Loud noise last night

Posted in the Ettrick Forum

Billy Bob

Hopewell, VA

#1 May 13, 2012
Did anyone hear what sounded like an explosion last night? Couldn't tell if it was in Hopewell or on 295.
Heard

Hopewell, VA

#2 May 13, 2012
Some kind of noise woke me up last night and im a very deep sleeper beenn known to sleep through alarm clock. Didnt notice what time it was
Boom

Quinton, VA

#3 May 14, 2012
Heard wrote:
Some kind of noise woke me up last night and im a very deep sleeper beenn known to sleep through alarm clock. Didnt notice what time it was
Ft Lee EOD exploded a Vietnam War era grenade around 9:15pm
Heard boom 29

Hopewell, VA

#4 May 14, 2012
I live 3miles from dr lee and heard a boom prob bout 900 to and my house shook wouls the grenade of caused it
Boom

Quinton, VA

#5 May 15, 2012
Heard boom 29 wrote:
I live 3miles from dr lee and heard a boom prob bout 900 to and my house shook wouls the grenade of caused it
yes
Billy Bob

Hopewell, VA

#6 May 15, 2012
Thank you for solving the mystery, Boom. I heard something about the grenade on the news but didn't realize it was on the same day.
Billy jackson

Sterling, VA

#7 Oct 19, 2012
It sounded like a slow moving craft. A grenade leaves a sudden loud sound behind but it was slow as if something massive like an aircraft were hovering slowing and crossing. It was heard for a longer period and it was mobile not static. My initial understanding was that it could be a plane flying low but there were other jets flying in the sky and they didn't sound any near to the sound being produced by this thing. It was so loud and rattling that i had to walk out but the cloudy weather hindered my view and it had already passed my area so i couldn't see it.
Gus

Midlothian, VA

#8 Jan 6, 2013
Billy Bob wrote:
Did anyone hear what sounded like an explosion last night? Couldn't tell if it was in Hopewell or on 295.
I'm hearing Loud booms in Chesterfield county its Jan 6th 2013. I just wonder if the military are doing exercises at Fort Lee in Hopewell/ Petersburg, Va. Been hearing them for about an hour now its 11:26 am now!
Keith

Colonial Heights, VA

#9 Jan 19, 2013
I live in chesterfield county near Chestin Lake, and previously I have heard what sounded like military exercises as well. January 19, 2013 was a bit un-nerving. Around 9:00 PM my family heard a loud boom. So far, nothing in the news has been reported. My neighbors heard the boom as well. One note was that my son and I noticed a bright unusual light that passed threw our living room 5 minutes prior to loud boom sound. Oddly enough a family member a street over from me did not hear the loud boom sound.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ettrick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Are Petersburg Students so darn Stupid, wor... (Oct '12) Mon Lung Crow 44
Adult bookstore (Feb '12) Nov 24 trolling snaghook 29
Diversity is a codeword for White genocide Nov 24 7859hkgjt 1
City Attorney Resigns Nov 22 Lisa 2
Sexual Predator Caught by Hopewell Couple on No... Nov 22 Martha 3
Report bad work from Kenny Amos here. Nov 14 Buddy Mitchell 10
to the folks who wrecked in my yard (Mar '14) May '14 The Wandering Jew 6
Ettrick Dating
Find my Match

Ettrick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ettrick News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ettrick

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:56 pm PST

NBC Sports11:56PM
Colts put in extra time to prepare for McCoy - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:59 AM
Washington Redskins vs. Indianapolis Colts: Breaking Down Washington's Game Plan
NFL 4:44 AM
Redskins players 'surprised' by RGIII's benching
NBC Sports 5:42 AM
Thursday morning one-liners
Bleacher Report 6:44 AM
Chargers vs. Ravens: Breaking Down Baltimore's Game Plan