Missing Eufaula family - KFOR

Missing Eufaula family - KFOR

There are 4771 comments on the KFOR story from Dec 23, 2009, titled Missing Eufaula family - KFOR. In it, KFOR reports that:

The holidays are a time for loved ones to be together, but Niki Shenold worries her best friend's family has been forgotten.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

mein gott

United States

#239 Mar 1, 2010
Well, mba, this is Oklahoma, remember. Many people are as dumb as rocks.
from Red Oak OK

Tuskahoma, OK

#240 Mar 1, 2010
Thank You wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it is reasonable to say harm could easily have come to us had we gone up in those mountains had we gone up there today? All I can keep thinking is if I had not found this story I'd be on my way to an area with no cell phone reception, only one way in and out, and a recent disappearance. What you said about having heard "stories about folks disappearing around that area, never to be seen again and then forgotten." Really freaks me out.
I have read your posts about only one way in or out, well there is many ways out but the roads are so crazy up there because they start out going to well sites and then to another and so on, so if you didn't know your way around there you would get lost!! my husband ran a dozer for the surveyors up there and you can't hardly find anything with a gps because the only co-ordinance is what the surveyors put in and there is so much more counrty there than just what they did!! and yes there are some really strange people up there, i know because we have came across some of them, and you know what? most of them are from somewhere else running from something!! they are not from Oklahoma!! the land they sell up there you can't get ele, water or anything else to it because it would cost so much because it is so off the beaten path. the land is just long narrow tracts not worth anything. the hills are so rocky and steep in areas that you couldn't walk them if you tried.but there is atv trails all up there and most of them go in a circle in a round about way! you could get lost so easy!!
I do hope they find the family but i believe it would just give the family closure and not much else considering the weather we have had here and all the rain and snow.
just thought i would put in my two cents worth.
Obe

Inola, OK

#241 Mar 1, 2010
from Red Oak OK wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read your posts about only one way in or out, well there is many ways out but the roads are so crazy up there because they start out going to well sites and then to another and so on, so if you didn't know your way around there you would get lost!! my husband ran a dozer for the surveyors up there and you can't hardly find anything with a gps because the only co-ordinance is what the surveyors put in and there is so much more counrty there than just what they did!! and yes there are some really strange people up there, i know because we have came across some of them, and you know what? most of them are from somewhere else running from something!! they are not from Oklahoma!! the land they sell up there you can't get ele, water or anything else to it because it would cost so much because it is so off the beaten path. the land is just long narrow tracts not worth anything. the hills are so rocky and steep in areas that you couldn't walk them if you tried.but there is atv trails all up there and most of them go in a circle in a round about way! you could get lost so easy!!
I do hope they find the family but i believe it would just give the family closure and not much else considering the weather we have had here and all the rain and snow.
just thought i would put in my two cents worth.
Are you saying, there are well sites in the area? Do you mean oil well sites? Do you know if there are any old abandoned mines within the area? Thanks.
from Red Oak OK

Tuskahoma, OK

#242 Mar 1, 2010
Obe wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying, there are well sites in the area? Do you mean oil well sites? Do you know if there are any old abandoned mines within the area? Thanks.
i don't believe there are any mines up in the hills, or i have never heard anyone say if there were. we go four wheeling up in there and it is like a maze if you don't know where you are going! i know there are some abandoned mines south of the hills but they are on private property and the owners won't let people in to look. to unstable. but yes there are rigs and well sites everywhere up there and more going in everyday.lot of gas up there.
Mines

Denton, TX

#243 Mar 2, 2010
Rural abandoned mine project:
ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/ OK/PAS/Reports/00Reports/RAMP. pdf
Wilburton, Okla., May 1.-- Thirteen miners were entombed and probably killed by an explosion early yesterday in the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Coal company's mine near Wilburton. Their bodies may not be recovered for several days. The entombed men are:
B. F. STEINER.
MIKE WINN.
RALPH FISHER.
BEN SMITH.
WILLIAM ATKINSON.
O. GOLDEN.
JOE MORENO.
GUS PHILLIPS.
KNOX LYNCH.
J. D. BYRD.
MIKE DUVALL.
R. F. CALLES.
WILLIAM EDWARDS.
The men went into the shaft at midnight. Foreman WILLIAM RAY, of the shift that left the mine at that hour, says that the mine was in good condition and a gas explosion was hardly probable. His shift left a shot hanging and this new shift may have fired.
The shaft is 350 feet deep. The men were supplied with air fanned from the shaft and by means of compressed air tubes. It is thought that the air pipe was burst by the explosion, but air has been steadily pumped all day with the remote hope that some of the entombed men may have escaped, the force of the explosion and the after-damp.
Rescuers began work within a few minutes after the explosion. At dark last night the workers were still thirty feet from the bottom of the shaft.(source http://www3.gendisasters.com/oklahoma/5990/wi... )
Mines

Denton, TX

#244 Mar 2, 2010
TERRIFIC MINE EXPLOSION ENTOMBS 105 VICTIMS.

RESCUE WORKERS FEAR GREATER PART OF ENTRAPPED DAY SHIFT FORCE WAS INSTANTLY KILLED.

BLAST WRECKS TIPPLE AT MOUTH OF MINE, DESTROYS HOISTING EQUIPMENT.

AIRSHAFT, INTACT, USED FOR RESCUE ATTEMPT.

SURVIVORS ABLE TO CONVERSE WITH PERSONS ON SURFACE THRU SHAFT.

Oklahoma City, Okla., Jan. 13.--(AP)-- Gov. M. E. Trapp today ordered a company of national guards at McAlester to report to Wilburton where more than 100 men were entombed in a mine explosion. They are wanted for guard duty.
Oklahoma City, Okla., Jan. 13.--(INS)-- State Mine Inspector ED BOYLE, of the Oklahoma bureau of mines, in a long distance telephone conversation from Wilburton with his assistant in the bureau's office here this afternoon, stated that 105 miners, entombed following an explosion at the Degnan-McConnell mine No. 21, early this morning, were all dead.
Wilburton, Okla., Jan. 13.--(AP)-- Most of the 105 men working in the Degnan-McConnell mine three miles west of here are believed to have been instantly killed today in a terrific explosion that wrecked the main shaft and entombed them.
A rescue crew started work at 10:30 a. m. and will attempt to reach the trapped men thru the airshaft, which is still open.
Some of the victims are still alive and conversed with rescuers thru the airshaft. They were advised to remain near the shaft.
J. B. HYNAL, chief of the United States bureau of mines rescue crew at McAlester, was in charge of the work. Equipped with gas helmets, he and two helpers entered the shaft.
Mines

Denton, TX

#245 Mar 2, 2010
Hoister Is Wrecked.
The blast wrecked the tipple and destroyed the hoisting equipment. Emergency hoisting apparatus was being installed to bring out the victims after they are reached.
Frantic groups of the entombed men's relatives gathered about the mine. Word of the explosion spread quickly and crowds of sightseers from neighboring towns assembled. The shaft was roped off to hold back the crowds and expedite the rescue work.
Workmen from other mines in the Wilburton valley rushed to the scene and volunteered their assistance in the rescue work.
Rescue work was being hindered somewhat by the blocking of the main passageway into the mine. The first rescue crew was forced to turn back a second time.
Erect Hospital.
They were unable to squeeze their way thru the debris blown into the manway by the explosion. Previously they had turned back to don smaller gas masks when larger ones were found to be burdensome and in the way.
Four doctors and a corps of nurses were standing by for service in event any of the miners brought to the surface are alive. Others are on the way from Hartsborne and McAlester. DR. T. L. HENRY, company physician who has served the victims of five previous mine disasters was in charge of medical service.
The local chapter of Red Cross has startged erection of a temporary hospital and members are serving hot coffee and doughnuts to the workers.
A. P. THOMPSON, mining engineer, Hartshorne, who was here doing survey work for the coal company, was among those entombed.
Mines

