Estes Park school funding measure goi...

Estes Park school funding measure going down to defeat

There are 7 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from Nov 5, 2013, titled Estes Park school funding measure going down to defeat. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

Election Day turned out to be a painful day for the local school district but a fortunate one for the library district.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

Lies Damned Lies Adams

Estes Park, CO

#1 Nov 5, 2013
Adams should really do the right thing and resign her post. This school district has suffered enough from liars, swindlers, and thieves in the past. The last thing it needs is another one to add to the laundry list.
Estes Park Trail Gazette

Estes Park, CO

#2 Nov 6, 2013
The Trail Gazette should do some actual investigative work and write an article.....

The Boulder Daily Camera took away their endorsement of Christie Adams, after she refused to answer any questions about where her alleged PhD came from leading them to believe she has lied about her PhD.

I would not want to see someone on a school board who has lied about their own schooling.
Find Bob Brunson

Aurora, NE

#3 Nov 6, 2013
Bob could quite possibly be our last, best hope to get to the bottom of this sawdry, tordid affair
Ask em

Estes Park, CO

#5 Nov 6, 2013
It should be easy enough to look at Adams' resume and find out where she got her PhD, then inquire at that university if she completed her degree. Of course, that should have been done prior to her election if anyone really cared.
It is typical of Estes Park residents to cry fowl when they lose on an issue, indicating that they may be the ones who need additional schooling. Not in Colorado of course, which does not value education as deduced from the recent votes.
Who is Bob Brunson

Sutherland, NE

#6 Nov 6, 2013
And could he possibly wade thrown this mire and rescue victory from the jaws of defeat?
Dont ask me

San Francisco, CA

#7 Nov 6, 2013
I don't know about all the blow-by-blow of who Bob is and what's on someone else's resume. I know I don't have a PhD and I'm not saying where I didn't get it from.
But seriously, in the bigger picture, I'm sad to see the schools not funded in these elections. From a priority standpoint I think it's just hard to get elderly residents to vote for schools once their kids are out of the system.
I grew up in Greeley and wish my family could consider year-round residency in Estes. But now I have kids and have a hard time making the move to a shrinking school district in the midst of elderly voters.
And

Estes Park, CO

#8 Nov 7, 2013
Dont ask me wrote:
I don't know about all the blow-by-blow of who Bob is and what's on someone else's resume. I know I don't have a PhD and I'm not saying where I didn't get it from.
But seriously, in the bigger picture, I'm sad to see the schools not funded in these elections. From a priority standpoint I think it's just hard to get elderly residents to vote for schools once their kids are out of the system.
I grew up in Greeley and wish my family could consider year-round residency in Estes. But now I have kids and have a hard time making the move to a shrinking school district in the midst of elderly voters.
the fact that test scores have dropped every year since 2005. Voters are not getting a bang for their buck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Literary litterbug' admits tossing 600 books f... Aug 19 Lawrence Wolf 16
Trying to find the name of an old resident/sing... Aug 2 I been to redwood 2
News Judge: Airplane noise plaintiffs owe Mile-Hi $48K Jul '15 voiceofreason 1
missing person from Arkansas MISSING PERSON ALERT Jul '15 concerned 1
Longmont man convicted of stalking ex girlfriend Jul '15 Zebra 1
News The government may soon decide who's a craft br... Jul '15 Miss Id 2
News Woman finds 8.52-carat diamond at state park Jun '15 Jenji Licious 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Estes Park Mortgages