Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#12232 Jun 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
No the key word is YEARS. I am familiar with firms such as Bain. The services they provide last only a few months to a couple of years. Most of the examples you cited had a time frame of close to a decade of company operation after Bain left. Plenty of time for a multitude of things to happen that may cause a bankruptcy outside of Bain's influence. I know that doesn't fit your argument but the reality is that there is too much time that has gone by for these companies to blame their bankruptcies on Bain.
ROF-LMAO
" I know that doesn't fit your argument----- but"
The day after the Washington Post story, the New York Times detailed instances when Romney and other Bain executives earned large sums at a time when some companies they were involved with failed.
A key paragraph:
“The private equity firm, co-founded and run by Mitt Romney, held a majority stake in more than 40 United States-based companies from its inception in 1984 to early 1999, when Mr. Romney left Bain to lead the Salt Lake City Olympics. Of those companies, at least seven eventually filed for bankruptcy while Bain remained involved, or shortly afterward, according to a review by The New York Times. In some instances, hundreds of employees lost their jobs. In most of those cases, however, records and interviews suggest that Bain and its executives still found a way to make money.”
The New York Times published this response from Bain Capital:
“We understand that in a political campaign some may distort or our investment activity by cherry picking a few negative situations while ignoring our overall track record. But, the truth is that less than 5 percent of our companies filed for bankruptcy while under our control". UNQUOTE

" I am familiar with firms such as Bain"

AND THE TASTE OF CROW, I MIGHT ADD.
Reality Check

United States

#12233 Jun 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Mittens sprinkeled fairy dust over his kingdom and
every one in the USA lived happily ever after.
Given what your guy has done and how loyal you are to him I know it's hard for you to conceive.
Not Fooling Anyone

Little Rock, AR

#12234 Jun 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
ROF-LMAO
" I know that doesn't fit your argument----- but"
The day after the Washington Post story, the New York Times detailed instances when Romney and other Bain executives earned large sums at a time when some companies they were involved with failed.
A key paragraph:
“The private equity firm, co-founded and run by Mitt Romney, held a majority stake in more than 40 United States-based companies from its inception in 1984 to early 1999, when Mr. Romney left Bain to lead the Salt Lake City Olympics. Of those companies, at least seven eventually filed for bankruptcy while Bain remained involved, or shortly afterward, according to a review by The New York Times. In some instances, hundreds of employees lost their jobs. In most of those cases, however, records and interviews suggest that Bain and its executives still found a way to make money.”
The New York Times published this response from Bain Capital:
“We understand that in a political campaign some may distort or our investment activity by cherry picking a few negative situations while ignoring our overall track record. But, the truth is that less than 5 percent of our companies filed for bankruptcy while under our control". UNQUOTE
" I am familiar with firms such as Bain"
AND THE TASTE OF CROW, I MIGHT ADD.
One half of all businesses fail within five years and only 5% of Bain's did, sounds like they did 10X better than the norm.

Location hidden

#12235 Jun 23, 2012
Not Fooling Anyone wrote:
<quoted text>
One half of all businesses fail within five years and only 5% of Bain's did, sounds like they did 10X better than the norm.
OKAY, name the companies in that 5%, that in been in business 5 years or less.
Contemplating

Little Rock, AR

#12236 Jun 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Given what your guy has done and how loyal you are to him I know it's hard for you to conceive.
With his personality it would be hard for him to concieve.

Location hidden

#12237 Jun 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit, Fairy Dust, and living happily ever after is hard for me to conceive.

From this post I guess you think its not.

Location hidden

#12238 Jun 23, 2012
Contemplating wrote:
<quoted text>
With his personality it would be hard for him to concieve.
I think it would be damn hard for any man to, "conceive" if you ask me, or are you relying on fuzzy biology and misspelled words?
Not Fooling Anyone

Little Rock, AR

#12239 Jun 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
OKAY, name the companies in that 5%, that in been in business 5 years or less.
As you are famous for saying "You look it up, it's not my job", but in reality you are the one that is complaining about five per cent of the companies filing bankruptcy, that is a very low per cent age and if you were being honest you would have stated that the vast majority of those bankruptcies were reorganizations.
Contemplating

Little Rock, AR

#12240 Jun 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would be damn hard for any man to, "conceive" if you ask me, or are you relying on fuzzy biology and misspelled words?
manly men are a very important part in the conceiving process, and you are the last person on earth that should ever make an issue of a misspelling.

