here comes the bun
um yeah

East Bernstadt, KY

#43 Jan 29, 2013
There are two very nice young ladies running this place and I thought the food was great!
Dear Lord Above

Winchester, KY

#44 Jan 30, 2013
umm wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree and was told first hand the Appleshop runs it.
I'm sort of new to this town, but I tell you what... I've never seen a bunch of more ignorant people who immediately talk down about something or someone because of things they've "heard" first hand and actually don't know anything about. Tell me all these terrible things you know about Appalshop or Summit City... Because I would lay money down on a table saying you don't know anything specific. What so-and-so tells you doesn't mean crap unless you're smart enough to look into it yourselves. Don't get me wrong, now, I'm not into this "War on Coal," but I am so sick and tired of EVERYTHING relating to it. It's a friggin bakery! Two of the people running it are not even from here! So how did you come to the conclusion that Appalshop is "running" it? And while you're at it, you guys include Summit City and it seems to me they don't bother anybody. You're first hand source sounds like a gossiping right wing who has never been in any of the three places and only likes to spread tales. If you don't like it, don't go there... But atleast let's all be respectable enough to not judge people based on their looks (hippie, freak, whatever). When you do so, it just makes you look like you have nothing more intelligent to say.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#45 Jan 30, 2013
Dear Lord Above wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sort of new to this town, but I tell you what... I've never seen a bunch of more ignorant people who immediately talk down about something or someone because of things they've "heard" first hand and actually don't know anything about. Tell me all these terrible things you know about Appalshop or Summit City... Because I would lay money down on a table saying you don't know anything specific. What so-and-so tells you doesn't mean crap unless you're smart enough to look into it yourselves. Don't get me wrong, now, I'm not into this "War on Coal," but I am so sick and tired of EVERYTHING relating to it. It's a friggin bakery! Two of the people running it are not even from here! So how did you come to the conclusion that Appalshop is "running" it? And while you're at it, you guys include Summit City and it seems to me they don't bother anybody. You're first hand source sounds like a gossiping right wing who has never been in any of the three places and only likes to spread tales. If you don't like it, don't go there... But atleast let's all be respectable enough to not judge people based on their looks (hippie, freak, whatever). When you do so, it just makes you look like you have nothing more intelligent to say.
You're new to here you say? Imagine my frustration of having to listen to all these people my whole life, lol. Drives me crazy, all the simple narrow minded, zombies screaming 'war on coal' all day long. It's always the same crap over and over. I'm willing to bet these folks saying these things about the Appalshop, and Summit City, don't even know any of these people. They just spout off what someone else told them. Mindless zombies, everyone of them.
hungry

Winchester, KY

#46 Feb 4, 2013
i have been there twice and it was not open, last trip for me
MEE

Whitesburg, KY

#47 Feb 6, 2013
I would rather eat a turd with frosting than give my hard earned cash to a hippie!
HIPPIE=APPALSHOP....Nuff said.
Dear Lord Above

Winchester, KY

#48 Feb 6, 2013
MEE wrote:
I would rather eat a turd with frosting than give my hard earned cash to a hippie!
HIPPIE=APPALSHOP....Nuff said.
I would rather hang by my eyelids than listen to your reasoning. Thank you for validating what was said above!
YOU = IGNORANT... Nuff said.
Fed up

Whitesburg, KY

#49 Feb 22, 2013
90 percent of you people are pathetic. You give so much crap to people because they dress like hippies, even if they are bringing business back to your town, and trying to revitalize the economy. If anyone on here is running a more successful business than these kids, please say so, otherwise shut the heck up. they are doing more with their lives than posting rumors on some stupid website. I've been in there a few times. The people are really nice ( 2 girls and a guy are the owners, none of them "hippies" and none of them from the applshop) The food is pretty decent, but the apple cinnamon cupcake I had was amazing. And they recently lowered the prices on their cupcakes, which is pretty awesome, considering they are home made. But hey, don't listen to me. What do i know, I've only been in there, ate the food, and talked to the owners. Maybe you should just listen to these rumors.
Or maybe just go in for yourself.
Oh, and their hours are on their Facebook and on their window, they haven't changed, I've never had a problem finding them open.
Amazing

London, KY

#50 Feb 22, 2013
Doesnt only have breakfast though. Best Brocolli cheese soup i have ever had. For 10 bucks, Me and my GF got a sandwich to split, 2 bowls of soup. 2 sodas, and a donut for her breakfast. Everything is simply amazing.
Brainiac

Whitesburg, KY

#51 Feb 22, 2013
I've ate there a few times now. Great doughnuts, and nice friendly folks running the place. I wish them all the best and hope they are very successful so I can continue to eat there.

