Comments
41 - 59 of 59 Comments Last updated Mar 31, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
black unicorn

Winchester, KY

#42 Aug 28, 2010
Frogtowner, I think you have the wrong person.

What, maybe it was wrong of me to post someones name. I did not say he was a bad person or that he doesn't love kids. I think Chris is a fine person as well. I just don't think my child learned anything from him. Thats all. I agree, that if someone is not qualified for a job they shouldn't have it. I also agree with the fact that if people are not happy with the way things are done they need to handle it in an appropriate manor. I don't know what Coach Roberts education is. Yes he could have been the coach with out a teaching position. However, he apparently has a teaching position and was hired through the BOE. My concern is that people are on here talking trash about him. Why don't people have the nerve to put their name? Why don't people take their so called concerns to the BOE instead of airing them on a site that everyone knows causes trash talk and trouble? I try to respect everyones opinion on things. I don't however have to respect the way people go about trying to cause others misery. I hope that everyone can respect my opinions and thoughts on the matter. If they cant thats fine. Some people are like that and thats ok.
What

Virgie, KY

#43 Aug 28, 2010
black unicorn wrote:
Frogtowner, I think you have the wrong person.
What, maybe it was wrong of me to post someones name. I did not say he was a bad person or that he doesn't love kids. I think Chris is a fine person as well. I just don't think my child learned anything from him. Thats all. I agree, that if someone is not qualified for a job they shouldn't have it. I also agree with the fact that if people are not happy with the way things are done they need to handle it in an appropriate manor. I don't know what Coach Roberts education is. Yes he could have been the coach with out a teaching position. However, he apparently has a teaching position and was hired through the BOE. My concern is that people are on here talking trash about him. Why don't people have the nerve to put their name? Why don't people take their so called concerns to the BOE instead of airing them on a site that everyone knows causes trash talk and trouble? I try to respect everyones opinion on things. I don't however have to respect the way people go about trying to cause others misery. I hope that everyone can respect my opinions and thoughts on the matter. If they cant thats fine. Some people are like that and thats ok.
Why don't you post your name. I think the entire Topic was to inform the pubic that Mr. Roberts did not have a valid Ky teaching certificate. Instead of posting it on here. They should complain to the Ky. Dept of Eduction. Anyone who did have a valid teaching cert in Ky could probably file a lawsuit against the board.
black unicorn

Winchester, KY

#44 Aug 29, 2010
Why should I post my name when I didn't say anything to defame anyones character. And if you want to consider me saying that my child didn't learn anything from the one person that I named.(which I won't name again). That was not said with intentions of defaming him in any way. Other children I am sure have learned lots from him. Maybe, my child didn't because things weren't explained in a way that he understood them. There are many reasons why some people can learn under some people and others can't. BTW, why don't you put your name?
OMG

Virgie, KY

#45 Aug 29, 2010
black unicorn wrote:
Why should I post my name when I didn't say anything to defame anyones character. And if you want to consider me saying that my child didn't learn anything from the one person that I named.(which I won't name again). That was not said with intentions of defaming him in any way. Other children I am sure have learned lots from him. Maybe, my child didn't because things weren't explained in a way that he understood them. There are many reasons why some people can learn under some people and others can't. BTW, why don't you put your name?
I do believe you DEFAMED Mr. Johnson for no reason at all.
PPP

Virgie, KY

#46 Aug 29, 2010
frogtowner wrote:
What happened? Last time that I talked to Mr. Roberts. He was at Pikeville medical center a doing his weekly drug testing. He got on pills real bad and was under the supervision of Doctor Fannin. He said that he was a working at some mines with his daddy and was now on Suboxone. He was always a dopie and a pervert. He has a child with a dirty stank named Cristie Dye on Cabin Fork. He won't even support his own child and now I hear that he is in the educational system? What's wrong with this picture?
This kind of posts are completely uncalled for. There are many people in this area with the same name. Unless you know who, and what you are talking about then you should not be posting such things as this. Mr. Roberts family needs to have this post removed from this website. You can do so at no charge. character assignation
is completely uncalled for.
Sick of Attitudes

