Upcoming Sheriff's Election

Posted in the Ettrick Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
The Race has begun

Richmond, VA

#1 May 11, 2013
I have noticed that so far two people have started Facebook pages announcing that they are running for Hopewell Sheriff.

Hopewell PD's Cathie Mitchell and Hopewell SO Luther Sodat. Both have about 25 years in Law Enforcement. Cathie has a wide range of experience from her work with Hopewell PD. Luther has experience in the Sheriff's Office.

As always this is going to come down to a popularity contest. From what I read Cathie has a lot of good ideas and things she wants to implement. Luther is running on his experience working for Hopewell SO.

This could be interesting to watch and see how it will unfold.
O Lord

Anonymous Proxy

#2 May 12, 2013
Anyone heard how Cathie's son is doing after he was brutually attacked at time square apartments? Been looking on news havent heard a peep he was in icu for couple weeks from what understand. i sure hope he is ok.
hopewell

Hopewell, VA

#3 May 12, 2013
O Lord wrote:
Anyone heard how Cathie's son is doing after he was brutually attacked at time square apartments? Been looking on news havent heard a peep he was in icu for couple weeks from what understand. i sure hope he is ok.
What I never heard about anybody being attacked there recently??? please tell me more..
O Lord

Anonymous Proxy

#4 May 12, 2013
When I were in VA visiting family a family friend who is an officer on the force told us about it. Didnt get into many details just that was brutally attacked by couple bravo mikes
hopewell

Hopewell, VA

#5 May 12, 2013
O Lord wrote:
When I were in VA visiting family a family friend who is an officer on the force told us about it. Didnt get into many details just that was brutally attacked by couple bravo mikes
Oh I see... thanks for the reply, yes that neighbor hood is run down, can't be nobody but thugs!!!
O Lord

Anonymous Proxy

#6 May 13, 2013
Would like to know what was doing down there in first place. Took ride down there and needless to say i turned around before I turned in. It wasback in march btw it didnt just happen
hopewell

Hopewell, VA

#7 May 13, 2013
O Lord wrote:
Would like to know what was doing down there in first place. Took ride down there and needless to say i turned around before I turned in. It wasback in march btw it didnt just happen
Haha that's funny, oh march, still recent lol.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#8 May 13, 2013
Cathie Mitchell would make an excellent sheriff. She is the most caring person I have ever met. She loves her family and loves the city of Hopewell. She is fair and honest. Her son was brutally attacked back in January while visiting a friend and he is doing fine.

Cathie For Sheriff!!
no fog

Washington, DC

#9 May 17, 2013
What a better reason to run...having a vested interest as not only a citizen, an officer but as a mother...good luck Mitchell.
eliminatesection 8

District Heights, MD

#10 May 17, 2013
Way to much black crime in this city! Section 8 housing is slowly going to flush this city down the toilet
eliminatesection 8

District Heights, MD

#11 May 17, 2013
You can find all the info online its public record black crime is 96% vs white crime 4%
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#12 May 17, 2013
The crimes are all about drugs. It is neither black or white, but stupid! When people finally get smart and get away from drugs, the trash will leave and go to other haunts. People that live in these rough neighborhoods need to join or start neighborhood-watch groups to chase this rubbish out of town. If you see something, call the cops. Don't sit on your hands and wish your life away. SHOW SOME GUTS.
JoeBlo

Colonial Heights, VA

#13 Jul 19, 2013
elektra42 wrote:
Cathie Mitchell would make an excellent sheriff. She is the most caring person I have ever met. She loves her family and loves the city of Hopewell. She is fair and honest. Her son was brutally attacked back in January while visiting a friend and he is doing fine.
Cathie For Sheriff!!
Nothing like the integrity of campaigning from your patrol car and avoiding work...

Yeah a great Sheriff she wouldn't be.
LOL

Colonial Heights, VA

#14 Jul 19, 2013
JoeBlo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing like the integrity of campaigning from your patrol car and avoiding work...
Yeah a great Sheriff she wouldn't be.
If that isn't the truth! You do not see her without that cell phone attached to her ear! Even when sirens and lights are running, which if I'm not mistaken is a BIG no-no!
Hopewell

Hopewell, VA

#15 Jul 19, 2013
well JoeBlo and LOL it is obvious you are one and the same person posting. I am a Hopewell Cop and almost ALL of us use our cell phones constantly. That is how citizens reach out to us personally. That is how CI'S contact us with info to protect you. Have you personally seen her campaigning, IE overheard the conversations? Witnessed her giving out info? I don't think so. I have personally talked to Hunter, Mitchell, and Sodat about the campaign while each one of them was on duty, big deal, that is to be expected. People have questions. Answering a few questions does not in anyway mean anyone of them has neglected their duties. Maybe you should spend more time questioning the candidates at any opportunity that you might get and make an INFORMED decision and VOTE.
craftycann

Ashburn, VA

#16 Jul 19, 2013
Have joined the hoods watch. So far....a lot of complaints about who's grass is high and there's no organized crime in Hopewell.
Fucktard Hopewell Cops

Anonymous Proxy

#17 Jul 19, 2013
Hopewell Asshole wrote:
well JoeBlo and LOL it is obvious you are one and the same person posting. I am a Hopewell Cop and almost ALL of us use our cell phones constantly. That is how citizens reach out to us personally. That is how CI'S contact us with info to protect you. Have you personally seen her campaigning, IE overheard the conversations? Witnessed her giving out info? I don't think so. I have personally talked to Hunter, Mitchell, and Sodat about the campaign while each one of them was on duty, big deal, that is to be expected. People have questions. Answering a few questions does not in anyway mean anyone of them has neglected their duties. Maybe you should spend more time questioning the candidates at any opportunity that you might get and make an INFORMED decision and VOTE.
You're a gutless pig!!!
Billy Bob

Hopewell, VA

#18 Jul 20, 2013
Does anyone have any accurate information about what each candidate has planned for the 295 program? That will have a tremendous influence on my vote. It has slowed down a lot of speeding drivers on the interstate and has brought in lots of $$$$. Besides, no need for anyone to be going that fast through our area.
Hopewell

Hopewell, VA

#19 Jul 20, 2013
to "FHC" you are hiding behind an anonymous screen name so who is really gutless?

To Billy Bob, I have spoken with each candidate, each has a different plan, they will be glad to speak with anyone about it.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#20 Jul 20, 2013
All of the candidates are good people, you just need to find the ones or one who is NOT being backed by the GOBs in Hopewell. If the "Gang Of 4" on council are for them, that is a "red flag". Beware who the city manager is for( he is a worm). Do your homework, ask the candidates questions yourself, don't take hearsay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ettrick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Petersburg, VA (Aug '10) 19 min henu 28
Gay wanting to hook up 1 hr eldog 1
Would you hire an unlicensed, uninsured contra... Tue Buddy Mitchell 41
What happened to VN Vet? Miss the comments. Mon VN Vet 9
Adult bookstore (Feb '12) Mon henu 26
Report bad work from Kenny Amos here. Oct 27 Buddy Mitchell 8
Your Hopewell Youth Cheerleading and Football ... (Nov '10) Oct 23 from old Hopewell 29
Ettrick Dating
Find my Match

Ettrick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ettrick News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ettrick

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]