Denton, TX

#246 Mar 2, 2010
ONE WHITE MINER CRAWLS OVER SCORES OF DEAD COMPANIONS TO SAFETY WHEN FLAMES IN OKLAHOMA MINE DIE DOWN.
TOLL OF DEAD SET AT 93, WITH NINE RESCUED ALIVE; TAKE FEW BODIES OUT.
Wilburton, Okla., Jan. 14.--(AP)-- CECIL McKINNEY, white, one of the 93 miners entombed by the explosion in Degnan-McConnell mine No. 21, near here early yesterday, was rescued this morning.
McKINNEY is the first survivor to come out of the lower levels of the mine.
McKINNEY said he had crawled in the mine passage over dead bodies for 23 hours. He was in a state of nervous exhaustion, when rescue workers brought him to the surface. His clothing was watersoaked and his face covered with soot. A physician called from the throng about the mouth of the mine said he would recover in a short time.
"I crawled and crawled after the explosion in utter blackness," McKINNEY chattered between clenched teeth as he was almost carried to the shower room.
"There are 15 dead bodies in entry 16, east, where I was working at the time the explosion occurred."
Thinks All Are Dead.
"I don't know where I crawled or how long I crawled but I just squeezed thru and finally found a slope and came to the bend where you found me."
McKINNEY said he did not think any in the mine were alive.
Fire which has been raging in the fourteenth level was extinguished early today, rescuers said, and the work of rescuing the bodies went forward rapidly. Between 50 and 75 men were on hand to aid rescue crews as they are needed.
Three more bodies have been brought to the cage shaft and are ready to be drawn out. Six were brought out last night. Three others were uncovered and can be brought to the surface at any time. The other men are believed to be buried so deeply beneath debris that it will be two or three days before their bodies can be removed.
Work Closed Down.
Regular work in the Wilburton valley was closed down today and between 350 and 400 miners were here to give any possible aid.
The interior of the mine is a scene of destruction, workers said, altho they declared there was little damage below the slope outside of the cave-ins and burned timbers. A string of coal cars in the main passageway was found partially burned with the driver dead in the seat evidently killed by concussion. Rescue workers were unable to get close enough to identify him.
Bodies of the men brought to the surface indicated that they had burned to death.
Despite the tragedy that touched many of its homes, an air of calmness prevailed generally thruout Wilburton and there was little hysteria. The small crowds on the main street did not talk much of the disaster. The death toll now stands at 92. Eight negroes were rescued last night.
Waterloo Evening Courier Iowa 1926-01-14
Mines

Denton, TX

#247 Mar 2, 2010
(source) http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encycloped...

Coal mining and natural gas, important economic activities in the mid to late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, created a unique mining landscape in the Sans Bois Mountains.

Now, did someone say something about there not being mines in the Sans Bois mountains of Latimer County?
Kendra

Tulsa, OK

#249 Mar 2, 2010
So what do you think? Think ole JACK JAMISON had something to do with the disappearance of the Jamison family since he was instructed to be the heir if Madyson died? Hmmm Anyone know if ole Brother Jack has connections to anyone in that area that has land that could have thrown them in a mine shaft??? Has everyone read the WILL left by Bob Dean Jamison the Father of the missing Bobby Jamison JR?
Jose

Tulsa, OK

#250 Mar 2, 2010
everyone read the last 2 pages from Eufaula Ok family goes missing comments and tell us what you think of the Jamison - Placker connection...???
Jose

Tulsa, OK

#251 Mar 2, 2010
sorry i meant Authorities search for missing Eufaula family
GUS

Tulsa, OK

#252 Mar 3, 2010
Rosa wrote:
I dunno why it says I am from Alex, Oklahoma but I am not I am from Wilburton Oklahoma
So Rosa, give us an update on what your friends on the local police force are doing besides kicking back in their warm office.
mein gott

Tucson, AZ

#253 Mar 3, 2010
So - and correct me if I've read this wrong - according to "Mines," the ghosts of 1920s-era mine workers in the San Bois Mountains area are now suspects in the disappearance of the Jamisons. And I scoffed at the UFO, Bigfoot, and werewolf theories - silly me! Call in the psychics!
Lezlee

Tulsa, OK

#254 Mar 3, 2010
mein gott wrote:
So - and correct me if I've read this wrong - according to "Mines," the ghosts of 1920s-era mine workers in the San Bois Mountains area are now suspects in the disappearance of the Jamisons. And I scoffed at the UFO, Bigfoot, and werewolf theories - silly me! Call in the psychics!
I think "Mines" was explaining to us, there are deep mines in them there "HILLS" and plenty of deep holes to hide bodies, that are probably on private property. I do believe however, there are definitely " spirits" around the mentioned mine disasters. Also, it is possible a UFO could have taken the family, but they would have taken the little dog too, to scan him ..but them they would have let them go and returned them to the area. Bigfoot couldnt have taken all three on. I think from what I have been reading .. OLE BROTHER JACK JAMISON IS THE NUMBER 1 SUSPECT...He was due the inheritance if Madyson died... I think they will find the bodies in due time, when ole JACK wants to collect his money. Read about the will etc. I think they are also tied with the Plackers and Weleetka girls murders.
Poop Sausage