Pikeville, KY

#47 Aug 29, 2010
PPP wrote:
<quoted text>This kind of posts are completely uncalled for. There are many people in this area with the same name. Unless you know who, and what you are talking about then you should not be posting such things as this. Mr. Roberts family needs to have this post removed from this website. You can do so at no charge. character assignation
is completely uncalled for.
While I will agree that these posts are ridiculous and should be removed from topix, I do have a question. Did you mean to say that character "assassination" is completely uncalled for? It's just that "assignation" is the act of assigning something or the assignment made. That doesn't really seem to apply to the subject at hand. It can also mean a meeting between two lovers, but that makes even less sense when you take the situation into consideration.
true

Lexington, KY

#48 Aug 29, 2010
You all are idiots. He is not a certified teacher. There wasn't even a job opening posted at Virgie Middle School. Like someone said earlier, he was at Shelby Valley at the beginning of last year until him and Johnson were called out on it by several people. So they shipped him over to Virgie, to a job that was NEVER posted, which is against the law. Get a clue people
Sick of Attitudes

Pikeville, KY

#49 Aug 29, 2010
true wrote:
You all are idiots. He is not a certified teacher. There wasn't even a job opening posted at Virgie Middle School. Like someone said earlier, he was at Shelby Valley at the beginning of last year until him and Johnson were called out on it by several people. So they shipped him over to Virgie, to a job that was NEVER posted, which is against the law. Get a clue people
Well then in that case, thank you so much for just repeating what several other people already said.*clap**clap**clap*
black unicorn

Winchester, KY

#50 Aug 29, 2010
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>I do believe you DEFAMED Mr. Johnson for no reason at all.
Ok yeah, I defamed Mr. Johnson. You are such an idiot. Can you not read? I said my child had learned more from Mr. Roberts then Mr. Johnson. That is not defamation. You really need to learn how to comprehend your reading.
unknown

Pikeville, KY

#51 Aug 31, 2010
are we refering to the micheal wayne who has the hurt arm for a car wreck, short brown hair, has a sister named crystal and dads name is timmy
unknown

Pikeville, KY

#52 Aug 31, 2010
OMFG you have to be kidding me. he never even went through school. i know i went to school with him. pills my ass. fucken coke head SOB isn't worth a shit. say what you want about poor mr. roberts. i know him, went through school with him. he is a piece of shit not worth spiting on. lol working in a mines with his daddy got on pills. what the hell has he been filling your heads with. he is a coke addictic to sorry to support his own child. not worth a shit wait until the word really gets out he is working with virgie middle school then let see how many ppl will let there kids go there. what the hell was pike county board thinking letting him in there school systems.
unknown

Pikeville, KY

#53 Aug 31, 2010
VeryConcernedVirgieParent wrote:
Let's all cut to the chase here, Mikie, is one the board knows will put on a show that he knows what is doing with football, which obvisously he doesn't, so it doesn't matter that he isn't specialized in social studies and that there are many GOOD qualified teachers out there, it's all about the fact that he will put on a good show for sports. I mean, scream and yell like the devil at these kids, as he walks around like God gifts to women. Also I disagree, he should be held as responsbile as the BOE for these actions, he DID sign the contract and agree to teach out of his field!! To top it off, why is he allowed to chew while in the classroom, isn't this tobacco use? Wonder if the BOE knows about this? My final observations for the eveing, I was there today, and yummm, the sweet aroma of the sewer was just awesome!! There needs to be no delay in shutting this nasty place down and getting rid of the half-a$$ teachers that are there....
lol foot ball i went to school with this guy he never played football his grades were poor i don't see how they let him in a school system
Misinformed

