Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

Judged:

Tom novack owns a series of apartments called hossanna they are slums his business is to turn over apartments by evicting tennants at random. and keeping their deposit. any real estate dealings by tom novack
would be questionable
a former tennent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Judged:

I had lived in the hosanna apartments for over a year with my child and was evicted for no cause. The Novack family had to take my case to the "management council which is their family. How biased huh? Novack claims to be a christian family how christian is it to evict people for no reason? Tom Novack and the rest of the Novack family need to learn the true definition of Christian and stop with the questionable real estate tactics.
nicole coluna

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

Judged:

My boyfriend and i lived in a hosanna apartment and we got a no cause termination notice. they said it was in the contract they didnt want use to read just sign. (we were young and didnt know any better.) they kept all deposits and charged us for stuff that wasnt broken. I would never recomend a friend or anyone to hosanna.
A current tenant

Albany, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2009

Judged:

I have live with Hosanna Real Estate for over 6 yars and have NEVER had any problems! I am very thankful that they evict drug additcs who are not clean. If you have issues with them it is because you either don't pay your rent or you do drugs.
Past Tenant

Albany, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2009

Judged:

I lived in the Hosanna Apartments For 13 years and have sinced moved up into one of their houses. I got my deposit back and have no concerns with these people. They are a loving family who help people who need help and kick out the ones who need to be booted. If you didnt get your deposit back you must have lived like a PIG!!!!~~~~God Bless You All!
One who sees the truth

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

This landlord is a slum lord. Tom truly does evict people for no reason and he takes advantage of those who he thinks does not know their rights as a tenant. This company has something coming. They truly have messed with the wrong person(s). Tom, your true colors show and I can say it's not Godly! Get ready cause here we come!
One who sees the truth

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

I've heard that the company itself seeks out bad data that can make them look unreputable. Then they put their own comments in. For heavensake. who would know it was you? Well I do. Good try Tom but no one believes that the person who wrote this was someone who really rented from you.
Past Tenant wrote:
I lived in the Hosanna Apartments For 13 years and have sinced moved up into one of their houses. I got my deposit back and have no concerns with these people. They are a loving family who help people who need help and kick out the ones who need to be booted. If you didnt get your deposit back you must have lived like a PIG!!!!~~~~God Bless You All!
questionable character

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

It's truly amazing how you wrote your own report. Hardly any of your tenants would even be able to spell apartments let alone spell it in english. Good one you hypocrite!
Past Tenant wrote:
For Your Information

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

Hello folks. If you are looking for a cheap place to live. You may want to think twice about renting here. This company is currently under heavy investigation for fraud. It's always good to check on the reputation of the home owner or Real Estate business before you settle.

Hope this helps.
Consequences

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Judged:

Do you see what happens Tom novack when you are dishonest and hide behind a Christian Label? Evil WILL be exposed. You didn't like that did you? Well guess what? There's more to come. This was just the tip of the iceberg. You use illegal practices and take advantage of those who are less fortunate you will suffer the consequences. One day you will see yourself exposed and so will all of Eugene and Springfield and all the surrounding areas. I hope you saved all of that money that you stole from those poor people you evicted with no cause.
Currently being evicted

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

I am a single mom, and am currently going to school full time and Tom and his company are attempting to evict me for no cause!! We have done nothing!! I need some legal help!! I have alerted kitty peircy to this but feel we need to do more!! if evicted my girls and myself along with my 9 month old granddaughter will be homeless! I am to appear in court on 6/9 at 8:30am, come take a stand with me!!
Kass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

Judged:

To Currently Being Evicted:
I wish I'd read this sooner! If you did get evicted, I'm sorry. If you still have time, contact CAT in Portland, it's the tenant advocacy group. Definitely report to the better business bureau or sue in small claims if you can. You may already have to suffer the consequences of shady people, but maybe you can help someone else from falling prey to it?

I never rented from Hosanna. It was billed as Christian when we moved to the area and we looked into it, but none of the places we checked out felt safe. We rented from Emerald Property Management and they were pretty yucky, too. They were no problem while we lived there but when we moved out they wrongfully kept about $650 of our deposit. We got it back, but only after we filed a report with the BBB and said we'd take them to small claims court for theft. Then they said "oops" and gave it back. We shouldn't have to fight for fair, but those who fight often get what they are owed and help show dishonest companies they can't get away with it.
Bringing down the house

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Judged:

Currently being evicted wrote:
I am a single mom, and am currently going to school full time and Tom and his company are attempting to evict me for no cause!! We have done nothing!! I need some legal help!! I have alerted kitty peircy to this but feel we need to do more!! if evicted my girls and myself along with my 9 month old granddaughter will be homeless! I am to appear in court on 6/9 at 8:30am, come take a stand with me!!
No Cause Eviction is illegal in the State of Oregon. I hope you kept your original lease papers. Also, I would call Legal Aid and get some help.
Bringing down the house

