Would a homosexual be welcome in your...

Would a homosexual be welcome in your church?

Posted in the Euharlee Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Informal Survey

Atlanta, GA

#1 Mar 4, 2013
I am gathering data for use in a paper for my Sociology class.

1. Would your church be welcoming to an openly homosexual visitor?

2. Would your church accept an openly homosexual man as a member?

3. Would an openly homosexual man be allowed to serve a volunteer in your church as:
a. An usher;
b. In leadership (Deacon or Elder, for example)
c. In the nursery;
d. With children?

4. What is the name of your church? The identity of the church may be helpful in analyzing responses, but if you are uncomfortable providing the name of your church, please give as much general information as you are comfortable giving, particularly as to the denomination, size, and location of your church.

5. Does your church teach that homosexuality is sinful?

6. Do you personally believe that homosexuality is sinful?

7. Have you ever or would you consider leaving a church because of teaching relating to homosexuality that differed from your own beliefs?

8. What is your age, sex and race?

I realize that this is not a scientific survey.(A scientific survey may be more preferable, but for the purposes of my class assignment would be cost prohibitive.) I am not seeking and won't participate in debate or argument but it won't offend me if others wish to add their own comments or discussion. My goal is to obtain at least 25 responses from church attenders/members in Georgia. The answers given will be of interest in completing my assignment, but my assignment does not hinge on receiving any particular response. I would value any additional information on the topic or which explains your answers more fully, but a yes/no response with nothing else counts as a complete response for the purposes of my project.

Thanks to any who are willing to participate!
booger

Cartersville, GA

#2 Mar 4, 2013
Too many questions to answer. I lost interest just reading all your questions. Sorry.
yes

Kennesaw, GA

#3 Mar 4, 2013
NO, go to a homosexual church
bluegold1

Dallas, GA

#4 Mar 4, 2013
May I suggest you try survey monkey rather than post here
Metaphysical

United States

#5 Mar 5, 2013
Most of the baptists and fundamentalists in here would be very uncomfortable I think, as evidenced by your rather long message being blown off. They have gay people in their churches but most remain closeted.

Since: Mar 13

Cartersville, GA

#6 Mar 5, 2013
Yes. I've met some who are definitely living in denial. Not much acceptance by the majority of churches here. I can't comment directly to,the survey as I don't attend a church here. However the Lutheran church I attended in another state had a gay pastor and there was no problem with it there.
booger

Cartersville, GA

#7 Mar 5, 2013
The Lutheran church is well known for it's acceptance of gay people. They should have a place to go and worship and be left alone.

Hey it's a sin to drink in excess. How about we clear out all the people who get drunk. The churches in Cartersville would be empty. But lets not talk about that sin, right? Right?
Margaret

Cartersville, GA

#8 Mar 5, 2013
The Episcopal Church welcomes all and has a gay bishop.

Church of The Ascension, Cartersville

66, white female
Rupert

Covington, GA

#9 Mar 5, 2013
Reverend, You got a pretty mouth.
booger

Cartersville, GA

#11 Mar 6, 2013
Margaret you are right. I like reading how these so called Christians bash homosexuals. Kind of hypocritical.
Keith

Cartersville, GA

#12 Mar 6, 2013
I try not to judge others or their religion.

As long as you don't infringe on my rights I try not to notice.
ok

Cartersville, GA

#13 Mar 6, 2013
If they swallow sure
masterbaiter

Jupiter, FL

#14 Mar 6, 2013
Rather have a homosexual than a Republican any day. Least gays can see out of the box.
Buzzword

Rome, GA

#15 Mar 7, 2013
True Christian churches welcome all, for we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. God makes the rules and does the judging. We will all be imperfect until Christ comes again. What is acceptable and what isn't, is plainly spelled out in the Holy Bible. If you accept or reject it, is up to you, and will determine whether you spend eternity in heaven or hell. If you don't believe that, carry on.

All you perfect Christian bashers .... take heed. His Word will not return void.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#16 Mar 7, 2013
It's 2013. And this is an issue people in Cartersville are concerned about?
news

Suwanee, GA

#17 Mar 7, 2013
Buzzword wrote:
True Christian churches welcome all, for we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. God makes the rules and does the judging. We will all be imperfect until Christ comes again. What is acceptable and what isn't, is plainly spelled out in the Holy Bible. If you accept or reject it, is up to you, and will determine whether you spend eternity in heaven or hell. If you don't believe that, carry on.
All you perfect Christian bashers .... take heed. His Word will not return void.
I totally agree with you. Our church accepts you no matter what sin you commit. Adultery, homosexuality, drunks, whatever, they're all sins and its up to them to repent or go to hell.
yeh

Cartersville, GA

#18 Mar 7, 2013
do you really want to sit next to someone in church that just took it in the as*, and suckd another guys cok.
ok

Cartersville, GA

#19 Mar 7, 2013
yeh wrote:
do you really want to sit next to someone in church that just took it in the as*, and suckd another guys cok.
Yea what it he farted?
princesshunter

United States

#20 Sep 9, 2013
Ok first off NY brother is gay and him and his partner are the coolest people I know there amazing at hair And doing makeup and probably the most Christian people I've ever known they took in 5 homeless kids and supported and raised each of them they always go to church on Sundays and love every one so to all thoes Christians who judge just know its not your place to BC remember you judge your getting judged right back

Since: Aug 13

Atlanta, GA

#21 Sep 9, 2013
yeh wrote:
It's very obvious you're craving a cok....I mean look how you dress. Im not judging its ok dont be mad of what you are. I support your kind be cool and keep gargling that mayonnaise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Euharlee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$75 Fall Photography Sessions 2 hr wgravesphoto 1
Missing Video Anyone? 2 hr Sinner 7
A M list? 10 hr Karen 2
Dr. Yvette A. George, MD 10 hr Sandi 5
Ashey Madison Deleted Again? 10 hr Karen 3
Where's the Euharlee Mayor's thread? 13 hr Don 107
Officer Duncan for Mayor (Oct '13) 17 hr Harry 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Euharlee Mortgages