Winchester, KY

#54 Aug 31, 2010
You people have the wrong Mike Roberts. I don't know if he has any sisters but I can tell you that he isn't on drugs, don't have a baby by Crystal Dye, his dads name isn't Timmy, and this Mike Roberts did play football in High School cause he was the star quarterback his Senior year. Let me also add that his Senior year was the last year of Virgie High School. You people have the wrong person in mind.
wondering

Whitesburg, KY

#55 Sep 1, 2010
black unicorn wrote:
You people are talking about how Mike Roberts don't know sports. I can tell you that sence he took over coaching football this year that my child has been taught more about the sport then Chris Johnson ever taught him last year. How you all can say that Mike don't know what he is doing is beyond me.
Has he taught your son to curse & spit chew also? That's all he does! One mistake those boys make and he takes them in the locker room and curses them so much, you'd think he was a sailor! Heard he even keeps dip in his mouth in the classroom, what an education those kids are getting, yea, stay away from drugs...great role model Mike!
nevermind

Pikeville, KY

#57 Oct 5, 2010
he does have a degree.
and hes a wonderful teacher.
he is sooo nice and he teaches good
hes my favorite teacher, and i love him.
so who cares.!
teacher

Winchester, KY

#58 Jan 28, 2013
MATS is not only designed for a teacher shortage but to allow professionals in other areas to become teachers. An example would be a pharmacist that would like to teach. Certainly more qualified than your education program science teacher.
I would worry more about teachers with credentials that are poor teachers than someone who wants to be a good teacher.
The doors to colleges and universities are open to any age person who wants to earn a degree. If you think you could fill these positions better then go for it. If you are someone with a teaching degree upset with the MATS program then I think you have a beef, but if you are not a teacher or do not have a college degree then by all means continue with your expert opinions.
UR Wrong

Wheelwright, KY

#59 Jan 28, 2013
teacher wrote:
MATS is not only designed for a teacher shortage but to allow professionals in other areas to become teachers. An example would be a pharmacist that would like to teach. Certainly more qualified than your education program science teacher.
I would worry more about teachers with credentials that are poor teachers than someone who wants to be a good teacher.
The doors to colleges and universities are open to any age person who wants to earn a degree. If you think you could fill these positions better then go for it. If you are someone with a teaching degree upset with the MATS program then I think you have a beef, but if you are not a teacher or do not have a college degree then by all means continue with your expert opinions.
You are wrong in regards to the program. Read the regulations. Only, and only, when a certified teacher cannot be found is any board suppose to hire under that program. The program was generated for areas which did have teacher shortages. It has been abused by this school system for years in order to hire friends and relatives. Before you start defending the program you really may want to do the research. Any time a Mats student is hired over a certified teacher, the certified teacher was just handed a beautiful law suit. The board would have to pay the unhired, certified teachers who applied a years salary. Legislators should stop this program. If you want to be a teacher, do it the right way. Get a degree in teaching! I think Roberts is a decent person, but the entire community knows about his non-teaching degree and the fact Moore got it pushed through for him. I hope he has completed the program and makes a good teacher. But, do not try to defend something that is not defendable. Also, read what steps each board is suppose to take in order to find a certified teacher before they ever hire under this program. The community would be shocked to know just how many teachers in this area have entered the classroom under this program.
coal miners daughter

Whitesburg, KY

#60 Mar 17, 2013
Pike Board of Ed is and always has been "who you blow"
who is that masked man

Whitesburg, KY

#61 Mar 31, 2013
he is so full of himself. absolutely cannot stand his attitude

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Etty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min JOE NASTY 151,471
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 19 min Republicans Are S... 2,080
Queer Running For Mayor 20 min kiser 19
Gays Are Angry Over Pastor Speaking At Obama's ... (Dec '08) 21 min kiser 10
Gays will burn (Nov '13) 22 min Kiser 93
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 53 min Republicans Are S... 16,150
Gina Adams-Wright 1 hr Jumping Jack Flash 4
•••
•••
•••

Etty Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Etty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Etty News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Etty
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••