On another note, I am ashamed of how some of you judgmental narrow minded fools around here act. I hope the rest of the country doesn't think we all act like you people.
orly

Winchester, KY

#52 Feb 24, 2013
I only eat at places that serve coal. If it ain't on the menu, i'm not hungry.
the truth

Georgetown, KY

#53 Feb 24, 2013
when you get goverment funding like appalshop and summit city and court house cafe you can close at 3 in the day there not 50 people in these business a week no one can make it on that with out help from some where
just me

Georgetown, KY

#54 Feb 24, 2013
I would like to own this business this is a great ideal and i belive it would be a great business but these people are so nasty no one will go in there over one time when they see how dirty these pople are
Huh

Madisonville, KY

#55 Feb 25, 2013
just me wrote:
I would like to own this business this is a great ideal and i belive it would be a great business but these people are so nasty no one will go in there over one time when they see how dirty these pople are
What do you think is so dirty? I've been there a lot and the only thing I noticed is they only mop the floor every couple of days. They also got pretty good health inspection score.
goodbuns

Whitesburg, KY

#56 Feb 26, 2013
love them
ignorance

Prestonsburg, KY

#57 Feb 26, 2013
So, what has coal done for you lately?? Yes it fed my family for a lil while, now my dad and grandad are dying from black lung, my uncles back is broke and now everyone in letcher county is suffering bc no coal jobs. and you people LOVE it? its let you down continously. Why not put this energy into coming up with new ideas for jobs? factory, prison, businesses. Geez people, wake up.
local

Winchester, KY

#58 Mar 8, 2013
umm wrote:
<quoted text>the people from the Appleshop opened and are running it.
The people that opened it are not affiliated with Appalshop
Free Thinker

Whitesburg, KY

#59 Mar 8, 2013
local wrote:
<quoted text>
The people that opened it are not affiliated with Appalshop
Don't even waste your time. The people around here are to ignorant to understand this. In their mind if you don't work in a coal mine you're a hippy, tree hugging, appalhead. Big daddy coal has them all brainwashed and eating out of his bloodstained hands. They don't realize how stupid they sound when they go off on their pro coal rants. They are to narrow minded and suffering from tunnel vision to bad to see that a new business is good for this tiny town, and to bigoted against anyone who dresses different than them to accept someone different even if that someone makes the community a better place to live. Coal companies have them all so afraid of change that it is crippling them and their community. Sad to say, but it is true even if they will not admit it.
Obamanation

Whitesburg, KY

#60 Mar 8, 2013
I think everybody is tired of the hippie Appalheads and finally standing together tonight them. Those guys on Facebook, letcher county against liberals are speaking up and going to meetings. It's about time we stop these Appalheads from fighting every job coming to our county. I see now they are even against the possibility of a new prison.
Free Thinker

Whitesburg, KY

#61 Mar 8, 2013
Obamanation wrote:
I think everybody is tired of the hippie Appalheads and finally standing together tonight them. Those guys on Facebook, letcher county against liberals are speaking up and going to meetings. It's about time we stop these Appalheads from fighting every job coming to our county. I see now they are even against the possibility of a new prison.
Kind of hypocritical of you guys to say they are fighting jobs coming in here, while you guys are trying to shut down 'Here comes the bun' and any establishment you think are 'hippies' or 'appalheads' it doesn't even matter to you pro coal zombies if your allegations are true or not, as long as it serves your own agendas.
Obamanation

Whitesburg, KY

#62 Mar 8, 2013
Kinda like the appalshop wanting non coal jobs but against the prison coming to Letcher county!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Etty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
motel 17 min Worker 3
Generous guy 1 hr big Daddy 5
mail box thief 3 hr USPS security 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr CriminalForever 152,034
Gary Tackett 5 hr Nailonthehead 20
Federal prison 6 hr Learn 44
tree huggers crying. summit city to shut down (Feb '16) 8 hr KKM 28

Etty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Etty Mortgages