Location hidden

#12241 Jun 23, 2012
<quoted text>
As you are famous for saying "You look it up, it's not my job", but in reality you are the one that is complaining about five per cent of the companies filing bankruptcy, that is a very low per cent age and if you were being honest you would have stated that the vast majority of those bankruptcies were reorganizations.
"complaining"------- Nope

You cannot even name the companies, how do you they were "reorganizations".

Please, if you are going to attempt to argue, at the very least act like you know what you are talking about, oh im sorry, you are arent you?

Location hidden

#12242 Jun 23, 2012
Contemplating wrote:
<quoted text>manly men are a very important part in the conceiving process, and you are the last person on earth that should ever make an issue of a misspelling.
So, only "manly men" have sperm?

Location hidden

#12243 Jun 23, 2012
. What does he really believe?
When Mr. Romney boasted in February that he had been a “severely conservative Republican governor” of “deep blue” Massachusetts, attendees at the Conservative Political Action Conference scratched their heads. There was Romney, trying again to convince the GOP’s conservative base that he was one of them, when his relatively moderate record as a Massachusetts politician says otherwise.
He used to support abortion rights, gay rights, and gun control, but now he opposes them. He used to support comprehensive immigration reform, including a path to citizenship for those in the US illegally, but now he doesn’t. He once said his reform of health care in Massachusetts could serve as a model for the nation, but now he’s eager to undo President Obama’s Affordable Care Act,
Romney shifted to the right to run for president in 2008, and he has stayed there since. But he still calibrates himself at times. At a Republican debate in January, he softened his opposition to the DREAM Act – legislation that provides a path to citizenship for some young undocumented immigrants. When Newt Gingrich said he would allow legal status for those who join the military, Romney said he would, too.
In a recent focus group of mostly conservative voters in Tampa, Fla., the most common concern raised about Romney is that he’s been inconsistent on the issues.“Make a stand whether people like it or not,” said one participant, a middle-aged paralegal named Julie, according to NBC News
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2012/...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#12244 Jun 23, 2012
lets vote now I can't take anymore by november I will be at the va funny farm at Ft Roots
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#12245 Jun 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Think cheap foreign labor, think beating the IRS.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#12246 Jun 24, 2012
from hear me wrote:
lets vote now I can't take anymore by november I will be at the va funny farm at Ft Roots
Only a teabaggers trying to make political hay out of Johnsongrass, just a part of their strategy, fill the internet with BS and see who can be swayed by their inner demons.

It's an age old story with a fairly new twist.
keeping the retarded str8

Greenwood, IN

#12247 Jun 24, 2012
I vote that bill should tea bag blanche... Arkansas style
Charmed

Bexar, AR

#12248 Jun 24, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Romney balances the budget in his first term in office and we are able to eliminate all taxes your polls will still show him losing to Obama by 13%. Fact is liberals don't accept failure very well especially when success is in such short supply like it is with Obama. As far as inheriting Bush's economy goes, Obama knew exactly what he was getting and even formulated a plan to make America prosperous again (At least that is what he said). We have seen none of what he said we would see and now he is trying to blame someone else for his failures and it isn't working with the voters despite what your liberal polls say. If a losing football team hires a new coach. That coach has a plan he feels will make the football team a winning program again. He pitches his plan to the atheletic director and gets hired. The contract is for four years and $2 million per year. The university agrees to every assistant coach that the new coach wants and their salaries. Mid way through his third year the football team is 1-5 and the overall record for the new coach's tenure is 6-23. Boosters have cut back or stopped donating and ticket sales are down 25%. The football program has spent millions on new facilities that the new coach said he needed in order to take the program to the next level. The football program is now not able to make its own way financially. Big time recruits are now going to school elsewhere. The university fires the coach and buys out his final year. Do you think the fired coach would be heard on ESPN saying that it was the former coaches fault that he could not succeed. No!!! The fired coach would go out and take full responsibility for his actions. The actions that led to a 6-23 mark through 3 1/2 yrs of a 4 yr contract. What is different about Obama's presidency? He said he knew what he was getting into but the results were not what he said they would be. He has the nerve to blame someone (Bush) who has no control over his actions as president. Now instead of getting fired he is asking for a 4 yr extension. Why should the president be any different than any other job? It shouldn't, you just can't accept that because Obama is considered to be the liberal savior.
You're wrong on a couple of issues. Using your analogy, The "coach" did not know the program was falling apart financially until 2 months before he started the job (Sept. 17, 2008). It was too late to bail out; the contract had been signed. Sorry, dude, no new equipment and your practice facilities can only be used part-time. Best of luck to you, though. He did NOT get his first choice of assistant coaches because Congress would not confirm his choices. He went for the next best, already severley handicapped. The "school" forgot to tell him that his players, our citizens, are fat and lazy. You're right about new recruits, though. They're going to Singapore. Given the accurate set of circumstances, I think it's amazing he's won any games at all. Yes, I think he should be given another 4 years to continue this rebuilding of a badly broken program. It would help if the boosters would work WITH him instead of against him. BTW, most sports fans know that it takes years to rebuild. I'm not a fair-weather fan. Patience, my friend.
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#12249 Jun 24, 2012
keeping the retarded str8 wrote:
I vote that bill should tea bag blanche... Arkansas style
He already did, just after that Flowers woman.
Reality Check

