Appoints Acting Clerk
July 20, 2011
Read more: The Daily Tribune News -

Euharlee Police Department secretary and interim city clerk Amanda Siniard also resigned in a letter dated Sept. 27.Read more: The Daily Tribune News

Euharlee Police Chief Duane Smith announced his resignation in a letter to the city Monday, formally sharing the announcement with citizens Wednesday morning. The Daily Tribune News
October 5,2011
Triggerpuller

Cartersville, GA

#117 Nov 25, 2011
That city just cant seem to get ahead. Used to have a groeat PD, but BS politics destroyed it and ran off some good officers.

Now, it's just not the same. Too bad, since I really love th area.
justwild

United States

#119 Dec 15, 2011
Da man wrote:
Hey peeps, the Chief submitted a letter of retirement to the city and police association after 20 plus years in the business. Was no resigning, it's public record if you want to see. Think sec. left last week to do what she used to do. What's that got to do with anything. Chief's gone and more will follow, watch! We need changes!
Just ran across this post and I must say it seems to be true that since this was posted several officers have left the dept. Must be something wrong from so many of them leaving. Wish luck to the ones left!
tommy

Cartersville, GA

#120 Dec 15, 2011
I have no idea of what's going on in the PD, but I do know that you see a lot less Euharlee Police cars around now compared to the past. I guess I just hadn't thought about it until I was asked by someone last night if I, too, had noticed a decline in the presence of EPD cars around the city. What's going on? Has the CM run off everyone? Hargett doens't seem to be the type that will be intimidated by her so maybe we can actually get someone to stay for a while this time.
justwild

United States

#121 Dec 15, 2011
tommy wrote:
I have no idea of what's going on in the PD, but I do know that you see a lot less Euharlee Police cars around now compared to the past. I guess I just hadn't thought about it until I was asked by someone last night if I, too, had noticed a decline in the presence of EPD cars around the city. What's going on? Has the CM run off everyone? Hargett doens't seem to be the type that will be intimidated by her so maybe we can actually get someone to stay for a while this time.
I have to agree with you the presence of the EPD it is way down from what it used to be.I have not seen the new Chief but I do wish luck with this position and having to deal with the CM.
say the truth

Hinesville, GA

#122 Dec 15, 2011
The new chief starts on Jan 1st, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Euharlee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Dennis Thayer needs to go (Oct '15) 12 min notanun 695
np 11 hr Pedro 2
fitgirl 11 hr Pedro 214
Who sexually harassed Dr. Buffy Williams and St... 13 hr Bartowmakesmemise... 11
Whats the deal with dublin circle road in floyd... 14 hr the man 1
Poverty theft drugs Sun Realist Redneck 1
My experience with black racism (Nov '06) Sat Justsayin 10

Euharlee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Euharlee Mortgages