just me

Richmond, VA

#23 Mar 9, 2011
Well i like living in Hopewell.
bea

Paducah, KY

#24 May 21, 2011
Ron McGarrity wrote:
it;s not just the government its the police judges anyone with authority. that's how they drive you out if I could leave I would leave today
not so easy to leave especially if you have a house and because of the economy its hard to sell it.
beth

Paducah, KY

#25 May 21, 2011
what would you say are the best and worse things about hopewell.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#26 Jul 9, 2011
Do you wonder what mayor Bailey is up to? You better check. She can't be up to any good for the citizens or the city of Hopewell.
24fan

AOL

#27 Jul 9, 2011
iii wrote:
impreach clb, bp
right on!!!!
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#28 Jul 9, 2011
Best thing that could happen for Hopewell!
Weefolk 1

Richmond, VA

#29 Jul 10, 2011
Gripe and whine. The energy wasted on the "poor me' stuff could be used to help. Get involved with some boards or committees. Use your voices and talents to create change. Go to city council and speak up. One thing is for sure this Ain't working.
diana

Paducah, KY

#30 Jul 10, 2011
in order for hopewell to be better people need to have that mindset and i mean everyone.
Edmund Ruffin

Loganville, GA

#31 Jul 12, 2011
Hopewell's problem is that it's got too many welfare public housing peeps. Which leads to gang violence and drugs. Close down public housing, get rid of the deadbeats and lowlifes and stop blaming the people actually trying to make a change.

Im sick of the whining you people resort too. You don't like something run for office, or shut the duck up!
24fan

AOL

#32 Jul 13, 2011
Edmund Ruffin wrote:
Hopewell's problem is that it's got too many welfare public housing peeps. Which leads to gang violence and drugs. Close down public housing, get rid of the deadbeats and lowlifes and stop blaming the people actually trying to make a change.
Im sick of the whining you people resort too. You don't like something run for office, or shut the duck up!
does anybody care what you are sick of???
Freedom 4 All

Hopewell, VA

#33 Jul 13, 2011
I don't understand why there are those who gripe sabout Hopewell. Hopewell enjoys a Sheriff who put out as high as 4 Deputies on the city's 8/10 mile stretch of I-295 to set up speed traps which steals over $140,000 monthly from unsuspecting drivers. That's $1.5 million a year. Heck, being the size that Hopewell is, the streets should be paved in gold and honey flowing into the city's gutters!! I'm sure that the city leaders are reducing proerty tax rates for the citizens as well as building outstanding city infrastructure for the citizens of Hopewell to enjoy with the ill-gotten gains from that 'thug with a badge'. So it seems that not only should there be 'hope' in the city, but high satisfaction as well. OK, so Hopewell has a high crime rate and the worst school system in the state. Who cares that the Sheriff refuses to put deputies on the city streets to help the P.D. prevent crimes. YOU GET money and that is worth much more than helping prevent citizens from being poor crime victims or illiterate from bad schools. So everyone outside of the city knows Hopewell sucks, but they can't enjoy the blessings that creepy Sheriff and his henchman bestow onto the city!! Keep that money flowing and the crime rate grown Hopewell. So LUV your hick town and don't give adamn about the reputation. YOU have a cash cow thanks to I-295!!
I LUV MY CITY

Hopewell, VA

#34 Jul 13, 2011
Shhh there Freedome 4 All. Do not put the word out, those unsuspecting drivers whose cash we love to have may get off the interstate and go around to avoid our hopsitality. Oh wait, THEY CAN NOT. There is no close on_off ramp on or near that strech of hiway that we own, so they can not avoid it. GREAT. Keep stealing boys. A few crime victims, or a few folks who can not read is a small price to pay for a free millions bucks a year. So go get them boys.
Edmund Ruffin

Loganville, GA

#35 Jul 14, 2011
24fan wrote:
<quoted text>does anybody care what you are sick of???
Probably about as much as they care for you and your gay jeff gordon fetish!
24fan

AOL

#36 Jul 14, 2011
Edmund Ruffin wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably about as much as they care for you and your gay jeff gordon fetish!
sorry,I did not mean to hit a nerve !!
meg

Hopewell, VA

#37 Aug 13, 2011
VN Vet wrote:
Please don't include the police,at least not all of them. They are hard working underpaid folks trying to keep us safe. And no, I'm not a cop or related to one. It's the upper f***s that cause the problems.
where i live, i called the police as someone is messing with things on my property every day , when it is late and dark out,they tell me they will patrol more. guess what it is still happening? any advice people.
blind

United States

#38 Aug 13, 2011
Take it to the commonwealth attorney. Oh wait he won't do anything either guess you're out of luck
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#39 Aug 13, 2011
With all the drugs and other crime going on around town, the cops can't be everywhere all the time. Get with neighborhood watch,or just get a gun and protect your own property like I do. Just make sure you kill the little bastuuuurds, or you will get sued(make sure they have a weapon).
Just me

Salt Lake City, UT

#40 Aug 14, 2011
I lived in Hopehell for 2 yrs and it sucke because it's too far from civilization, it feels like a forest, too many racoons, the people are unfriendly, everything closes to early, the movie theater is filthy, people can't drive, and it's just plain boring

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ettrick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Semi-Literate Mayor Of Bankrupt City Denounces ... 4 hr VN Vet 22
News VA: Fatal shooting in Prince George called self... (Nov '08) Aug 21 True Judgement 177
News City of Petersburg has been partially paying fo... Aug 18 True Judgement 2
News Inmate dies at Central State Hospital in Va - wtvr (Mar '10) Aug 15 u know 108
DuPont School Volunteer painting Project. Aug 12 Mist 6
Hopewell Downtown Partnership Aug 5 VN Vet 8
Broyhill Ford Property (Aug '15) Aug 4 Hopewell 4

Ettrick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ettrick Mortgages