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Good for you Kass.. I have a couple of friends that rented from Emerald and the same happened to them. I don't know what happened but it seems that these low budget property managment companies only rent to people who they think do not have money to fight back and then take advantage of them. It's dishonest and wrong and it's about time people stand up for their rights.
Not so bad

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

We rented an apartment from Tom because of a felon on record. We were not impressed with our neighbors, but the management did inspect the complex periodically and they gave us all of our deposit back when we moved. And they allowed pets, which was also nice.
good luck

Yelm, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Hope 2011 brings better luck with this company.
some info

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

some of us have had it not so lucky and have to rent from someone like the novac company because of a felon or bad rental history it just is unfortunate that some people dont mean to have bad rental or become felons.. theyer is a program called "second chance renters" thru St vinnies and it is very informational on your rights! take the class and then you have more of a leg to stand on if you are evicted for no reason, become informed for youself!
Rachel

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2011

Judged:

This guy is a total fake Christian. We rented from him years ago and he terrorized the poor sad people forced to live in his gross unlivable apartments. My mom was old and disabled, not a druggie, and he was always leaving these threatning 'christian' letters on everyone's door quoting scriptures that didn't make any sense? He evicted 2 of our friends for no reason and they have a bad record now that will never go away and they are 2 of the nicest and CLEANEST people I know who have stayed with us on their vacations up to oregon. Tom is a fake; anyone who calls themselves a man of God and acts like he does is a discrace and a LIAR with no real christian love inside of him at all. He gave both my mom and I the total creeps. Well he is a creep so I guess that's why. Can't wait for the day we all get to stand before God and he will reward us according to what we did and did not do. Good luck with that Tom, you are going to need it!
wini

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Judged:

A current tenant wrote:
I have live with Hosanna Real Estate for over 6 yars and have NEVER had any problems! I am very thankful that they evict drug additcs who are not clean. If you have issues with them it is because you either don't pay your rent or you do drugs.
We do not do drugs and we have paid our rent on time and have been with Hosanna for 7 months we got a no cause back in october to be out this month we have had issues with finding a place and they did give us an extension but now the extension is up and we still have not found a place and we still have to be out or we go to court to be evicted.
YetAnotherDisabl edNoCause

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

- I lived with them for 3 full years. I have two young children, I am on SSI. I do not do drugs, I do not smoke, I do not drink. I have a seizure disorder, among other issues.
- The property was not kept up, there were problems with it when we first moved in that were never fixed. Their way of checking for a leak when it started pouring from my ceiling in the living room (leaking from the NEIGHBOR'S bathroom, mind you) was to stab the ceiling 3 times, then patch it with plaster, even though the water that came through was brown and smelled funny.
- They kicked me out for No Cause. I always paid my rent on time. Gave me an over-inflated "Estimate" Where they claimed to do 70hrs of maintenance AND cleaning simultaneously (wonder how they managed that feat?) at $35 and $25/hr. Also, claimed I owed $3,000 for carpet. The law states that they have 31 days after I returned my keys to return my deposit IN FULL or let me know in writing why not; as in a letter stating what EXACTLY was done to fix up the property, or what damage they had to repair. The "Final Bill" did not arrive until almost 50 days after I turned in my keys, and I have yet to see a dime of my deposit, or a letter stating why the numbers on the "bills" are so high, and what they are for.
- Also, they are trying to double-dip in that they want the full month's rent for the last month (I got a 60-day notice instead of 30-day because I had been there over a year) and I left a month early, as well as trying to charge me a "Loss of Use" fee. Now, you can't have both. Either I'm responsible for the rent, or for loss of use while you "fix it up" for the next tenant.
- There were all sorts of problems when we moved in, from threadbare carpeting, to knife holes in the linoleum in the kitchen, to the back patio light being a mess of wires instead of a fixture, et al.
- I originally rented from this company because my then-partner had an FED on his record, and it was the only place we could be together. I am educated, but disabled. I have never had a problem with drugs, alcohol, or anything like that. The management would pick on my children, but leave neighboring children completely alone.
- I have kept all 3 copies of my leases, and the first 2 are completely identical, the 3rd has changes that were never brought to my attention, I was told when I signed it I was just taking a name off the lease, not making any other changes. Not only that, but somehow my deposit went from $1215 refundable plus $120 non-refundable to $1337 refundable. Not that I'm complaining that they claim my deposit is higher, but it just shows how off their math is...
- All in all, this is a lousy company, and I tell everyone I know about my experience. Most of them have either had the same experience, or know someone who has.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eugene Discussions

Search the Eugene Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
hypothetical return (Oct '13) 13 hr guest 29
Keep one word...drop one word game.... (Aug '13) Jul 16 Whiny1 15
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 3 What is 201
Police: Victim suffered multiple stab wounds to... Jun 29 Coos bay gotten stabbed 1
16-year-old Eugene Girl Dies, Two Arrested (Dec '09) Jun 28 Blownaway 3
The dramatic history of American sex-ed films Jun '14 scotsdogger_08 1
Someone May '14 Amanda Monroe 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Eugene Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••