United States

#12250 Jun 24, 2012
Charmed wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong on a couple of issues. Using your analogy, The "coach" did not know the program was falling apart financially until 2 months before he started the job (Sept. 17, 2008). It was too late to bail out; the contract had been signed. Sorry, dude, no new equipment and your practice facilities can only be used part-time. Best of luck to you, though. He did NOT get his first choice of assistant coaches because Congress would not confirm his choices. He went for the next best, already severley handicapped. The "school" forgot to tell him that his players, our citizens, are fat and lazy. You're right about new recruits, though. They're going to Singapore. Given the accurate set of circumstances, I think it's amazing he's won any games at all. Yes, I think he should be given another 4 years to continue this rebuilding of a badly broken program. It would help if the boosters would work WITH him instead of against him. BTW, most sports fans know that it takes years to rebuild. I'm not a fair-weather fan. Patience, my friend.
Coach Obama did know what he was getting into. He was in the U.S. Senate for 3 years before being sworn in for crying out loud. Every news outlet was reporting on how bad things were. That is such a crock that you would even think he didn't know. He acts like he didn't know and he leads like he has no idea there is a problem. The rest of your argument isn't worth commenting on. It falls under the "it's my predecessor's fault" argument.
Charmed

Bexar, AR

#12252 Jun 24, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Coach Obama did know what he was getting into. He was in the U.S. Senate for 3 years before being sworn in for crying out loud. Every news outlet was reporting on how bad things were. That is such a crock that you would even think he didn't know. He acts like he didn't know and he leads like he has no idea there is a problem. The rest of your argument isn't worth commenting on. It falls under the "it's my predecessor's fault" argument.
I disagree. No one knew how bad things were, not even President Bush. I'm not blaming Bush for this mess. I blame the big money people with all the power. The rest of my argument is simply stating that Obama has been expected to do a job without the necessary tools. It's not possible. If Congress would simply work on something important - anything important - things may get a little better. I DO blame Congress for the lack of progress. Do you know what they're working on now? Tracking car rental companies that are renting recalled cars without repairs having been made. Yes, it's important. But on my list of priorities, it's definitely at the bottom. Next week they'll vote on Eric Holder's Contempt of Congress charge. It's a nonissue. If they continue with the nonsense, it could change the balance of power created by the Framers of the Constitution. Does that sound like a good idea to you? John Boehner is a puppet. Talk about lack of leadership ... The president doesn't have much power, so he can't do a lot of damage. I don't blame any of them for much. Oh, except Wild Bill. He was responsible for keeping his pants on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Etowah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
full 8 inches for any woman. 3 hr JBM 4
Piggott Mohawks 4 hr Manila Lion 2
Cops on Roy benton 9 hr Upyours 3
Look here Stephanie 9 hr Steph 11
And the most pathetic person of the year award ... 9 hr Steph 14
What would you do? (Dec '09) 12 hr just asking 4
Life back then..... (Feb '08) 13 hr Little Bill 50

Etowah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance