Isom, KY

#1 Jan 12, 2013
What was on fire at Doty Creek today ?
Rest of story

Somerset, KY

#2 Jan 13, 2013
jay wrote:
What was on fire at Doty Creek today ?
The pratts lost every thing they had is what i have heardn Does anyone knoe them?
Mee

Lexington, KY

#3 Jan 13, 2013
What happened?
duh duh duh

Whitesburg, KY

#4 Jan 14, 2013
Mee wrote:
What happened?
Their house burned down..
Sorry

London, KY

#5 Jan 15, 2013
I feel sorry for the people that lived there. i also know the owner for a long time. She loved that house!!! She worked hard to pay for that house!!!! She as well as the renters have lost a lot!!!!
concerned

United States

#6 Jan 15, 2013
i dony live there now. but was there for 30 years i do miss it alot. would love to come back. still have family an freinds there. ( GO DOTY)best wishes to that family.
just concerned

Winchester, KY

#7 Jan 20, 2013
Yes i know the renters. They had lived there almost 2yrs. It was bad. But the worst of it is since the house burned the owner has in no way tried to contact them to even see if they were ok. The stepchildren were there the day this happened and wasn't any bit concerned about nothing only getting the heating and cooling unit off the side of the house. The owner only had a few old appliances in the home nothing else. Unlike the article in the paper read. It also did damage to their vehicle because it was parked close to the home. I heard from several that the owner had been told the wireing needed checked on several occasions, but did nothing. Too late now,the people lost everything. Bottom line if you are going to rent a home and charge a high price for rent, or any price for that matter make sure that you keep your rental property up so this doesn't happen. If you ask me the owner should be real ashamed to show theirselves after acting like this. But i've also been told there is a special place for people who act so cruel, and inhumane. Praying for that family not the owner. Money hungry,greedy,selfish, people. Let the tables be turned and see how it would be to wear their shoes.
Coal Miner

London, KY

#8 Jan 20, 2013
just concerned wrote:
Yes i know the renters. They had lived there almost 2yrs. It was bad. But the worst of it is since the house burned the owner has in no way tried to contact them to even see if they were ok. The stepchildren were there the day this happened and wasn't any bit concerned about nothing only getting the heating and cooling unit off the side of the house. The owner only had a few old appliances in the home nothing else. Unlike the article in the paper read. It also did damage to their vehicle because it was parked close to the home. I heard from several that the owner had been told the wireing needed checked on several occasions, but did nothing. Too late now,the people lost everything. Bottom line if you are going to rent a home and charge a high price for rent, or any price for that matter make sure that you keep your rental property up so this doesn't happen. If you ask me the owner should be real ashamed to show theirselves after acting like this. But i've also been told there is a special place for people who act so cruel, and inhumane. Praying for that family not the owner. Money hungry,greedy,selfish, people. Let the tables be turned and see how it would be to wear their shoes.
Now just how stupid do you sound, Its the place of the renter to let the owner know that the house burned, How else would the owner know this, They could be out of town, You sound stupidd, Wtih two Ds.Hell 5 women in this house and loose every thing dont make sense,Had a doty creek resident said they set up all night and sleep all day, Bet they were in the bed, Lucky they are all alive thank god, But back to the owner not calling, I would be pissed if my renters house burned, And they did not have the courtsey to call me, Something wrong here!
Agree Both Sides

London, KY

#9 Jan 20, 2013
Neighbor and friend, I feel sorry for both sides. I don't know how anyone could feel anything any different!!!!! I do know one thing though, IF I lived in a rented house and I knew there was a wiring problem, I would not lay down and rest till I knew it was fixed and If the owner did nothing to help me then I would take the rent money and have it fixed myself. If that was a problem, I would at least be be safe till I found another place to go!!!! There was a small child that lived in that house. You don't take chances like that!!!!! So many people die from such simple little things!!!! One thing that neither party has to worry about is nobody died and are not burned badly. That we can all thank God for!!! Material objects can be replaced, people can't!!! Insurance and fire investigators will determine what started the fire. It won't bring anything back, but maybe it will answer many questions!!!! I do pray for anyone who has lost anything.
Question

London, KY

#10 Jan 20, 2013
just concerned wrote:
IF I were to loan you my car, and it did not have too much gas in it, you ran out and left it beside the road and did not call me and someone else had to tell me it was just sitting there, should I go look for you or try to go see about my car???? I the car owner would think you didn't care about my property!!!!! Maybe, you need to think before you post!!! The renters as I understand..DID NEVER call the OWNER!!!!!
I know

Winchester, KY

#11 Jan 20, 2013
I used to rent out property and it's the renters responsibility to get fire insurance for the contents of the home and it's the owners responsibility to have insurance for the home itself. If the renter has proof that it burned due to wiring and has a contract that states who is responsible for wiring and other mechanical issues as well as proof the owner was told about the problems the owner may be responsible otherwise both parties loose.
Worried

London, KY

#12 Jan 25, 2013
Has this family found a home yet?? That is, looks like to me the big issue here!!!! Does anyone know are they being helped????
Caring

Virgie, KY

#13 Jan 28, 2013
I hope they found a place to go. This is a terrible situation.
loosey may be

Winchester, KY

#14 Feb 18, 2013
Coal Miner wrote:
<quoted text>Now just how stupid do you sound, Its the place of the renter to let the owner know that the house burned, How else would the owner know this, They could be out of town, You sound stupidd, Wtih two Ds.Hell 5 women in this house and loose every thing dont make sense,Had a doty creek resident said they set up all night and sleep all day, Bet they were in the bed, Lucky they are all alive thank god, But back to the owner not calling, I would be pissed if my renters house burned, And they did not have the courtsey to call me, Something wrong here!
whoever you are your retarted, they said they had told them, and the damn fire department called the owner she was out of town you moron. also there wasn't 5 women in the home either. two in the home worked so guess there goes your credibility. you must be related to the owner for taking up for them. guess your all sorry excues for humans.
buh

Evansville, IN

#15 Mar 5, 2013
blah blah blah blah
Real Blond Girl

London, KY

#16 Mar 7, 2013
loosey may be wrote:
<quoted text> whoever you are your retarted, they said they had told them, and the damn fire department called the owner she was out of town you moron. also there wasn't 5 women in the home either. two in the home worked so guess there goes your credibility. you must be related to the owner for taking up for them. guess your all sorry excues for humans.
Yea you forgot to say lickers,That work,These lisbians need to talk to a preacher,The one looks like 800 lbs man she is big she might be a man,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA.
lincoln

Winchester, KY

#17 Mar 13, 2013
Real Blond Girl wrote:
<quoted text>Yea you forgot to say lickers,That work,These lisbians need to talk to a preacher,The one looks like 800 lbs man she is big she might be a man,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA.
First of all dumbass you can't spell. Secondly what business is it of yours that they are lesbians, at least they work. More than you i'm sure. 800lbs i hardly think so. As far as talkin to a preacher so should the woman who owned it. Her and her husband are known "pill sellers". Get yourself a life you toothless,barefoot, stanky trailer trash idiot. You best hope the 800lber don't figure out who you are or your ass will become a greasy spot. Everyone just about in this area is so damn sorry. I mean feel proud you bring meaning to the word hillbilly ignorant uneducated trailer trash.
lincoln

Winchester, KY

#18 Mar 13, 2013
lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>First of all dumbass you can't spell. Secondly what business is it of yours that they are lesbians, at least they work. More than you i'm sure. 800lbs i hardly think so. As far as talkin to a preacher so should the woman who owned it. Her and her husband are known "pill sellers". Get yourself a life you toothless,barefoot, stanky trailer trash idiot. You best hope the 800lber don't figure out who you are or your ass will become a greasy spot. Everyone just about in this area is so damn sorry. I mean feel proud you bring meaning to the word hillbilly ignorant uneducated trailer trash.
Forgot to say this much. I know those girls, and they are good respectable people. And if that "800lb" is a man she is the prettiest man i ever seen. Now the other girl that lived there she isn't much at all. Anyway you all need to get some kinda life and stay off here. I only saw this topic and was wondering if they had found a place to go, and was doing ok. I kinda feel bad that i even replied because i know 99% of the comments comes from inbred idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Etty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min Curious Joe IIII 7,192
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Cornelius Scudmister 155,447
Obama he's a disgrace 3 hr Abe 113
Public health crisis 3 hr Abe 74
Anti-War ( ISIS ) 7 hr Nam Vet 68-71 8
Hall and Jones (Jun '11) 8 hr Hiho hiho 44
the owner of Jesus place? 8 hr NoHomo 3

Etty Jobs

Etty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Etty News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Etty

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]