Montgomery, AL

#255 Mar 3, 2010
bob wrote:
So why wont the Latimer County Sheriff return calls? Was HE involved??????????
His name is Israel Beauchamp. Go to Intellius.com and find his cell number. Then call him. He lives in Wilburton.
Mines

Denton, TX

#256 Mar 4, 2010
In response to the person suggesting ghosts of dead miners as suspects.(Which by the way is a ridiculous conclusion generated in your mind alone.)I thought it might be good for people to know about possible dangers related to a history of mining activity for safety reasons since there are ongoing searches and lots of people who talk about 4 wheeling up there.

You are wrong and I'm happy to correct you. I was responding to a comment someone left saying they doubted there were mines in the area. Mine explosions might be more indicative of unstable ground and holes to fall into or to stash a body than the leap you made to ghosts being suspects. Did you consult Scooby Doo on that one?
The hostility on this message board is quite interesting. It seems extremely disrespectful and mocking. I wonder what that does for writers of ridiculous leaps in logic. I was just providing factual information to refute an unsupported claim by another poster who I think must be you.
Obe

Tulsa, OK

#257 Mar 4, 2010
Lezlee wrote:
<quoted text>
I think "Mines" was explaining to us, there are deep mines in them there "HILLS" and plenty of deep holes to hide bodies, that are probably on private property. I do believe however, there are definitely " spirits" around the mentioned mine disasters. Also, it is possible a UFO could have taken the family, but they would have taken the little dog too, to scan him ..but them they would have let them go and returned them to the area. Bigfoot couldnt have taken all three on. I think from what I have been reading .. OLE BROTHER JACK JAMISON IS THE NUMBER 1 SUSPECT...He was due the inheritance if Madyson died... I think they will find the bodies in due time, when ole JACK wants to collect his money. Read about the will etc. I think they are also tied with the Plackers and Weleetka girls murders.
How do you feel this case is related to the Weleetka murders case?
Please explain. Thanks.
Robby

Tulsa, OK

#258 Mar 4, 2010
Read: Authorities Search for Missing Eufaula Family, the last 3 pages..Chris Placker is a brother to the Weleetka girl that was murdered. He apparently is a THUG.. Maybe he knows JACK JAMISON and did "the job" for him..They are both from SALLISAW...Maybe Chris Placker tried or did molest his sisters little friend and went beserk and shot them both so they wouldnt tell! From the sound of it, he definitely is capable. Maybe ole Jack contacted him to take care of the Jamisons so he could get the inheritance and PAY CHRIS PLACKER TO DO IT! Worth INVESTIGATING! Ole Donna Jamison seems to be shady too!!!!
Okmulgee Gossip

Tulsa, OK

#259 Mar 4, 2010
We heard the"grandfather" was molesting the girls. WE heard when this happened, the grandfather called from the girls cell phone. Then later it was stated he went back to the house and called. Did the grandfather have any GUNS that anyone knew about? Just seems very weird, that HE NEVER HEARD ANY GUNSHOTS as many as there were, living as close as he was OUT IN THE COUNTRY where you can HEAR EVERYTHING!!!!bUT, Chris Placker is also capable of killing them apparently-read his DOC record!!!!! Did LE check him out? Ofcourse the Placker family isn't going to rat out their own!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eufaula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Darla Aldridge Married an Ugly Guy For Money. S... Aug 18 WTF 9
Too many white girls with black guys in Eufaula (Sep '08) Aug 4 Klokkrushkick 47
Checotah Police Department (Oct '06) Jul 31 Salsa queen 72
Citizens stay vigilant Jul 28 Staples 1
Malcolm H. Branch to refile for State Senate (D... Jul '16 Get Stupid 1
Quinton police department (Sep '14) Jul '16 Dwayne 3
News 3 indicted in steroid cases (Aug '09) Jun '16 So so 5

Eufaula Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eufaula Mortgages